• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Hooray, another post.

Another -1. Which is good.

I flicked my Shield alot today. It was good.

My in the circle putts were better, I didn't have many out of the circle.

The wind was rather blowy today. It makes my XL turn over, and I don't really have this Viper dialed in for actual drives instead of just overstable shots. Needs work.

There are two holes here I always four. Or more. They're the "lol what's a line" kind of hole. I haven't figured out the best way to get through them.

Cobra is good.

One more good round like this and I'll go back to the blues and a massive 8 disc bag. I'd like a little more variety in my fairways. Probably a beefier Viper and my old beat one, and one of my medium Z XLs, and my not really beat X XL.

I'm surprised there's nothing to kick out the XLs for you. I just found out they are OOP now!

Good round! I just ordered an Upper Park Shift bag - I'm hoping it allows me flexibility to play like you. Plus or minus discs at will. I think I'd be able to handle a minimum of 8 discs and a max of 16 with just one bag. Maybe food for thought?

I still can't wait to get back to my parents house and find my Vipers.

I'm surprised there's nothing to kick out the XLs for you. I just found out they are OOP now!

Good round! I just ordered an Upper Park Shift bag - I'm hoping it allows me flexibility to play like you. Plus or minus discs at will. I think I'd be able to handle a minimum of 8 discs and a max of 16 with just one bag. Maybe food for thought?

I still can't wait to get back to my parents house and find my Vipers.

I have quite a few XLs, so unless they suddenly start going for 100 dollars a peice, I don't think I'll switch. If they do, well, I'll have 700 dollars.

If I were forced to switch for some reason, the JLS is pretty similar.

I just use 3 different bags, that's how I'm flexible lolol

Although right now I'm just carrying them. The Slim Jim holds 8, and Ol' Crunchy holds 12-14 maybe depending on the disc type ratio. I don't know how many my Ranger holds, I haven't used it in years.

I like the Vipers because they're very OS, but actually have some glide and don't just dump. I like DX, and I like the deep rim. And I think my beat Viper is my longest disc. It has absurd glide. Except for rim width all its stats are more typical for a mid range.

I think I need a Sidewinder and a Rattler so I can make a snake bag. I think I'll have trouble finding a Python though...

Yes, yes, another post.

I suppose I've accomplished my goal. I honestly thought it would take longer. Now I can have an 8 disc bag. I feel like doing the same from the blues will take alot longer...

I shot a 0 today, the wind was really going.

The Viper I was using is starting to veer more towards bomber than reliable OS disc. I switched it out for a fresh one. This one is actually my only flat Viper, and has a higher PLH, so we'll see.

I'm using a X and Z XL instead of the ESP. They're a little less and more overstable, respectively.

Also added an Ontario Cobra and a Medium Shield. Woo.

Oh, and the pink Viper. A great disc.

Attachments

• 20180717_182202.jpg
    20180717_182202.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 23
Those are pretty discs. Have you tried one of the champion cobras with the dx stamp from the pro shop?

Yes, I have two of them. They have the plh of my flat Viper but some dome. They're stupid overstable. Sometimes I put one in bigger bags, but it's just a straight utility disc.

Eventually I'll stop making these stupid comments at the start of my posts.

Played the other course in town today. There are two good options, then that stupid new course, and a pitch and putt behind the high school.

Shot a +3. From the blues. I surprised myself. It's harder than my home course. It has longer holes and maybe some tighter lines, with elevation coming into play quite a bit more often. Also some difficult to get to water that I was two feet from going in...

That pink Viper was great. Threw a few with it that I'm sure went over 300 (which is good for me). Same with the X XL, though on different lines. I may have scratched 300 with the Z XL, but it's more for control than going for big distance.

Never threw the beefy Viper.

A lot of my extra strokes came from missing stupid putts. Maybe I should actually practice...

One thing I felt I was missing was a long overstable disc, like my Boatman or Avenger. It's just for one hole on this one course, so it might not really be worth a slot. Not that I have a slot. It's a long downhill shot that cuts right at about 350. The discs I have bagged currently either turn over because of the downhill, or don't make it to the turn before cutting right. Hmmmm...

Those are pretty discs. Have you tried one of the champion cobras with the dx stamp from the pro shop?

Apparently I can't read. I mean, they're both snakes so they're the same disc, right?

No, I haven't tried those Champion Cobras. I can't imagine them being too much different than my King Cobras... even if they are pretty.

Well, I did something silly. Besides posting every day.

I did a Comet only round. Just because, you know, Comets. And now I want to throw them again.

Midranges are definitely the thing that changes the most often for me.

I know, I weenied out of my improvement strategy. But I'm going to be travelling alot the next two months, and then I won't be able to disc golf for nine months, so... yolo?

Anyway. I still want to get better, so Comet only rounds at my home course and the local pitch and putt, but a bigger bag for the doubles, bigger courses, and new courses I go to while travelling. I do want to try Rollin' Ridge before I leave.

Anyway. The bag. Crunch Box. 12 discs. Incomplete sentences.

TC Shield- Putts
Medium Shield- Throws

X Comet- Main mid
Z Glo Comet- It's just a backup really. The X is fresh, so they're very similar.

Bio Suspect- Stable wind resistant mid.
Soft Suspect-More OS, hit and stick mid.

Beat DX Viper-Main distance disc (lol) Does great flex shots when thrown flat. Super glide.
DX Viper- Flat, OS. Utility?

I haven't figured out how I want my XLs. They're all great... But for now.

Yellow Z XL- My beefiest XL. More OS than the beat Viper, good for low line drives in the woods. Does pretty good in the wind.
Salmon Z XL-Has the lowest plh of my Zs. Also has some dome. I haven't really thrown it, I'm hoping it's between my Red Z and my ESP.
Blue X XL- A little beat. Gentle turnover on flat throws, straight on hyzerflips. Good frisbee.

And finally....

TP Boatman- I think I had a post talking it up a page ago, then promptly took it out. Long, HSS, good fade. Good glide but cuts the wind. Definitely longer than my fresh Viper, probably similar length to the beat Viper. Okay, it's probably shorter than that. But reliable and wind resistant. And it has a spooky guy on it. There's one hole I like it on in town, but who knows in other towns?

Let's see how long this lasts...

Well, I was able to get to my parents this weekend and found my Vipers and cobras. Vipers are 177 and 180. Had no idea they were such heavyweights. Doubt I have the arm to get your distance with them. I had a couple cobras. Dx Ontario and the dx stamp champ, and a gummy feeling king cobra. Don't remember how any of them throw so once the rain stops in Wisconsin I'll maybe have some input on something more than "nice pictures!" I picked up an upper parks shift bag and can easily pull discs to accommodate these guys

Well, I was able to get to my parents this weekend and found my Vipers and cobras. Vipers are 177 and 180. Had no idea they were such heavyweights. Doubt I have the arm to get your distance with them. I had a couple cobras. Dx Ontario and the dx stamp champ, and a gummy feeling king cobra. Don't remember how any of them throw so once the rain stops in Wisconsin I'll maybe have some input on something more than "nice pictures!" I picked up an upper parks shift bag and can easily pull discs to accommodate these guys

Where at in Wisconsin? I'm here for the week, though I probably can't do anything til Saturday.

The only reason I can get distance with that Viper is it's super beat. I'm pretty sure it's 175+, though I've probably knocked off a few grams. I'd let you throw it just for giggles.

I'd put up another picture but I don't want to walk to my car. It's alot warmer here than in the UP...

I'm in the Green Bay Area. Wouldn't recommend the area for courses but right outside of here are supposedly good courses in Appleton but I've never been. I'll keep my 177 in the bag for utility until it beats in some. I don't have a fh game (or backhand for that matter) so it'll probably take a bit to beat in

I'm in the Green Bay Area. Wouldn't recommend the area for courses but right outside of here are supposedly good courses in Appleton but I've never been. I'll keep my 177 in the bag for utility until it beats in some. I don't have a fh game (or backhand for that matter) so it'll probably take a bit to beat in

Isn't Rollin Ridge like, 30 miles south of Green Bay?

I'm over by Tomah, but I don't know how long I'm here now. There's a place in the next town over with two courses on the property and they both are rated 4+. I think. Hopefully I'll have time to check them out.

I haven't posted here in 5 days. I can't handle it.

Also haven't played in five days.

I've been thinking about ways to change my bag, since I'm bored. Mostly about paring it down to fit in my Slim Jim, because I can.

So for now, it has the three XLs from the previous post, a beefy Viper, a Suspect, a Comet, and a Shield or two. I think it'll be better than just carrying two of everything.

Justin Trails? I've been wanting to play there for a while!

Justin Trails? I've been wanting to play there for a while!

I think I'm going to stop by there Monday morning. I'm looking forward to it.

I ordered a Protege Ghost and my first thoughts were about you pulling it from your bag. Why'd you switch away from it?

This time the main reason was I lost my beat up one and don't really have another to fill that slot. They're very nice discs, although I've never thrown a Protege. They didn't exist when I bought all of my Ghosts. Also, I have to change my bag every few days or I'll have nothing to post about.

I'm a sad buiscut today, I lost two XLs.

So I was on my way back from Wisconsin. I didn't play Justin Trails because I didn't have any cash, so I decided to play The Tailings on the way home. It's a great course. Good distance, interesting holes, interesting location. It's by/on an old iron mine. Fairways are even mowed. But the rough.... The rough is a black hole. Even if you don't land it in the two quarry ponds the rough is so thick it's gonna be a bad time. So I lost my blue X and salmon Z. Found a beat Flick (no number), which flew funny, but lost that on the second throw. Then I got grumpy and gave up.

Being a third down on my XLs made me think about switching. I'm gonna be gone for a year after September, who knows if they'll be easy to find next year?

There are a few similar discs I've wanted to try but never did because XLs are great. Like the JLS.

I'll probably just try my Eagles again.

*insert Streets pouring one out meme*

Last edited:
RIP Buiscutboy's XLs:

giphy.gif

So I went and chucked a few of my previous discs in a field. Eagles, a Gazelle, a Panther, and a Champ Viking.

Results:

1: Gazelle was too beat. Super flippy.

2: Panther flew like it's numbers on a strong throw, powered down it was beefy. I need the bead.

3. I remember the Viking being kinda bricky. It still is. Unless I throw it max power, then it has a nice small turn and gentle fade. So I'm just barely scratching the power needed to throw it, I guess.

4. Eagles get more than one category.

4a: I should have brought all of my Eagles. I have two white DX, an orange DX, and a Champ. I only brought the whites. The whites are exactly the same. Color, stamp, wear. Also I only brought them. They're probably around a -1.5/2? I don't know, I'm too used to XLs, I don't have these dialed in. The orange is fresher I think. The champ is a major beefcake.

4b. As previously stated, I don't have these dialed in. Only brought the whites. They'll flip up on a hyzer. Sometimes. I kept thinking one was flippier than the other, but when I threw again it was switched around. So either can hold a big hyzer bomb or turn over to the ground. Confusing. Needs work.

Anyway. More testing tomorrow. I know I have a River and a Thief, and Leopards. Maybe more, I'll have to actually look.

Latest posts