• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

there is no performance-based reason to be brand loyal.
Truth.

Instead of making a new thread...how does the Volt compare to an X Avenger?

The X Avenger is an interesting disc that flies nothing like the Volt or Z/ESP Avengers. The X plastic gives it much more glide and less stability resulting in a disc that is much of a distance driver. I'd say the X Avenger compares most to an Orc or Wraith in flight and distance.

The X Avenger is an interesting disc that flies nothing like the Volt or Z/ESP Avengers. The X plastic gives it much more glide and less stability resulting in a disc that is much of a distance driver. I'd say the X Avenger compares most to an Orc or Wraith in flight and distance.

Sweet. The Volt/Avenger combo might work well in my bag then.

sorry to disagree but the x avenger is not orc like, the esp is close but still not as long. Besides the avenger is just a large diamater orc.

I haven't thrown any Avengers in a few years, so maybe newer runs are different. The X Avenger was hands down longer than the ESP when I tested them.

I can attest that X Avengers are crazy long. I can also attest that ESP Avengers are fairly overstable and not as long as the X's. The Z's are in between.

so discspeed are you saying the Neutron Volt is like an ESP Avenger or more like a slightly longer Eagle?

I didn't throw Orcs very long but I would put the Orc and X Avenger in the same class.

I haven't thrown any Avengers in a few years, so maybe newer runs are different. The X Avenger was hands down longer than the ESP when I tested them.

Oh yes, X Avenger is way longer than the others.

so discspeed are you saying the Neutron Volt is like an ESP Avenger or more like a slightly longer Eagle?

The Volt reminded me of a slightly faster Star EX...ESP Avengers(I threw them when they first came out) were more overstable and glided less than the Volts I threw.

Dunno if you've seen any of my vids of me tossin that worn milky qolf but I'm kind of curious how you think the Volt would compare to it. That's what I'll be throwing it against as soon as I get one.

Dunno if you've seen any of my vids of me tossin that worn milky qolf but I'm kind of curious how you think the Volt would compare to it. That's what I'll be throwing it against as soon as I get one.

I've seen your vids of you throwing that, but I can't really tell anything more specific regarding what will happen when the Volt gets in your hands. I can say it looks more like an MVP disc when flying in the air...I think the design would be pretty overstable without the Gyro, but with it it pushes forward and stays on plane longer while still having very predictable LSS action.

Well I guess I'll just have to try one. and then try to limit myself to owning one or two...or three.

Every time I see this thread bumped up, I open it hoping to find that the release date has been announced. Every time I'm disappointed.:(

To quote the immortal Socrates;

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing..."

To quote the immortal Socrates;

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing..."
socrates.jpg

I literally read every single page of this thread and the one about the Axis. You people are the reason I joined this site AND the reason I preordered the Volt with an Axis on the way, they should compliment my Anode. I love you folks, but you make me want to buy 7-8 new discs a week...