• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Not really an update, but I made an about 175 foot shot during a round with my Viper a few days ago. It was windy, and open, and uphill, so I figured I'd just approach with the Viper. And it went in.

I was pretty surprised. I was even more surprised it stayed in. Only birdie of the day :p

Only using four discs a round is going pretty well, still. Got some extras/different plastics of my discs though, so.

Here's my Viper/Leopard/Ghost/Magnet pile, just grab one of each and go :thmbup:

1205131455_zps5f9776b0.jpg

Also. Tested the new Pro Leopards and Gravity Ghost.

Ghost is nice and stable. Seems a little more HSS than my Excels when they were fresh, but the LSS is a bit less. So, I'd say the Gravity is more of a Teebird flight, and the Excels were more Eagle-X. Of course, I've only thrown the Gravity like, 10 times :p

The Pros are a bit more stable than I thought they'd be. I'm gonna have trouble choosing between the DX and Pro when I play, the Pro is a nice stable driver, but the DX is super useful on my home course.

The Pros are a bit more stable than I thought they'd be. I'm gonna have trouble choosing between the DX and Pro when I play, the Pro is a nice stable driver, but the DX is super useful on my home course.

The Pros I have are definitely more OS than the DX. The DX thrown w/any power drifts right. Not quite as right as the chunked rim DX Shark I have, but to the right. Then again, it's 150. I will probably snag something in the mid 160s DX too and see how it goes. I have 6 Leopards between myself and my 2 girls tho heh.

The Pros I have are definitely more OS than the DX. The DX thrown w/any power drifts right. Not quite as right as the chunked rim DX Shark I have, but to the right. Then again, it's 150. I will probably snag something in the mid 160s DX too and see how it goes. I have 6 Leopards between myself and my 2 girls tho heh.

Yeah, my DX is a 171, and my Pros are 169 and 172. But they're all nice~

I just played a round at my home course, and tied my best score ever there :thmbup: Although -1 might not be too impressive for some people. With 3 new discs. I brought my new Magnet, Gravity Ghost, Pro Leopard, and the old pink Viper. I was missing my DX Leopard on a few shots, but I think the Pro is overall more useful. Very straight, reminds me of my X XL a bit.

Was making some nice putts, green Magnet is money :thmbup: It's a little softer than my pinkyred, but I mostly think I did better with it because I like how it looks :p It's probably silly to be more confident with a different color, but I'll take all the better putting I can get.

Gravity Ghost is money too. I might have to get more.

Yup, it's only a few minutes away, depending on traffic, and we have a year park pass. You should come out some time.

Play out there on a semi-regular basis. Been buying those yearly DG passes (I'm sure mine has lapsed).
Did they ever mow the fairway on 17?

Play out there on a semi-regular basis. Been buying those yearly DG passes (I'm sure mine has lapsed).
Did they ever mow the fairway on 17?
They didn't mow it, but it is a little clearer, from plants dying. It's still not good though. But you have to land in the fairway to get in the weeds, so I'm usually safe :p

Alright, four disc time is over, and I got two new discs for Christmas c: A Pinnacle Ghost, and a Crystal FLX Magnet.

I haven't done the write up thing in a few months, so...

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 2
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right
Throwing Style: Almost all drives are forehand, approaches are about 50/50, putting is backhand. Can you even putt forehand?
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Magnet: 200 and under
Ghost: 200 to 250+
Leopard and Viper: 250 to probably 280, although I've been getting close to a consistent 300. Maybe. I might be hill-assisted on that hole though. I think. I'm getting close.

mybag2014jan_zps888a4514.png

Putters Magnets:

Reddish Soft Magnet, 173, 6/10: Alot of drives and approaches. I'm trying to beat it into a reliable turner, but it's still pretty straight.

Green Soft Magnet, 175, 7/10: Putts. Maybe some approaches sometimes, maybe. But putts. I don't really want to lose it in the plants on drives, when the plants come back. But it just has the perfect feel for me, and it's my favorite color. So putts.

Yellow CFLX Magnet, 176, 9/10: Drives and approaches. I was expecting it to be pretty beefy, because of all the complaints I've read about premium Magnets... But it just flies like a normal Soft Magnet for me. But that's fine, it'll stay straight for alot longer than a Soft. Super workable, like all Magnets.

Ghosts:

Yellow Excel Ghost, 178, 5/10: Turnovers, or powered down straight shots where I don't feel like throwing a Magnet. It's nice.

Orange Gravity Ghost, 179, 7.5/10: Really straight. For... Straight things. I guess.

Peachy Pinnacle Ghost, 177, 9/10: I need to throw it some more. But so far it's got good HSS, and pretty good LSS. So, stable to slightly OS shots. It's crazy stiff too. But pretty.

Drivers:

Yellow DX Leopard, 170, 6/10: Utility Understable, pretty much. Super easy turns, uphills, powered down whatevers that still end up turning, that sort of thing. Oh, and lame backhands. Hyzer flipped (correctly (with no/tail wind)) it's my longest disc. Maybe.

Yellow Pro Leopard, 169, 7/10: It's pretty stable. Probably a -1.5/1.5 in turn/fade. Probably my main driver.

Pink DX Viper, 180, 7/10: It got some turn to it after I accidentally thumber'd it into a road. Still beefy, maybe a -1/4. Super glide. It's the flex shot king. I can get it about as far as a DX Leopard hyzer flip with a flex shot, on a good day. It's just not really utility overstable anymore.

Yellow DX Viper, 180, 9/10: Pretty flat. Beefy. Utility whatever. Even on my hardest throw it doesn't go as far as a Ghost. Maybe even not as far as a Magnet. It's pretty crazy. It just goes really far right (RHFH)

And that's all. I was thinking about a Champ Leo for shots that don't move around much, since they're pretty stable, but, that can wait. I power down a Ghost for OS Putter shots, and power down a Viper for OS mid shots. Maybe the Viper on a putter shot if it's called for.

Little update: Got a used Soft Magnet, it doesn't turn much, but it's less stable than my red, so it's in the bag instead. And it's a four chain, so... It's better, right? It was also 3 dollars, so that makes it better for me.

Added a Champ Leopard, it's very stable. Not over stable, stable. It's nice.

Also, added back my Champ Rhyno, for stuff. Magnets are just too darn glidy and neutral sometimes.

I want to try a VP, and I do like the rubber, but I hear they fly pretty much the same as a Rhyno, so, maybe I'll get one at a birdie bash. I hope there's one in Georgia earlier than April this year.

Got a vp, from backyard testing I really like it. But we'll see.

Also thinking about going back to XLs. Leopards are nice, but... I don't know, I think I'm just more comfortable with the XL. And the champ Leo isn't as stable as I was led to believe. My only problem now is I'm down to two XLs. A beat X (that's magical) and an Esp that I never really liked how it felt. I wish I had thrown this ESP in the lake instead of my Z. Ah well. They're in the bag right now in place of the Leos.

Also have a 164 ESP Flash coming, we'll see how that goes. Probably hilariously.

Last edited:
So, I played a round at my home course. A very puddly round. But it was sunny, 60, and only slightly breezy after the rainstorm this morning.

Shot a -2, beating my old record by a stroke. It was pretty exciting. Also got a metal hit, it wasn't on a particularly hard hole, but whatever.

The VP is awesome. It's in the bag.

I brought back my XLs. I can't really figure out why I switched to Eagles after losing my Z. Oh well. Beat X is magic. I still don't care for the ESP, but I did throw it once.

I don't know about the Flash yet, I only threw it twice. It's a tight wooded kind of course, except for 17, where I screwed up my drive. Maybe next time.

Alright, time for an update. I mean, it's been more than two weeks. That's forever, right?

Not much has changed. I got a new X and Z XL, and they're very nice. Although I miss the Z I tossed in the lake. It was a bit flatter, and pearly/opaqueish. But the new one is fine.

Dang this pic is blurry.

bagmidjan_zps81300b99.png

Drivers:

Yellow Viper: Super OS
Pink Viper: Not super OS anymore. But straight with a pretty big fade and super glide when I'm not oaty. And flex shots.

Pink X XL: Very beat. Maybe... a... 7/5/-2.5/1. Turnovers, and lame backhands, and uphills, and all sorts of things.
Blue X XL: New, 7/5/-1/2. For my arm, at least. It's very nice. The current X runs are sweeeeet.
Pink Z XL: Probably a 7/4/-.5/2. Super controllable, but I can't get it out quite as far as the others. More HSS too.

Mids:

Yellow Excel Ghost: Beat. Turning shots, straight low power shots, I find I'm using it alot on approaches.
Orange Gravity Ghost: Slight turn on drives. Like a midrange slightly worn Eagle X. It's nice.
Peachy Pinnacle Ghost: Straight with a good fade. When I'm not oaty. Crazy stiff though.

Putters:

VP: Lower glide than Magnets, more OS than Magnets. It flies very nicely.
Yellow CFLX Magnet: Very fresh Soft Magnet-like. Flies nice, good glide. Not very crystally though. Drives and shots where I don't want to kill my softs. They fly similarly enough though.

Orange Soft Magnet: Lots of approaches, very controllable. Slightly turnover-y.

Green Soft Magnet: Putts.

Oh, and a Shy Guy mini :p It's important too.

Super Beef.

I got two Champ Vipers. I took out my un-beat yellow DX, and put in a pink Champion. It's pretty crazy. It's got a higher plh than my flat yellow, by a little bit, but it's got more dome. It does have less dome than my non-flat DXs though.

They're super beefy. I tried throwing it OAT-ishly, it looked like I was throwing flat. My sorta beat Viper flexes a bit on those throws. On my flat throws, it looked like I was throwing spike hyzers. I threw them with like, a 45 degree anhyzer, and it fought out faster than anything I've thrown before. Maybe I should get a FAF Firebird and compare. I'm pretty sure I can throw just about anything farther than them. But they're pretty sweet. Bagged a pink, and there's an orange waiting.

1. Is that a Shy-Guy mini in your bag pic?

2. Tell me about the Gravity Ghosts, I just ordered some to test in place of my KC Roc.

1. Is that a Shy-Guy mini in your bag pic?

2. Tell me about the Gravity Ghosts, I just ordered some to test in place of my KC Roc.

1: Yes. Well... It's a Innova Glow Mini that I wiped the stamp off of (badly) and colored on with Sharpies (maybe badly). So yes :p

2: I've only used one Gravity Ghost, but I'll try. It starts out like.. a 4/5/0/2, maybe. For me it did. But I've found that most Ghosts that I've tried have started losing HSS before LSS. It could also be OAT. But I like Cobras, so it's fine.

It beats in slower than Excel, or DX. But probably faster than KC Pro. Also, on the stiffness. Mine is pretty stiff, with good, kinda rubber grip. Like stiff R-Pro. But I've heard that some people got floppy ones. Depends on the run, I suppose.

If you compared a Ghost and a fresh, current Roc, the Ghost would probably start out less overstable. I heard it's based on a 8x Roc. I've never thrown an 8x Roc, as far as I know. I have thrown a circle stamp, but it was right when I started, it was beat, and I don't remember it. But don't expect a Rancho. Maybe. Also, that was the only Roc I've ever thrown.

That may have not been helpful at all. I'd ask Zam or zj, I can't remember who threw Gravities now though. That Disc Nation guy whose screen name starts with a Z. :p

Last edited:
Nice! Love me some Mario

Sweet, kinda good to hear on the Ghosts. Guess if I need a beefy one I'll look to Icon or Pinnacle, but the gravity plastic sounded good so hopefully I end up with some stiff ones.

Like the bag BTW, all of those molds I have tried and enjoyed :thmbup:

Latest posts