• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Couldn't wait on the Volt any longer. Picked up an X Avenger. Can't wait to test it.

Man, all this impatience over the Volt, I just saw in the Dominator thread that Innova announced it in January and it is coming out next week. I know it's another Innova high speed driver, but no one was worrying about a 9 month wait. Makes the Volt look premature by comparison.

Innova has a BILLION drivers. MVP has none released. That's part of the impatience. All of us want to see what MVP tech will do for a driver. A select few have tested the protos, and have said good things.

I'll still buy a Volt of course, but I've got no high speed discs in my bag, and have heard good things about the Avenger. We'll see.

Idk,I mostly throw a wraith and soon an orc and I really hope the volt will replace those drivers so I can just rock an all MVP bag

How hard can it be to measure a disc? They've been doing it for what? 30 years?

it's not hard to get simple measurements like outside diameter. but once you start picking off distinct features you have to be precise on how you obtain said measures and be very consistent with what you consider datum points.

Idk,I mostly throw a wraith and soon an orc and I really hope the volt will replace those drivers so I can just rock an all MVP bag

This ^^^

Though it actually has a me a little worried--I throw PD's for distance and all MVP for mids and upshots. If the Volt flies like the PD-like-protos, I'll be all in. But it took me forever to get my wife to let me buy the PD's--so I have no idea what wrath awaits me if I put them in the closet for the Volt. :|

This ^^^

Though it actually has a me a little worried--I throw PD's for distance and all MVP for mids and upshots. If the Volt flies like the PD-like-protos, I'll be all in. But it took me forever to get my wife to let me buy the PD's--so I have no idea what wrath awaits me if I put them in the closet for the Volt. :|

Use your lunch stipend to buy Ramen noodles for a week, then gather the $ you saved to buy the Volt, she will never know!

A part of me likes this idea, of having a simple one-manufacturer bag and just getting to know those discs really, really well.

I'm too new to be there yet, but I can see myself moving more and more in that direction.

Thing is, for me, it may be towards Lat64. :) But MVP is right there.

Discraft, Innova... too many similar molds, I sometimes think. Too easy to get confused and have overlap.

You can have overlap with Latitude as well, depending on weights and plastics. A light core and heavy fuse can very easily double up on each other. It's not just a problem of the big manufacturers.

A part of me likes this idea, of having a simple one-manufacturer bag and just getting to know those discs really, really well.

I'm too new to be there yet, but I can see myself moving more and more in that direction.

Thing is, for me, it may be towards Lat64. :) But MVP is right there.

Discraft, Innova... too many similar molds, I sometimes think. Too easy to get confused and have overlap.

Either one is going to make for a good bag. With MVP, you have to be able to do more with fewer discs, though, simply because they don't have a bunch to pick from. HOWEVER, that certainly doesn't mean that MVP's discs CAN'T do everything. I would contend that they can. :clap:

You can have overlap with Latitude as well, depending on weights and plastics. A light core and heavy fuse can very easily double up on each other. It's not just a problem of the big manufacturers.

This phenomenon is relatively unique to Latitude64, though. However, that kind of serious variance between plastics and weights makes Lat64 even better for a one-manufacturer bag.

The appeal of an all Lat64 or all MVP bag (over against a Discraft or Innova bag) is the fewer choices. It's forced minimalization and just feels cool. :D

It would be difficult to rock an all MVP bag right now, unless you're proficient in throwing both BH, and FH.

We need to see an understable mid, and an understable driver from MVP to round out the lineup.

It would be difficult to rock an all MVP bag right now, unless you're proficient in throwing both BH, and FH.

We need to see an understable mid, and an understable driver from MVP to round out the lineup.

I cannot wait for the understable lineup. BUT I can still get by with what MVP's released so far. And I don't have much of a flick. Controlled anhyzers are my friend. :)

Just to make this a bit more clear...The Volt is not going to compete with discs like the Wraith and Orc for most people. I'd call it a control driver--Longer winged and flying than traditional fairway drivers (GZ, TB, Leo, cyclone, Stalker), but much more predictable and shorter than any "distance" driver designed in the last 5 years.

Secondly, there is no performance-based reason to be brand loyal. Any reasoning in your head is probably a sign that you have a touch (or a lot) of OCD in your personality. Overlap will happen with MVP as well as they release more molds, and more choices is not a bad thing. Manufacturers have a lot of different throwers to please if they want to sell discs, so creating a set of discs that is one person's idea of a complete bag is only going to cater to a certain specific type of thrower. There are plenty of non-performance based reasons to be loyal to the MVP franchise that I can understand, and at some point they will have enough options so that one could have every shot they need with MVP discs, but the release of the Volt shouldn't have anyone dropping half their discs (unless you are developing and never should have had faster discs to begin with, or you don't care about score).

whatever happened to the thumbs up feature for liking a coment?