• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Had a good time at doubles tonight. Threw a -10, mostly because of my partner, MrFixIt. He almost aced a few times. Got a CTP, so I went home with 3 extra dollars. And CTPs are much nicer when you steal them from your dad :p He also gave me a swirly gray Classic Judge to try. I dunno if it'll work it's way between my Rhynos and Polecat, but I'll give it a toss. The plastic feels nice, but it's super stiff.

Not really anything different with the bag. Had a Panther as my mid today, because I'm waiting on those Excel Ghosts. Got two coming, yellow 180 and 178. I did not too terribly with it. But definitely not great.

Yellow is an icky color.

^I just read what your dad posted, I almost fell out of my chair laughing!
It wasn't all me Lucas, you were hitting shots when I missed.
If you don't find a spot for that Judge, you can always trade it!

Just have to say, I'm really liking the Ghost. Good enough HSS, with a strong finish. I'm not sure why people say the Excels are flippy. Maybe they're throwing them harder than me :p

I'm focusing on using just one, so it beats in faster.

Had fun at doubles tonight. Played some solid disc golf, shot an 8 down. Got second place, after a playoff.

Really liking the Ghosts. I think I finally found my midrange. But I've said that about alot of midranges :p Did exactly what I wanted it to almost every time I threw it. I threw it badly a few times, but that was my fault. Or maybe the tree's fault. But they're really nice.

Alright, bag update time~ Just for giggles.

Lost my favorite Banshee, got a new one. It's nice... It's just not the same :( But it is crazy opaque-y/soft/grippy. (for Champion at least) Also saw some Pinnacle Ghosts at the store. I almost didn't get the Banshee :p But I just don't feel right playing without one. And it's a good thing I got it, it was super windy today. (It's not windy that often here) Hope the Ghosts are still there next week.

Anyway.

(RHFH)

Champion Banshee, 175, 9/10: Super headwinds, flexy shots, shots that end really far to the right, tricky things, you know. Utility stuff. Also for super accurate placements that my Rhynos can't reach. Yaaay low glide.

DX Eagle, 170, 8/10: It's got some marks, but it's not really been used much. Hasn't lost any stability. It's actually pretty close to the Banshee in overstability at my power level. It just goes farther because it's glidier, and the fade isn't quite as dumpy. Also, holds an anhyzer longer than the Banshee. So, longer shots with a strong right.

(I'm pretty much just waiting for my other one to get beat before I start beating it more.)

DX Eagle, 170, 6/10: This one has lost some stability. It'll turn some when thrown flat, unlike the fresher one. (although for some reason, I tend to wrist roll when trying to throw flat) Not quite hyzer flippable yet. But glidey, and usually ends right. Might be my main driver after a few more hits.

X XL, 168, 5/10: Probably the driver I throw the most often, just because it's easy to hyzer flip it pretty far. Understable. Left finishing shots, really far (for me) hyzer flip shots, maybe tailwinds. Oh, and accidental rollers :p

Excel Ghost, 180, 8/10: It'll flip to flat off about a 5 degree hyzer, then fade big at the end. Focusing on the other one right now.

Excel Ghost, 177, 7/10: It seems to be losing it's HSS first, which I'm okay with. It's like a beefy Cobra right now. It'll flip up off of some hyzer, and hold that line, or if I throw with less hyzer, or give it more juice, it'll go left some before fading out. Fun, and my main midrange right now.

DX Stingray, 165, ?/10, It's like, 5 year old's first disc beat. : Okay, so my backhand is super weak. But sometimes, you just gotta throw a backhand. That's what it's here for. Even my sorta beat Ghost flies overstable backhand. But this thing can go so straight, or track slowly right, or even do big hyzers (longer hyzer lines than my ghost) and stuff, it's pretty useful. It's less stable than my Polecat, and comes out when I don't think the Polecat is going to go far enough/turn far enough.

DX Rhyno, 175, 6/10: Short OS shots, short controlled drives, that sort of thing. It's still going strong, even at 6/10. I thought it would be un-OS enough for putting by now, but I still gotta beat it more.

DX Rhyno, 168, 6/10: Putting, short OS backhand approaches, weird stuff. A freak Rhyno. Didn't start out overstable. I think it might be a Cobra in disguise. It seriously flies like one off the tee. Hyzerflip city. But the un-OS ness works well for putting. I really like the Thumbtrac, and low profile-ness. Comfy. Might even have a touch of glide. But just a touch. Like, 1.5.

R-Pro Polecat, 160, ?/10: Sticky approaches, floaty shots, some short drives. It's still pretty stable, even at ?/10 condition. Might turn a little sometimes. But it's floaty, lands gently, doesn't fade much... Pretty much the opposite of a Rhyno. Super controllable, one of those "holds any line" discs.

And that's it~ All in a shiny new Crunch Box.

New bag looks good man.

I changed my bag up a bit. This one I'll be working with from now on. The only changes I will make is If I need a new one of what I already got. :thmbup:

New bag?
Looks like I'll miss dubs again tonite...:(

I'm missing it too, Matthews has eaten too many of my discs. I think next monday is the last one at the Herm, at least last week monday someone said there would be two more. I don't remember who said that though.

New bag looks good man.

I changed my bag up a bit. This one I'll be working with from now on. The only changes I will make is If I need a new one of what I already got. :thmbup:

So, does "from now on" mean for next week? :p Looks solid.

So, does "from now on" mean for next week? :p Looks solid.

lol. Naw man I've been doing a lot of experimenting this summer and this bag is it. I'm really starting to dig what I have in the bag. I took stuff out,put new stuff in,took stuff out,put old stuff back in. Yeah it was a rotating door for months.

I have really learned out to use my Comets very successfully. I can bend a Comet to my will now. All 4 of my Comets completely kicked my Buzzz's out of the bag. I will no longer need them.

My Rivers and Saints are getting that way too. I'm starting to dig them more and more.

My updates for my bag will probably be me talking about how I played that day and such. :thmbup:

I've decided to learn backhand. So I'm only going to throw mids and putters for a month, only backhand. Except in emergencies. Also going to pick up a Comet :p

So this'll be my bag, after doubles tomorrow night. I'm not going to mix things up before the last doubles of the year :p At least, I think it is.

177 Excel Ghost

Overstable driver. I wanna beat it into understable. Also, I have a backup.

170ish X Comet (still gotta get this)

Main driver, it'll probably be straight with a medium fade for me, that's how weak my backhand is :p

165 DX Stingray

Understable driver, and hyzerflips.

And my Polecat, and both Rhynos. But you can read about those earlier in the thread. They'll be doing the same things.

Oh, and the max weight Rhyno is more OS than the Ghost.

Didn't get a Comet. The Stingray is doing straight shots well enough. But I did get an Avenger SS in a trade, that's super nice feeling. Threw it forehand a few times today ( I know, I cheated :p) And it was going pretty far at not full power, at least as far as my better throws with my fairways. I didn't throw it full out, I didn't know what it was going to do, or want to hit anything on the first day, or get it in the road. But it glided nicely, wasn't too under or over stable (which is a first for me in a distance driver) and feels totally nicey.

Sorry MrFixIt, you aren't getting it back :p

It's getting shelved though, until my backhand mid month is up though. Or if I go to a doubles thing~

Got a +16 on the course on Saturday, got a +4 today. I'd say I'm getting a little better, and it wasn't just because I forehand drove the Avenger SS on four holes. I got the same scores as the previous round on all four of them, except one that I parred instead of triple bogeying :p

This way I don't have to spend money :p

I might borrow one of my dad's Comets next time I go, sometimes the Stingray turns too much, and that Ghost is still too beefy.

Hit a 90 foot putt with the red Rhyno. That was the highlight of my day :p

Also shot a +2. That was pretty nice. I would have been under par if like, a third of my putts had been 1-2 inches higher though. Getting better at this kooky backhand nonsense.

I'm not throwing the Comet well, I'm getting it nose up, and it stalls out and fades early. I suppose it's doing it's bad form showing job, but it's still lame >.>

I haven't bought a disc in too long, gotta order a few things when the month is up. Like a Flat Top Rhyno, an Excel Ghost, and an X Avenger. In a little while.

Sorry MrFixIt, you aren't getting it back :p

It's getting shelved though, until my backhand mid month is up though. Or if I go to a doubles thing~

It's yours all the way. Don't let it sit too long though, Avengers get angry when not thrown;)

I haven't bought a disc in too long, gotta order a few things when the month is up. Like a Flat Top Rhyno, an Excel Ghost, and an X Avenger. In a little while.

See me about a Rhyno...:D

Is it a DX Rhyno? I like them so I can get another putter beat up and ready.

Well, I was thinking about getting one, I just don't know if I have anything good to trade :p

Latest posts