• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

So, played doubles today. I thought I did pretty well, even if my partner and I came in last. It's not hard to be last out of 3 duos :p

My drives were kinda terrible at the end. Need to work on those. I wasn't flipping my King Cobra all the time, which was nice. Made some nice drives with the Polecat, and some really nice long putts with the Eze Mercy. Never threw the Strawberry though.

And... I missed my DX Cobra a few times, I'm going to get a new one tomorrow. Along with a DX Rhyno. I know I was making some sweet long putts with the Mercy, but my in the circle putts weren't any better than normal. And those long putts were of the "put it off to the right and let it fade in" variety. So the Rhyno would be even better at that, right? :p

I might be making up excuses to get a Rhyno :p But if I don't like it, I can always go back to the Mercy.

Rhyno's are great at putting and driving.

The Champion ones are best for driving as they are the most overstable. Throw it flat for a good straight shot with hard fade. Throw it with Hyzer for that big hyzer shot.

The R-Pro is like my Pro Line's in a way. They go really straight on drives with a small fade and they are best for putting duties. They stick real good to the chains.

Never tried a Mercy,but really like the feel of it. Actually i like the feel of all of Latitudes putters. :D

The Mercy is pretty much just an Aviar. Although I think it's a little beefier. Just not big bead beefy. I'm still waiting for Zero Hard, RGL, GL, and/or Opto though. Maybe I won't be waiting after I get the Rhyno in the morning :p

The Mercy is pretty much just an Aviar. Although I think it's a little beefier. Just not big bead beefy. I'm still waiting for Zero Hard, RGL, GL, and/or Opto though. Maybe I won't be waiting after I get the Rhyno in the morning :p

:hfive::D

Blah. The only DX Rhyno they had was a 168, and it seemed kinda flippy on the course. Like, hyzer flippable. I tuned it, and threw it a few times in the backyard, and it seemed better, but we'll see when I get somewhere with more room. Also ordered a 175 DX. The 175 is red, so it's gotta be overstable, right? :p

The DX Cobra flies like my last two. Exciting, huh?

The Rhyno and Cobra are twinsies, both yellow with red stamps~

If anyone wants to send me a Champ Rhyno for free, I'm okay with that. Just saying :p

Blah. The only DX Rhyno they had was a 168, and it seemed kinda flippy on the course. Like, hyzer flippable. I tuned it, and threw it a few times in the backyard, and it seemed better, but we'll see when I get somewhere with more room. Also ordered a 175 DX. The 175 is red, so it's gotta be overstable, right? :p

The DX Cobra flies like my last two. Exciting, huh?

The Rhyno and Cobra are twinsies, both yellow with red stamps~

If anyone wants to send me a Champ Rhyno for free, I'm okay with that. Just saying :p

lol.

I'm not giving up my Champion Rhyno. I have one of those really old gummy ones that are hard to find. :D It's in the collectors box.

Oh yeah Red is for sure more overstable. Most of my discs are either Red or Orange. I like the more overstable colors. :hfive:

Hm, I only have one orange disc in my bag. So it's not OAT, I just have flippy colors ! :p

There was a not old Champ Rhyno at the store. The plastic was nice, but it was dark purple and a little domey. Everything seems domey these days. And I was out of money too >.> They need a restock on Rhynos, there was only one of each current plastic.

Hm, I only have one orange disc in my bag. So it's not OAT, I just have flippy colors ! :p

There was a not old Champ Rhyno at the store. The plastic was nice, but it was dark purple and a little domey. Everything seems domey these days. And I was out of money too >.> They need a restock on Rhynos, there was only one of each current plastic.

My friend champion Ryhno is a bit domier than I would like. He seems to like it more. I like my Rhyno's flat as a pancake though.

I would ask them next time you are there to see if they can do a restock.

So, I just got my red 175 Rhyno in the mail. It's definitely flatter than my other one. I threw it a few times in the front yard, it's somewhat more OS than my yellow was when it was new. Definitely more HSS. But I think I'll have to get a Champion one if I really want a serious hook at the end.

The numbers on a Rhyno are 2,1,0,3, but I think I'd give the DX Rhyno a 2,2,0,2. It's still nice though. I think. We'll see at doubles tonight.

Made one dollar at doubles tonight :p

10 dollars to get in, got an 11 dollar CTP. It's the first time I've gone home with more money, so it's pretty exciting :p

Only threw the new Rhyno once, but it did exactly what I wanted it to, so no complaints. Never threw my ESP XL, I'm thinking about taking it out. I don't really feel like I need something between my Z and X. Maybe I'll put a DX Banshee in there and beat it up, there's a pretty big gap between my Z XL and Champ Banshee. Or maybe I just need to work on my drives more, my X XL was all over the place. My putts were pretty solid though.

I've decided I don't need an overstable midrange. Although I wasn't really thinking about putting one back in. The 18th hole is like, 200ft, and I parked it with my 168 Rhyno before the round, and with my Banshee during the round.

Gotta get that DX Banshee. I've found I like DX and Champ the most. Pro is pretty good, but Star/ESP is pretty eh. I haven't found it to be all that grippy or durable. Just expensive :p

Alright, time for a big write up. With pictures, of course~

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 and a few months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right
Throwing Style: Almost all drives are forehand, approaches are about 50/50, putting is backhand. Can you even putt forehand?
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Rhyno: 200 and under
Cobra: 200 to 250+
XL: 250 to probably 280, although I'm sure I've gotten 300 with them before.

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None that I can think of
Other sport proficiencies?: I played ultimate for a little while, but all I could do was run fast and catch, I couldn't throw for beans.
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I like how I don't have trouble choosing a disc for a shot. Usually.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Anything missing?
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term.

DRIVERS:
drivebag33_zps4fb8adee.jpg

168 Elite X XL (6/10): Understable driver. It likes to turn, almost always ends to the left. For understable types of shots. If I could figure out how to hyzerflip it, it'd probably go really far. But I can't seem to hyzerflip drivers. Need to work on that. Also use it on the rare backhand drive.

168 Elite Z XL (8/10): Probably would be the go-to driver. Really straight, with some fade at the end. Nothing too crazy though.

168 DX Banshee (10/10) Haven't actually thrown it yet, but I'm hoping it'll be/wear into something that'll get out a little farther than my Champion Banshee, and still be good on flex shots. My XLs don't like to flex, unless I get them really high up. Also want a good wind driver, my Champion Banshee still fades out fast in the wind. We'll see.

171 Champion Banshee (6/10) A utility disc, pretty much. For tricky things. I'm starting to see a smidge of turn, but if you blink you'd probably miss the turning portion of the flight. Still fades hard. Also use it on some long approaches (200ish) I know I could throw my Rhyno there, but the Banshee is just so darn predictable, and I don't have to throw it as hard as my Rhyno to get it there. Super rangeable, don't have to worry about OAT too much (although I should), probably my favorite disc in the bag. Also one of my oldest discs, I'd probably cry if I lost it.

MIDRANGES:
midbag33_zps4018137b.jpg

I know, I only have two. But I can power up the Rhyno, or power down the Banshee for that overstable spot.

175 DX Cobra (7/10) Sorta understable. Definatley can hold a turnover all the way to the ground, if I need it to. Will fade out of a hyzerflip, but goes really far on a hyzerflip.

180 Champion King Cobra (8/10) Reliable, stable midrange. Can hold hyzer lines well. If I don't over throw/oat it on a flat throw, it goes straight with a decent fade it the end. Really nice.

PUTTERS:

puttbag33_zpsb67e8163.jpg

168 Yellow DX Rhyno (7/10) Putting putter. When I got this, it was the only one left at the store. It flies like it was already beaten up, which I'm kinda glad about. A fresh one would be too much for me to putt with.

175 Red DX Rhyno (8/10) Approaching/short drives. Flies like a Rhyno is supposed to, at least from the flight numbers. Super high speed stable, strong fade if it doesn't hit the ground first. Low glide, you know. When it beats up, I'll get a fresh one and putt with this one.

160 R-Pro Polecat (?/10) I'm not sure what to call the condition on this, but I'm sure it's pretty bad. Anyway. Approaching/short drives. Floaty, glidey, touchy, a little understable from the wear. Pretty much the opposite of a Rhyno. Hits and sticks very well. Also one of my oldest discs.

And that's it. I can't add any more discs, because my bag is out of room, and I don't want to take any of my discs out :p And I'm sticking with these discs (although I'll replace one if I lose one) until I can reliably hit 330 with one of my discs. I'm assuming it'll be an XL, but I'll take that distance from any of them :p

Last edited:
Looks good man. Next time I see you at dubs, hit me up.
I might have something for ya!

Are you going to Mathews tonite? I'm going to try to make it, but not sure yet...

Nah, I can't make it. No car. And no ten dollars :p And I wanted to try out my new Banshee, bummer.

Oh well~ Those weeds at Matthews aren't nice.

I've decided I'm going to try to drive backhand more often. Like, 25% of my drives, instead of backhanding just that one short hole that's more of an approach shot.

There's a few holes around here where throwing forehand is just asking for trouble. Like 9 at Herman Michael. You pretty much have to throw a backhand flex shot, or you aren't getting to the basket. Either a flex shot, or a disc that turns a bit and fades out.

Darn tunnels. Making me throw differently.

Oh well :p Still haven't thrown my Banshee.

I backhand at least 90% of my shots.

I never was good at forehand so I learned to Hyzerflip and to get really good at throwing anhyzer.

Some holes I wish I had a forehand for,but parking it with an Anyhyzer or Hyzerflip makes it all so sweeter. :thmbup:

Well if I learn backhand now, I don't have to go back and relearn form, because I already know how to throw like that. Well. I got the concepts and such down. I just need to do it :p

I'd be happy just parking the hole, I don't care how it gets to the basket :p

Hmmm... Threw my new Banshee today. Wasn't quite as stable as I thought it would be. It might be less stable than my Champion one, and that's been beaten in for a year. That's technically what I was going for, I just didn't expect it to start out that way. What's weird is when I compared it to my old one, the top of the new DX one's wing seemed more rounded, like an Eagle, than the square of my Champion's wing. Have they changed the Banshee mold recently? My champ is pretty old.

It flew nice though. And it is alot easier to get out there than my champion, with that nice fade. Maybe a touch of turn. I seem to have bad luck with getting overstable discs in DX.

I played alright the front nine, parred everything except one birdie, but did awful on the back. Maybe I got too hot. Maybe I need to drink more water. I dunno.

Hmmm... Threw my new Banshee today. Wasn't quite as stable as I thought it would be. It might be less stable than my Champion one, and that's been beaten in for a year. That's technically what I was going for, I just didn't expect it to start out that way. What's weird is when I compared it to my old one, the top of the new DX one's wing seemed more rounded, like an Eagle, than the square of my Champion's wing. Have they changed the Banshee mold recently? My champ is pretty old.

It flew nice though. And it is alot easier to get out there than my champion, with that nice fade. Maybe a touch of turn. I seem to have bad luck with getting overstable discs in DX.

I played alright the front nine, parred everything except one birdie, but did awful on the back. Maybe I got too hot. Maybe I need to drink more water. I dunno.

Not sure about the Banshee. The ones I threw back in the day had an edge like a firebird.

Water,Food and rest come in handy and can help refocus your game.

If your feeling a bit off on your game don't hesitate to take a break and have a small snack and some water. It pays in the end.

I usually carry 4 bottles of water and a ton of snacks in my bag. :thmbup:

That's what my old champ looks like. I'll have to look at the new champs next time I get to the store.

Now I just need a bag with room for that stuff :p I usually carry water. Or some type of beverage, like gatorade. Sometimes. That costs money >.>