• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

No. It was changed because innova said it flew similar but they are different shapes

The volt isn't as fast as a beast/orc either

I believe orcs are faster and don't hold slower lines as well. The faster a disc, the quicker it stops turning and starts fading. Most long controlled annys arent going to be done with a nuke, but it could sure be done with a pd, a teebird, leopard, or beast. Or many other stable to understable, slower, discs.

Discspeed

If I tell a customer "give this disc 10 rounds, then you will be able to throw it properly"...I am pretty sure I wouldnt get any sales on the Volt

To me every disc has a learning curve. But customers don't want to hear that, because the first throw needs to be magic. I can adjust my throw to make a trashed QJLS hold long hyzers, that doesn't mean the QJLS is stable or flippy, I've just adjusted myself to the disc

But the Volt is unique in that everyone can throw it out of the box. There are very few drivers I can recommend to every type of customer, and the Volt just joined the list. It's a do it all driver. You can adapt your throw to make it do everything, hence my -2/2 thinking.

Discspeed

If I tell a customer "give this disc 10 rounds, then you will be able to throw it properly"...I am pretty sure I wouldnt get any sales on the Volt

To me every disc has a learning curve. But customers don't want to hear that, because the first throw needs to be magic. I can adjust my throw to make a trashed QJLS hold long hyzers, that doesn't mean the QJLS is stable or flippy, I've just adjusted myself to the disc

But the Volt is unique in that everyone can throw it out of the box. There are very few drivers I can recommend to every type of customer, and the Volt just joined the list. It's a do it all driver. You can adapt your throw to make it do everything, hence my -2/2 thinking.

So at 9/5/-2/2, that puts it in Valk territory, right?

I did head out last night to play a round with my Volts. Unfortunately, it was anywhere from a sprinkle to a downpour the entire time so I looked at every shot I took with a grain of salt. Today is absolutely GORGEOUS, but of course my wife doesn't work so I don't get to go out discing. D'oh!

Anywho, here's a picture of my preciouses:

171760_g.jpg

So at 9/5/-2/2, that puts it in Valk territory, right?

(In my limited testing) The Volt threw quite similar to my Beasts. I would not put it near the turn over of a Valkyrie.

Close to Valk but different enough

Remember ratings are arbitrary. And my view of them is most likely different from the Mike's

Everyone seems to agree that it shows no turn at 350 power. A Valk would turn at that range.

It does turn if thrown flat. Numbers are based on flat throws, not hyzer flips

Having turn doesn't mean it won't fade back

The inflight numbers show plenty of turn

Last edited:
Anyone in the closer to 300-feet-of-power range had a chance to toss these a little more? Just curious. I know Mike C's buddy is on one video, but a written breakdown would be intriguing.

Anyone in the closer to 300-feet-of-power range had a chance to toss these a little more? Just curious. I know Mike C's buddy is on one video, but a written breakdown would be intriguing.

I'm definitely more the 300 foot power type. Of course, I'm a sidearm thrower so my information may not end up being all that helpful. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get out and play a couple rounds with them, and I'll post some observations.

It does turn if thrown flat. Numbers are based on flat throws, not hyzer flips

Having turn doesn't mean it won't fade back

The inflight numbers show plenty of turn

It turns at 350 power? How about 300?
I've seen turn from my champ Valk and I'm a 300 foot thrower. Still sounds a touch more stable than the Valk.

It's not like any of this conjecture will stop me from buying a few Volts. :D

I think the one thing that everyone should take out of this thread, regardless of flight #s, is that the Volt is a special disc. Best driver in a few years, no doubt. One of those discs everyone can use and very few will dislike

It turns at 350 power? How about 300?
I've seen turn from my champ Valk and I'm a 300 foot thrower. Still sounds a touch more stable than the Valk.
:D

As a 260 foot thrower, my Valks make beautiful S-curves.

I think the one thing that everyone should take out of this thread, regardless of flight #s, is that the Volt is a special disc. Best driver in a few years, no doubt. One of those discs everyone can use and very few will dislike

I approve of this post. :thmbup:

Not to push em on y'all but...

DN Volt and GiD skull-trooper Volt go live at Midnight cst

I think a certain artist mentioned how 3rd party stamps would make good indications of MVP 1st runs :D

I stamped them and they turned out pretty sweet. The bar stamps have some cool color combos(not that we can garauntee a certain foil but we try)

FWIW, if you click the last link in my sig (last "or here") you can see me throwing 380' hyzers that never flatten, and you can also see a gentle turnover on a 400' hole. zj is right in that this really is a do it all type of disc.

Yep everyone throw differently in style and distance. This disc fills a gap in anyone's bag because it can do a lot of lines. A true utility disc

Yeah I know. Looked like someone was standing behind that tree and tossed it out at the basket haha.

Not to push em on y'all but...

DN Volt and GiD skull-trooper Volt go live at Midnight cst

I think a certain artist mentioned how 3rd party stamps would make good indications of MVP 1st runs :D

I stamped them and they turned out pretty sweet. The bar stamps have some cool color combos(not that we can garauntee a certain foil but we try)

You'd think you were trying to sell us Volts or something. ;)

These things are going to sell themsleves. Am I right ZJ?

Latest posts