• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Added my Polecat back in~

It can do eeeeverything. EEEEVERYTHING.
165g R-Pro, probably like, 4/10.

And since 4 is the limit on what I'll carry without a bag, and I need more than 5 discs in my Slim Jim for it to stand up, I also added an EZE Mercy, my ESP XL, and the Wasp. Although the Wasp is just filler, I've been using the Banshee on all of it's shots.

I can't decide between my Zero and EZE Mercy. The Zero is more HSS, even though it's very beat up, but in this heat it sticks to my fingers on putts. The EZE is flippier, but doesn't stick as much. So I guess I'm using both~

I want a Hard Mercy.

discsforevar_zpsa5f866c2.jpg

I got a King Cobra. It's shiny and new.

I need to do some work with my midranges. On the regular Cobra, I was either underpowering it, and getting no turn, or overpowering it, and turn/burn. And on the King Cobra, it was either flying like a regular Cobra, or a Wasp. Darn OAT. I'm so inconsistent c:

This should be my bag for a while, unless I add an overstable putter. There were a few shots today where the Mercy just wasn't up to it. Head windy/ very far right. And the Banshee would have over shot them.

I'll do a full write up later, when my information is more complete~

Just finished field working with my Cobra and King Cobra.

I figured out the appropriate amount of power to put into my Cobra. I think. We'll see next time I play.

The King Cobra. It's nice. Not quiiiiiite as stable as I thought it would be. Although it's definitely more stable than a fresh DX Cobra, by a decent amount. I don't think I'd give it 0 turn rating though. On a big hyzer, it holds the line very well. If you give it a slight hyzer, it'll flip up, but not for too long. Full power flat, it'll turn a little. 80% power flat, it was super straight, then fading by a okay amount. Like it's numbers say. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting, except for the glide. I was impressed by the glide, it was just as good as my worn DX Cobra.

I do think I'll need an overstable putter based on what I saw tonight. Premi Jokeri, you're next on the list.

Oh, and....

DO NOT OAT THE KING COBRA, IT WILL MAGICALLY FLY INTO THE NEAREST BLACKBERRY PATCH. Seriously, every time I torqued it badly, or was extra oaty, it managed to find a patch of thorny plants and/or possibly poisonous plants. They're around the field I was in.

Don't think there's blackberries where you're playing? It'll probably land on top of a cactus. Or in a bear cave.

Cobras are nice.

I use to throw them before I got into comets.

I had 2 Flat Top DX ones and I have a Flat Top Champion Cobra. Man those discs were sweet.

Are they Classics or Ontarios?

The new King Cobras are Ontarios, they even have the tooling. But people complain about them because there's a little dome.

Actually I think all the Champions are Ontarios. But I'm not sure on that.

They started with the Classic Cobra, which I think was just called the Cobra then :p It had a Stingray top, and a new beaded bottom. Then, Innova decided there was a hole in their midrange lineup, between the Roc and whatever was less stable, Panther maybe? They didn't have 500 midranges then, more like 5 :p So instead of making a new disc, they just changed the top on the Cobra to something to make it more stable. That's the Ontario Cobra. And a few years ago, they decided to change back to the old mold on the Cobra, for no apparent reason. They're Innova, whatever. So the current DXs are Classics, and the King Cobras are Ontarios.

I think I got it right.

And I doubt you wanted to read all that :p

That's a nice bag you have, and for what it's worth, I think you would like the jokeri or even a dga breaker. And nice read on the cobras. My son loves his and its a straight turnover disc. your champ king cobra intrigues me.

The regular Cobra is what I wanted the Panther to be. It's hyzer flippable, but still has enough LSS to come out of it. If I want it to.

And I have to say, the Champ blend the King Cobra is in feels really nice to me. Especially when it gets warm. I might even like it more than my old opaquey Banshee. It's not the Jolly Launcher though.

The regular Cobra is what I wanted the Panther to be. It's hyzer flippable, but still has enough LSS to come out of it. If I want it to.

And I have to say, the Champ blend the King Cobra is in feels really nice to me. Especially when it gets warm. I might even like it more than my old opaquey Banshee. It's not the Jolly Launcher though.

I felt one of those new King Cobras and they are nice in the hand.

I almost bought a Super Stingray and a King Cobra when they first came out,but I was throwing Wasp's and Comets at the time.

I think the Super Stingray is the Stingray bottom, plus the Ontario Cobra top. So a Stingray-X. Like the Ontario/King Cobra is a Cobra-X.

You're throwing Wasps and Comets right now :p I find that the King Cobra flies like seasoned Wasp. Maybe. I never got around to seasoning my Wasp. Or maybe a seasoned Roc. Which is probably the same thing :p

It'd probably fit right between your Comets and Wasps, if the Wasps are in good shape. And it's got that nice big bead :thmbup:

I think the Super Stingray is the Stingray bottom, plus the Ontario Cobra top. So a Stingray-X. Like the Ontario/King Cobra is a Cobra-X.

You're throwing Wasps and Comets right now :p I find that the King Cobra flies like seasoned Wasp. Maybe. I never got around to seasoning my Wasp. Or maybe a seasoned Roc. Which is probably the same thing :p

It'd probably fit right between your Comets and Wasps, if the Wasps are in good shape. And it's got that nice big bead :thmbup:

The Wasp does have that nice big bead. Discraft's Z plastic takes forever to wear in so it will be pretty stable for quite some time.

I was throwing buzzz's for that inbetween,but I was having problems with them going too straight with no fade or the opposite. I am working on a different style of throwing catered around my comets so that could be the reason why.

I'll think about that King Cobra as it does feel pretty good in the hand. :thmbup:

The Wasp does have that nice big bead. Discraft's Z plastic takes forever to wear in so it will be pretty stable for quite some time.

I was throwing buzzz's for that inbetween,but I was having problems with them going too straight with no fade or the opposite. I am working on a different style of throwing catered around my comets so that could be the reason why.

I'll think about that King Cobra as it does feel pretty good in the hand. :thmbup:

Haha, Super Cobra :p Sneaky sneaky, changing your post.

It's too bad they don't make X Wasps anymore, I probably wouldn't have switched off Wasps if they did.

Last edited:
Yuck, played like awful today at doubles. We still got tied for second place, but my partner was way better than me. I couldn't stop oating/flipping everything, I actually oated one of my drives so badly that I threw my first good looking roller. Too bad it ran into some roots.

And my DX Cobra is in the water :c

Field work here I come.

Haha, Super Cobra :p Sneaky sneaky, changing your post.

It's too bad they don't make X Wasps anymore, I probably wouldn't have switched off Wasps if they did.

Yeah I goofed on that post. :p

Man i would love to have an X Wasp. That would be sweet.

Yuck, played like awful today at doubles. We still got tied for second place, but my partner was way better than me. I couldn't stop oating/flipping everything, I actually oated one of my drives so badly that I threw my first good looking roller. Too bad it ran into some roots.

And my DX Cobra is in the water :c

Field work here I come.

That happened to me last sunday during doubles. I didn't sleep good and didn't get enough to eat so my drives were weak and my putting was just awful.

We lucked up and came in 2nd place too. I did luck up and hit a 55ft putt that day and got shot of the day. :D

That stinks about your cobra.

So. Did some field work with my drivers, brought out my four XLs and my Banshee.

Was throwing them alot better than I did yesterday. The Z and D ones were going super straight on pretty low lines, then fading, it was nice. They were flying really close to the same. (the D has a high PLH) The ESP was a little turnier. I don't know about the X. When I throw it flat, it turns by a pretty good amount, but when I try to hyzer flip it, it holds the hyzer line. Needs work.

I think my longest shot was actually with my Banshee on a big ol' flex shot. It was pretty crazy. Tried to throw an overhand with it, straight up, straight down, roller. Not what I was going for, I need someone to teach me that one.

And then I lost my Pro D XL. Torqued it bad, flew way off to the left in some deep weeds and such. Looked for it for like, a half hour. I need to find a better field, I think I've almost outgrown this one, actually.

I know it's just a disc in the cheap plastic, and I really haven't used it much. But it's kind of depressing to be losing discs all the time. :(

I've been thinking about getting a Rhyno. I know I should stop switching putters, but I have a few reasons.

1: I like the thumbtrac, I have a Birdie I found on a course one day.
2: I like that it's low profile.
3: I heard that the DXs and Pro/R-Pros aren't really overstable on drives, just nice and straight with a small fade. Sounds good to me.
4:I could use a Champion Rhyno as my OS putter

This thinking started after doubles last Wednesday, at the practice basket. Our group was done first, so we were throwing some in. Every single time I putted with the Banshee, it went in. Even made a nice 40 footer :thmbup: It could have just been dumb luck I suppose. But it made me want to try an overstable putter. And I hear they beat into sweet super straight putters, if I don't like the overstable-ness.

So, played doubles today. I thought I did pretty well, even if my partner and I came in last. It's not hard to be last out of 3 duos :p

My drives were kinda terrible at the end. Need to work on those. I wasn't flipping my King Cobra all the time, which was nice. Made some nice drives with the Polecat, and some really nice long putts with the Eze Mercy. Never threw the Strawberry though.

And... I missed my DX Cobra a few times, I'm going to get a new one tomorrow. Along with a DX Rhyno. I know I was making some sweet long putts with the Mercy, but my in the circle putts weren't any better than normal. And those long putts were of the "put it off to the right and let it fade in" variety. So the Rhyno would be even better at that, right? :p

I might be making up excuses to get a Rhyno :p But if I don't like it, I can always go back to the Mercy.

Latest posts