• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Beeftrout - if that happened to me I'd be just as pissed. If you were less specific then your order should be easier to fill than a person who was more specific, sounds like you got screwed to me. The lesson I will take from your experience is that pre-ordering from Community Discs is a bad idea. I have no doubt that the reason you didn't specify an exact weight and color was to make it easier on the vendor, and instead of returning the favor they blamed you for their incompetence.

Last edited:
I know a high post count doesn't equal respect, but there have been a few low post counts coming in with a bad attitude toward others lately. "Learn to throw heavy discs" comes off as an insult, not advice. And anyone around long enough to know Bul's posts knows he is injured...

Sorry for the rant, but it helps to pay attention before being rude.

End rant. Need coffee.

I've noticed that myself. Attitudinal problems have been coming across in posts more and more of late. Whether intentional or not is unknown. And yes, it did come off as an insult to me as well. But, I didn't type what I was thinking so as not to start something.

Think I'll get more coffee, too.;)

Beeftrout - if that happened to me I'd be just as pissed. If you were less specific then your order should be easier to fill than a person who was more specific, sounds like you got screwed to me. The lesson I will take from your experience is that pre-ordering from Community Discs is a bad idea. I have no doubt that the reason you didn't specify an exact weight and color was to make it easier on the vendor, and instead of returning the favor they blamed you for their incompetence.

Let's also remember that he didn't get "screwed," but merely inconvenienced. It's not like Community took his money and didn't give him a disc. He was refunded and had to get a disc from somewhere else. If that's getting screwed, then I'd hate to see what you call it when you really get jerked around.

And while preordering may not be for everyone, the side effect of it was that Community was able to have a larger stock on hand for people who didn't preorder. While Marshall Street was sold out of Volts in five hours, Community still had plenty on hand because the initial order they placed was much larger.

Currently in the midst of my first order with Community. There are some complications and I'm getting nothing but clear communication and compromises offered. Would order again.

i dont think the "learn to throw heavy discs" was meant as an insult but more of a joke. but what do i know. thats the problem with the internet you cant tell the tone. now back to the volt did anyone give an answer on why the lighter ones fade harder? are the lighter ones fading harder for everyone or just some of the lighter ones?

now back to the volt did anyone give an answer on why the lighter ones fade harder? are the lighter ones fading harder for everyone or just some of the lighter ones?

I don't have a light one (couldn't get my hands on one...:wall:) but there might be some deep, complicated physics answer to that question. I know they guys at MVP are huge on the actual physical effects and dynamics of the discs they create, which is probably why they don't make lighter discs already.

Just postulating, but perhaps, because MVP discs rely alot on spin due to the Gyro thingie (how scientific of me) the light ones either have more or less spin, causing them to fade harder? Just kicking ideas around...perhaps someone of higher intelligence than I could help out on this one...

Joke or insult is lacks any real contribution to the thread. And why should I learn to throw a heavy disc when good form and a lighter disc can equal more distance?

On another note, I hate all of you for making a 137 page thread about this magic Volt! :p Because of you I just had to order 2, from Justin at Community no less, who has been wonderful to work with so far. Looking forward to giving them a test run next week.

Ive been throwing my 169 volt all week and getting some amazingly straight lines with this thing, with a little anny on it it will just follow all the way through.

I have seen some 168's in black on ebay not sure if Justin has any of the 168's but if he does ill probably be picking up another one.

I got a 169g Orange Volt from DGC the other day. To me that is very light, im used to throwing 175.

Cant wait to see how it compares to my 173-175g volts.

Justin mistakenly shipped me 1 Volt instead of the 2 that I ordered. After I contacted him and made him aware of the situation in a respectful, professional manor, he quickly shipped the second one. People make mistakes. The way that you correct them dictates what kind of person you are. That being said, I will most definitely be ordering from Justin again. Yelling, screaming, and publicly bashing someone over a piece of plastic tells me that you are nothing but an immature child. Good luck in the real world, you're gonna need it.

They were the first to tell me that lighter discs are less stable than heavier ones because of how they are made, not because it is an inherent property of lighter discs.

Could you expand on this a little more? It sounds like the lighter ones are fading more from what people are saying.

I don't have a light one (couldn't get my hands on one...:wall:) but there might be some deep, complicated physics answer to that question. I know they guys at MVP are huge on the actual physical effects and dynamics of the discs they create, which is probably why they don't make lighter discs already.

Just postulating, but perhaps, because MVP discs rely alot on spin due to the Gyro thingie (how scientific of me) the light ones either have more or less spin, causing them to fade harder? Just kicking ideas around...perhaps someone of higher intelligence than I could help out on this one...

I am guessing it is due to the weight distribution.
More weight on the outer edge = Less fade (Example MVP Discs)
Less weight on the outer edge = More Fade (Example Blizzard)

I think we would be better at guessing which will fade harder if we had more info about the actual disc such as the weight of the core in comparison to the weight of the full disc. If all the cores weigh the exact same than the lighter discs will have less weight in the overmold and will fade harder.

This is just speculation and MVP is pretty hush hush about talking about the weights of the cores and how it affects the discs.

I am guessing it is due to the weight distribution.
More weight on the outer edge = Less fade (Example MVP Discs)
Less weight on the outer edge = More Fade (Example Blizzard)

I think we would be better at guessing which will fade harder if we had more info about the actual disc such as the weight of the core in comparison to the weight of the full disc. If all the cores weigh the exact same than the lighter discs will have less weight in the overmold and will fade harder.

This is just speculation and MVP is pretty hush hush about talking about the weights of the cores and how it affects the discs.

I would think that the outermold were all the same and the core is where the grams are taken out?

It just seems that production-wise, it would be easier to pop out these outermolds at the same ratio and tinker with the core molding. But hey, that's entirely uneducated speculation. On the other hand, maybe it's easier for them to pump out 2x the cores at the same ratio, since they double-dip on using the same core for their 2 putters, 2 mids, etc. that the outermold is where the tweaking lies.

Said before and will say again: I had pre-ordered three Volts, added a fourth, and they were all sent the day he got them in stock and I got them two days later. Then I ordered another and he sent that out the next day as well. All were exactly the color and weight I wanted (I said 168-172 but was specific with the colors). I got one 168, two 170s, and one 172.

I've ordered everything (except the 10 Wizards and Bullseye) exclusively from Community Discs since my Volt pre-order in August or whatever, and ALWAYS been very happy.

Still haven't thrown my Volts yet though. Weather's been garbage.

so my order just arrived. i got six volts and ill be keeping one for myself.
169 darth vader
169 orange
172 pink
170 yellow
173 storm trooper
175 storm trooper

for the guys who have thrown different weights and colors. i want the one that will have the least fade, turn i dont mind. i been hearing the light ones fade out more so the orange and black are out.
i really like the 173 white or maybe the 172 pink.

Could you expand on this a little more? It sounds like the lighter ones are fading more from what people are saying.

Maybe they dont have thinner spots in the core and so with the weight distribution being the same just less mass in total, maybe it flies a bit different?

Last edited:

Latest posts