• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

If it means anything, DN's goal is to have these live on the 25th

You will be able to pick exact color and weight and if you order by 3pm cst it ships that day. Just as fast as an preorder. And you get the disc you want

This is what I'll be doing, and since I only live about 5 hours away.. I should have mine before Monday. Sweeeet

That was only the first run Ion. All others have been black-rimmed, and if I recall correctly MVP has also nixed first-run stamps altogether.

So there's nothing to denote first run? That's incredibly lame and a real bad marketing move! Guess I won't get one :\ Thanks for answering though

So there's nothing to denote first run? That's incredibly lame and a real bad marketing move! Guess I won't get one :\ Thanks for answering though

Yeah, I was disappointed in this. Oh well, I still have 1st runs in the other models...but I'll still be getting one or three.

There will be 3rd party custom stamps that come to be known as indicators of the first run, but nobody knows exactly what that'll be yet.

I'm interested to hear why it's incredibly lame and a real bad marketing move. And to be clear, you're not at all interested in using it, right?

I think they do it for consistency purposes, as that is MVP's main aim. The discs seem to market themselves pretty well otherwise.

There will be 3rd party custom stamps that come to be known as indicators of the first run, but nobody knows exactly what that'll be yet.

I'm interested to hear why it's incredibly lame and a real bad marketing move. And to be clear, you're not at all interested in using it, right?

I too don't understand what's lame and bad about it...

I'm a collector at heart, and while I've only recently gotten into collecting/selling/trading discs, I have massive experience in trading cards. With anything collectable, the first edition/run is highly sought after and pretty much every manufacturer will denote the first run with something so collectors can identify it as such. I can say with certainty that while MVP will likely sell a ton of Volts, they will miss out on the collector buyers like myself by not differentiating the first runs from the runs following them. Even if they made a slight adjustment to the first run stamp, it would be enough for collectors like myself to want to buy several to hoard for later rewards. Obviously, they won't be crippled by the lost sales, but why miss out on the money of collectors by skipping a very easy step? As far as your second question, I'm trying not to keep switching discs and have been getting used to the Saint, so my speed 9 control driver spot it filled*.

I too don't understand what's lame and bad about it...

Because I assume you're buying the volt for the reason most sane folks are - to throw it.

*Disclaimer - I haven't read through this thread very thoroughly so if the Volt is drastically different than the Saint then I may someday try it out.

I don't feel that they're really missing out on the collector market. Innova isn't out there selling their collectible discs for $100, the collectors are. When innova "finds" old discs, they still sell them for regular market prices. Also, the plastic has changes so many times over the years with these other manufacturers, and MVP doesn't plan to do that. That being said, you shouldn't have any difference in look, feel or flight from first to final run on these discs. MVP just has a different focus as a company and I fully respect the fact that they're in it for the sport, now so people can cash in on their work.

I don't feel that they're really missing out on the collector market. Innova isn't out there selling their collectible discs for $100, the collectors are. When innova "finds" old discs, they still sell them for regular market prices. Also, the plastic has changes so many times over the years with these other manufacturers, and MVP doesn't plan to do that. That being said, you shouldn't have any difference in look, feel or flight from first to final run on these discs. MVP just has a different focus as a company and I fully respect the fact that they're in it for the sport, now so people can cash in on their work.

Innova isn't selling collector discs for $100 because most of what would be considered collectable from Innova was produced before the sport really began taking off (I'm aware there are exceptions to this). If folks had known that Champion Edition plastic was going to be as sought after as it is, they would have snapped up as much of it as possible. Knowing that MVP is likely going to be around for a long time, and knowing that this is their first driver, it's not a stretch to imagine that in a few years "first run" volts will be worth something. As I said, the loss of collector sales won't be a huge blow to MVP, but if they could get a few extra sales by adding the words "First Run" to the stamp somewhere, why wouldn't they?

Also, different colored rims are sweet.

Last edited:
does it matter if people on the internet dont believe that you bought the volt when it came out?
take a picture of it next to a news paper or some ****

does it matter if people on the internet dont believe that you bought the volt when it came out?
take a picture of it next to a news paper or some ****

You sir are clearly not a collector. If you can't prove what it is then it isn't worth more than any other run.

I can understand the collector's point of view and I understand MVP's. So here's mine: I'll bet there will be "tells" of a first or early run Volt that will distinguish it in the collector's market. MVP will clean up the flash or do this or that because something can be made better and there will be some distinguishing characteristics to timeline thier discs somewhat (especially this, their first driver and first disc on a new machine).

Oh man. Just threw 30 holes in the calmest weather we've had since the Volt came out. This disc is amazing.

Parked a couple of slight turnover holes with some of my best drives on them. Threw some hyzers that didn't flip to deuce some 375-390' holes. Tried out some max D shots in an open field and was getting them to go about 135 paces thrown with a good bit of hyzer. They'd pop up flat and cruise straight, showing ridiculous glide. Very little fade considering I was throwing them 35' or so high.

I threw them for every driver tee shot today and they were keeping up with where my quasars and Qolfs would land on a good throw.

I tried filming a few distance shots by myself but who knows if they turned out.

I got to toss one around yesterday and unlike Mike C reported, it had a bit too much turn for my liking. It felt great in the hand and seemed pretty easy to throw. Lots of glide. It's not a turnover disc by any means but I was expecting a little more HSS.

i threw it quite a bit out at the discnation testing but my back was a little sore from previous rounds so my throwing wasnt up to par .

from what i gathered anyway,the disc is pretty nice and i think lots of people will like it. it has some turn but also has some good lss to get some nice lines shaped and come out of big turns. i really prefer to throw flat majority of the time so doing so it would just lazer out straight and then fade in towards the last bit of its flight. the beauty of all this was that it didnt skip as much as a normal driver would. so its a really good disc to point and shoot where u want it without having to compensate for skips and what not. im not saying that it doesnt skip at all,it just doesnt skip much. maybe a few feet at most.

from watching the others throw them, i saw rollers,big anhyzers, sweeping hyzers , huge helix shots, side arm shots etc. it really does do what u tell it to, which is pretty awesome.

i threw it fh several times and i dont have a huge sidearm so most of my shots went straight lazer or had a small flex to the left (RHFH) . it never completely flipped without trying to fight back any.

i would compare this disc to somewhat of a slow pd eagle L type disc. others have said its like a slightly more stable tb at lower power but the big arms had other opinions of that comparison.

Latest posts