• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I do think there is something to what I was saying, but I also agree that it's stupid to argue at all about flight numbers because they are completely arbitrary and subjective.

Regardless of the high speed turn number, the Volt is a lot more dependable on lines than the Valk. Once you've got the Volt doing what you want a little wind isn't going to change the flightpath like it would on the Valk. It's LSS is earlier and more dependable than the Valk as well.

Can any of the Disc Nation crew shine any light on the lowest weight Volt you received?
I'm *alls deep in the database right now.
Skulltrooper: 171g lightest (smaller sampling of plastic, since all of these are white)
One Nation bar-stamp: 169g Blue, 169g Orange-Red

Our factory stamps arrive on the noonish truck. They'll be live within 15 minutes. 10 minutes if ZJ mixes wheaties with his mid morning meatballs.

I saw 169g when I stamped but didn't purposely look for weights

Skulltrooper: 171g lightest (smaller sampling of plastic, since all of these are white)

Our factory stamps arrive on the noonish truck. They'll be live within 15 minutes. 10 minutes if ZJ mixes wheaties with his mid morning meatballs.

Thanks gentlemen.

To any OLF enthusiasts. I just lost my prized 1.2 QOLF. I have 2 volts preordered and was wondering if there is still space for ordering another OLF or does the Volt basically cover those shots?

To any OLF enthusiasts. I just lost my prized 1.2 QOLF. I have 2 volts preordered and was wondering if there is still space for ordering another OLF or does the Volt basically cover those shots?
How'd that 1.2 QOLF fly for you? If your arm's like mine, that would be my disc one tick shy of the Firebird. In that case, I'd say there's room for the QOLF. The Volt would replace my SOLF and beefy Sidewinder (basically SOLS), but not my RR or beefy QOLF. It sits dead-center in my spectrum of Speed 9 stability.

How'd that 1.2 QOLF fly for you? If your arm's like mine, that would be my disc one tick shy of the Firebird. In that case, I'd say there's room for the QOLF. The Volt would replace my SOLF and beefy Sidewinder (basically SOLS), but not my RR or beefy QOLF. It sits dead-center in my spectrum of Speed 9 stability.

Well I throw 300-400 ft depending on my consistency and disc choice. the 1.2 QOLF was definitely stable enough to always come back in a headwind, but it would have a minute amount of turn on a flat release. I imagine slightly more stable than a 1.1 based on what I read. I loved the disc and it was a go-to driver for a variety of shots, but that sounds suspiciously similar to a Volt.

Been anxiously waiting for Volts the whole time and finally today, Disc Outfitters emailed me that they got the shipment from MVP today so I drove over and bought couple of them (5). Brought them to Rockburn (in Ellicott City, MD) and test drove them. There's no such thing as a magic or perfect disc but for me Volt is pretty close to that. Felt great in my hand. I am 300'ish thrower and I can throw different lines pretty well. It pretty much replaced my seasoned white 166 S-PD (that one was the least stable out of serveral S-PDs in my collection) that was my most used driver so far this year and yet I am much more consistent with Volt than that PD already (I would do anything to find that PD if it gets lost). Those Volts ranged from 171 to 174 and all are different colors and all flew pretty much similar to me.

It was quiet day wind-wise today so I will see how it flies in windy days. I think I would use beefier S-PD for headwinds.

Thanks MVP, I am very happy camper and I cannot wait to play more dg with those Volts.

Thanks to all testers for their reviews/comments! Mike C, love your videos!

Looking forward for overstable and understable complement to the Volt :)

Well I throw 300-400 ft depending on my consistency and disc choice. the 1.2 QOLF was definitely stable enough to always come back in a headwind, but it would have a minute amount of turn on a flat release. I imagine slightly more stable than a 1.1 based on what I read. I loved the disc and it was a go-to driver for a variety of shots, but that sounds suspiciously similar to a Volt.
Yep, slight turn into a headwind = my beefy QOLF. I would not drop that beefy QOLF (or something in that slot) for the Volt.

Taking some EPO and Testosterone tonight followed by a blood transfusion in the morning

I'm gonna set some receiving records. Make sure to put my Armstrong braclet on

I am really looking forward to giving this disc a chance. Thanks for the information. I have mine on pre-order shipping out to me tomorrow.

Too bad you don't send discs overseas... and btw why not? I would really like some bar stamped volts :(