• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Heard these were being released today
MVP shipped to resellers on Monday so most shuold receive them by today. Closer shops like GGGT had them sooner.

I'd bet money that no other disc has sold as many as these will on their first day...however you might define which day is the first one.

I'd bet money that no other disc has sold as many as these will on their first day...however you might define which day is the first one.

Since forum nerds do most the pre-ordering/release day pickups you may be right. However, I'll bet when Innova releases a driver they send 2-3x as many to retailers during the first wave simply because a lot more retailers carry Innova and not MVP. This is a huge step forward though, and the next chance I get to talk to the MVP guys I'll be interested in how much bigger the Volt release was compared to their others.

Last edited:
Since forum nerds do most the pre-ordering/release day pickups you may be right. However, I'll bet when Innova releases a driver they send 2-3x as many to retailers during the first wave simply because a lot more retailers carry Innova and not MVP. This is a huge step forward though, and the next chance I get to talk to the MVP guys I'll be interested in how much bigger the Volt release was compared to their others.
I agree with that but I'd still hold that immediate retail sales for the Volt will exceed other discs even if wholesale does not. I tried to get Brad to tell me how many Volts they ran and he couldn't share. I hope you have more luck but I certainly understand you'll be sworn to secrecy. I try hard not to pimp myself on here (beyond the signature) but I usually get 30-50 of new MVP releases. This time I got 220 and I'm concerned about running out (not, all you pre-order people are perfectly fine :hfive: ).

I'd bet money that no other disc has sold as many as these will on their first day...
You'd lose some money :)
Innova and DC have a huge dealer network and all the blind buyership that populate those stores, and certain discs have hit the sweet spot in terms of market awareness and demand. Ti Nuke blows this away, for example. MVP has a different type of market than those guys and their releases sell in a different way. Fewer outlets, more traffic in online sales, and with the time span and anticipation surrounding this release a lot of the forum sales were pre-orders.

This MVP release is hotter than any Latitude release has been, and I see these two as the DC and Innova respectively of the boutique/indie market.

This MVP release is hotter than any Latitude release has been, and I see these two as the DC and Innova respectively of the boutique/indie market.

I'll defer to your retail knowledge on this one. I'd be surprised if the Saint didn't at least compete with the Volt on release desire, though. But between both of them, I'm just happy they're proving that warp speed drivers are not the end-all of new disc marketing.

I'd love to get my hands on some black and white ones, but our season in Central, NY is almost at an end. I'm going to force myself to sit tight until I get get some cheaper ones on the MP in a few months.

I'd be surprised if the Saint didn't at least compete with the Volt on release desire, though. But between both of them, I'm just happy they're proving that warp speed drivers are not the end-all of new disc marketing.

I literally have not seen a single Saint in the hands of any of the many players I've thrown with since it was released. Blizzard Bosses, Ti Nukes, Cannon/Rampages, etc on the other hand, everywhere! I think you can imagine how insane the hype over a speed 13 MVP driver would be.

Most people I see on the course don't follow the trends as closely as some might think.

While the Saint and the Volt had a lot of buzz around here, I've yet to play with anybody who has a Saint and very few use anything from MVP. I've played local doubles at several courses and have been to tournaments around Ohio and in surrounding states and people constantly ask "What's that?" when they see me using an Anode.

I didnt want to buy into the hype of this disc.. and i didnt. But as a gazelle lover i def. Wanted to throw one. Luckily i was able to get one for just 7 bucks shipped with a trade in my desired weight so m looking for to hucking it this weekend.

I have a question for a few of you putter throwers of the MVP plastic (not volt related!). I just bought 2 volts, then an axis and an anode. I throw supersoft Wizards, and have a "Soft" proton Ion (DGCR one ohya!). Are some of the blends of soft proton plastic enough that they get squirrely or affect the flight at all? I'm not expecting floppy, but I just dislike hard putters when I'm throwing. These are distances of ~300+ are what I'm going to expect from the anode.

Completely unrelated... First day off this week, stoked to go disc golfing... It's now raining.

Won some cash in poker last night, logged on to DGC today to pick up a Volt but they don't have them! Obviously I could order one from another site, but it's very surprising to see that DGC didn't decide to preorder Volts...

You are correct, the new transparent soft protons aren't near as flexible as those. The FR Ions were pretty darn flexy as well.

Mine isn't nearly as flexible as most of the others I've felt.

Won some cash in poker last night, logged on to DGC today to pick up a Volt but they don't have them! Obviously I could order one from another site, but it's very surprising to see that DGC didn't decide to preorder Volts...

Order from justin! (communitydiscs.com)

Sorry if this was already asked but just looking for clarification...

Anyone have an opinion as to whether the different colors actually alter the flight characteristics? Any official MVP stance on this inquiry?

took them a little bit to get Opto Air in too. They just finished a massive move this week so they're probably just getting their feet under them.