• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

eegor i like your signature.
aside from that,

Does anyone know a place that I can pre-order Volt but still choose color/weight preference?

If it means anything, DN's goal is to have these live on the 25th

You will be able to pick exact color and weight and if you order by 3pm cst it ships that day. Just as fast as an preorder. And you get the disc you want

If it means anything, DN's goal is to have these live on the 25th

You will be able to pick exact color and weight and if you order by 3pm cst it ships that day. Just as fast as an preorder. And you get the disc you want

I wonder how many people will pay for overnight shipping on these from DN so they get them for the weekend...

Got to throw mine a few times tonight. It was league night though and we were pushing darkness, so I only got a handful in and didn't throw any backhands. It seems like an extremely solid disc so far.

I had two buddies throw it as well. The first one Notroman from this site was able to get it to turn, he has 425ft + power. Then another buddy threw it right after and was able to throw a 360 ft hyzer, and he also has 425ft + of power. I was able to flip it up straight with a little turn on a downhill shot and it went just shy of 400 ft on a relaxed throw. Just seeing those three radically different flights makes me believe if you learn it you can throw it on any line like others have said.

Can't wait to hopefully get out either tomorrow at lunch or after work and really do some drilling in the field.

@ Tmart: If you can throw an Axis 350ft with a flat release there should be no reason you need to throw a Nuke with a "4 o'clock" hyzer release to get it to go 420ft. The logic there doesn't line up to me. I also agree with Moseley that Backhand creates more spin than BH, but FH can generate more speed and torque.

Communitydiscs.com is a great place to preorder from. He will get you as close as possible to what you request

Community sounds like a good place to support, and for the preorder crowd, it's probably in your interest to all jump on one dealer. That allows him to stock more, making a larger sampling available to fill all these preferences.

Community sounds like a good place to support, and for the preorder crowd, it's probably in your interest to all jump on one dealer. That allows him to stock more, making a larger sampling available to fill all these preferences.

I just talked to Justin from Communitydiscs and he said that lighter Volts aren't going to be a problem at all. MVP has confirmed that they will have a bunch of 168's ready to go by the 25th.

Yesterday I took my Volts out to a new course. My arm was getting sore from all my Volt/Neutron mid testing, so I took a break on Sunday so my snap was fresh and strong. I liked the Volt from the get-go, but yesterday it was really doing my will. I think I must have been getting a tiny bit of OAT initially because I wasn't getting as much turn yesterday despite some wind. Something about throwing the Volt is very satisfying...Once you snap it on line it holds that line better/longer than other drivers, and the harder you throw it the longer it does your will before the fade kicks in.

I'm sure I'll get smacked down for asking, but has there been any discussion on the timeline of the proton volt release? I like stiff drivers.

I'm sure I'll get smacked down for asking, but has there been any discussion on the timeline of the proton volt release? I like stiff drivers.

Nothing as of right meow.

I just want to say that I absolutely love these things. My two lighter ones have a higher dome to them, making them more TLish, and my two max weights have less, making them more Leopardish. They Complement each other very well. Have been off-hand flicking(rhfh for me) them with a lot of control also. Actually hit chastity belt with one last night at leagues. Let some lower powered players throw them before league started last night and they flew just like in Mike's video.

Well the Neutron Volt is nearly as stiff as its Proton version would be... it's a firmer feel than the N putters and mids, I think firmer than the flex on regular/Medium Proton.

There's been no word of the Proton Volt release. It'll happen eventually I'm positive, but it's not something I expect to see before the end of the year.

Seems like releasing the N Volt right now will leave them plenty of long hours to maintain stock through the holidays :)

Nothing as of right meow.

I just want to say that I absolutely love these things. My two lighter ones have a higher dome to them, making them more TLish, and my two max weights have less, making them more Leopardish. They Complement each other very well. Have been off-hand flicking(rhfh for me) them with a lot of control also. Actually hit chastity belt with one last night at leagues. Let some lower powered players throw them before league started last night and they flew just like in Mike's video.

Diggin the reference :D

If I were to preorder one on community discs, would I get a first run? Doesn't MVP make a different colored rim on first runs? I'm 100% set on my speed 9 disc choice, but these are gonna be trading and selling well and I'd like to get my hands on one or two.

If I were to preorder one on community discs, would I get a first run? Doesn't MVP make a different colored rim on first runs? I'm 100% set on my speed 9 disc choice, but these are gonna be trading and selling well and I'd like to get my hands on one or two.

That was only the first run Ion. All others have been black-rimmed, and if I recall correctly MVP has also nixed first-run stamps altogether.

Latest posts