• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Ha! We were just talking about this today when we were out playing. I would love to see this happen. All-MVP glow rounds would be money.

I can't stand MVPs putters and mids...but I am now a believer in the Volt. This disc is amazing and should be in everyones bag. It holds any line. It could become my go to driver if I can find one that's a little more overstable to compliment the one I have.

I'm also a bit surprised at how well these things fly on a FH. Normally I can only FH drive big rim stuff (dang sausage fingers) but these go almost as far on a forehand as on a backhand. And my buddy geofflaw can FH the Volt farther and straighter than anything else in his bag.

But it interests me because MVP discs usually rely so much on spin, and the downside to a FH is the low amount of spin. Don't know why the Volt works differently..any ideas?

But I agree, this disc could be a real game changer...especially for medium powered players.

550299_219671798164308_1607929292_n.jpg

Finally got a chance to throw my 174g orange volt, First impressions weren't that great. I throw around 320" with my beast but I havent played in a few weeks so Iwould estimate distances were around 300 today.

Wind was pretty calm and I couldn't get the volt to fly consistently, one throw it would turn and burn the next it would do a nice S and the next it would go straight then fade, I was throwing the volt along with my 175g champion beast and a couple wraiths of varying stability and they were all consistent for me. It's still likely it was me or some rouge winds i will have to do some more testing to see what this disc is capable of but as for right now I still like my beast better.

How are black 173's flying for everyone? Any feedback in this range? Just got mine today but I unfortunately will not be able to try this baby out today. :(

I am having an incredibly difficult time dialing this one in. I am going 50/50 disc versus operator error, but I am also saying that my operator error comes from the disc. I just cannot get a decent grip on this disc and when I overgrip it, it allows OAT to sneak into my throws.

I am not giving up on it yet, but more than likely it will be heading to the Marketplace soon.

It's always boggled me how many people can't grip onto certain disc widths or depths. There used to be a huge debate over being able to power grip a putter, and how it just caused oat and blah blah blah.

Anyone having problems with grip on something like the volt just needs to go back to the basics and re-think their grip. Any hand should be able to grip any disc. The exceptions are when discs get extremely wide (nuke, boss,etc.).

The disc is usually resting too far forward or back in the hand, so the fingers can't reach the critical points, and then the disc won't line up on a level plane with the forearm.

Just make sure you have these things:
1.Pivot point between your index finger and thumb, the thumb should be directly over the index finger on the flight plate so that the knuckle of the index finger on the bottom of the rim, and the thumb create a pivot point for the clean release of the disc.
2. From there, rest the disc back into the forearm, curling the wrist, so that it's level with the forearm. Let the other 3 fingers rest on the rim.
3. extend wrist, make sure the nose is down and the plane of the disc is parallel to the forearm. Let the other 3 fingers reposition if they are too stretched.

It's always boggled me how many people can't grip onto certain disc widths or depths.

Don't let your mind be boggled. We all don't have the same size hands, or fingers, or finger width. It's really that simple.

Don't let your mind be boggled. We all don't have the same size hands, or fingers, or finger width. It's really that simple.
totally agree when i grab the volt i have to adjust my grip a lot from the way i grip other discs. my normal grip makes the volt nose up so i have to adjust that to compensate. The verdict is still out on the volt for me because gripping it is so different from the rest of my discs.

Then why can I take someone's grip and change it to fit the disc, regardless of the finger size. I've done it time and time again, people are just unwilling to have a grip feel uncomfortable until they get used to it.

Latest posts