• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Nice! Love me some Mario

Sweet, kinda good to hear on the Ghosts. Guess if I need a beefy one I'll look to Icon or Pinnacle, but the gravity plastic sounded good so hopefully I end up with some stiff ones.

Like the bag BTW, all of those molds I have tried and enjoyed :thmbup:

Oh, if you're looking for beef, the Icons are beefier than the Pinnacles. Or so I've heard. Never thrown an Icon, although I want to. Someone was calling the Pinnacle a Comet/Roc baby. So, that means super straight with more fade than a Comet, I suppose.

All the Icons I've felt have been really stiff. Like, KC Pro+Star. It's a different blend than all of their other Icon discs, apparently.

Yeah, Shy Guys are my favorite. Need to get some dyes.

Oh, if you're looking for beef, the Icons are beefier than the Pinnacles. Or so I've heard. Never thrown an Icon, although I want to. Someone was calling the Pinnacle a Comet/Roc baby. So, that means super straight with more fade than a Comet, I suppose.

All the Icons I've felt have been really stiff. Like, KC Pro+Star. It's a different blend than all of their other Icon discs, apparently.

Yeah, Shy Guys are my favorite. Need to get some dyes.

Okay cool! Thanks, really looking forward to my Ghosts getting here. My buddy Ian's been trying the Legacy stuff out and I finally decided to try some.

Shy guy champ vipers!

Okay cool! Thanks, really looking forward to my Ghosts getting here. My buddy Ian's been trying the Legacy stuff out and I finally decided to try some.

Shy guy champ vipers!

My dad has a few Patriots, they seem pretty nice. I haven't really tried them out though, XLs are good for me.

I was thinking on the CFLX Magnet, there's no stamp to wipe :p And how could I wipe my beautiful Vipers? Maybe a Boo on a Ghost too. I'd have to get a white Icon maybe. Don't want to wipe the First Run Pinnacle.

I'd also have to learn to dye :p

My dad has a few Patriots, they seem pretty nice. I haven't really tried them out though, XLs are good for me.

I was thinking on the CFLX Magnet, there's no stamp to wipe :p And how could I wipe my beautiful Vipers? Maybe a Boo on a Ghost too. I'd have to get a white Icon maybe. Don't want to wipe the First Run Pinnacle.

I'd also have to learn to dye :p

Ha, yeah Boo on the Pinnacle or an Icon Ghost would be sweet!

So, I did some field work today. I brought out my X Avenger, Z Avenger SS, one of my dad's Pro D Avenger SS, and an X XL to see if I was actually throwing them farther than my fairways :p I was really liking the X Avenger. Very consistent. Had a small turn, and a pretty good fade, like a long Eagle. But I always knew what it was going to do. It also consistently beat my XL by 20-30 feet when I threw them both well. I assume it will go farther when I get more used to it.

I'm still not clicking with the Z SS. Sometimes it wants to be US, sometimes it pretends it's a Teebird.

The Pro D SS was more consistently US. I had my longest throws with it, but I also had my worst throws. Darn OAT. I assume.

I took out my CFLX Magnet, and put in the regular Avenger. I almost never throw that Magnet anyway. We'll see if I miss it. Darn limited bag space.

So. That Avenger. It was preforming admirably, (although I was having an early release problem occasionally, maybe I'm just not used to the bigger rim) at least until the wind picked up. I wasn't feeling like I was throwing 100%, like, the whole day. But it was still flying nice.

I'm going to blame it's lack of headwind tolerance on the fact that it has a superdome. I did get pin high on a hole I've never reached before. The problem was it turned over in the headwind and was about 100 feet off to the left. Still was one of my longest throws though. Also threw it in a pond. But I rescued it.

I have a Z coming soon, maybe it will handle headwinds better. There isn't strong wind that often here, so I don't get much practice.

So I got the Z Avenger, it's pretty OS. I'm sure it means I'm not getting it up to speed, but it's pretty useful still. Probably would work well in a headwind. It's flying quite a bit like my champ Vipers, actually, but with an extra 50 or so feet tacked on. It also skips alot better than them, I blame their not skippiness on the funky rim shape.

I think I'm going to get another X Avenger, and beat up my current one. I can get good lines out of my current one, but I didn't expect the Z to be so much more OS. I'm almost sure it's not the FAF meathook version kind of Avenger though. For one thing, it's not flat :p

I probably shouldn't be throwing them at all. But I can get my X Avenger out just as far/slightly farther than my beat X XL's max D hyzer flip, but on a more flat/hyzery line. It seems like a useful shot to have. Not to mention the X XL's max D line needs quite a bit of space.

So. I think I'm babbling now. Avengers are neat. That's all.

Alright, time for my first tourney since I came in last in Novice last summer. But hey, it was hot, there was tons of OB, I lost my midrange on the way there, and I had never played the course before. I'm sure I'll do fine in intermediate this time. We're even playing the reds, my super finesse skills are sure to shine.

Lol :p

Anyway.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Two years and some odd months.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right
Throwing Style: Majority of drives are forehand, approaches are about 50/50, putting is backhand.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
VP and Magnets: 225 and under
Ghosts: 250-260 and under. I use my most beat one on alot of approaches.
Vipers: 150 to 275ish
XL: 250 to probably 300
Avenger: 275-325 maybe

There might be alot of distance overlap. But you've gotta play the line, not the distance.

tbag2014_zps7cfd2577.png

Putters:

Green Soft Magnet: Putts. And that's all. Long putts, short putts, bad putts. All putts.

Orange (beat) Soft Magnet: Turning short drives, sorta understable approaches. Super trusty.

Yellow CFLX Magnet: Fresh Magnet types of drives. Mostly straight.

VP: Stable/Overstable drives, beefy approaches, flexy approaches, you know.

Ghosts:

Yellow Excel with regular stamp: Turns, straight approaches. That kind of thing. It's very beat. I use it on alot of approaches, mostly always know what it's going to do.

Orange Gravity: Small turn, but a goodish fade. More drives than the beat one.

Pinnacle: Very straight, with a pretty okay fade. I like it. When I'm not oaty.

Yellow Excel with Skullboy stamp: It actually fades harder than the Pinnacle. It's pretty fresh. I should try an Icon.

Fairways:

Pink X XL: Beat. Turnovers, hyzer flips, goes pretty far on a hyzer flip.

Blue X XL: Not beat. Small turn, more fade than turn (-1/2). Pretty reliable, tight flightpath.

Pink Z XL: Also not beat. Almost no turn, but not too much fade (-.5/2). Great in the woods, reliable.

Pink DX Viper: Pretty beat. Looong flex shots, lower power reasonably OS things. On a bit of hyzer, it flies straight with a strong fade, flat it turns just a bit.

Yellow DX Viper: Very beefy. But not as beefy as the Champion. A good in between.

Pink Champion Viper: Super OS. I can't get it very far. But it's super OS. Utility stuff.

Distance Drivers:

X Avenger: Max D

Z Avenger: Flies quite a bit like the Champ Viper, I can just get it 50 feet farther. Also skips more. Easy to get a good skip out of it. Also for headwinds.

Minis:

Innova Glow Mini that I drew a Shy Guy on
Innova Factory Store Marble Mini

Tough choice....

And that's it. I don't think there are any holes... Maybe. Other than US distance. But I don't think I need that. Wish me luck~

Last edited:
Your bag looks great. I love me some XLs. The Z XL is one of the straightest most reliable fairways in the game.

Nice simple setup. How did the tournament go? I sometimes do way better when I do a three disc round, versus my whole bag. I assume your bag is a similar concept having only four molds..

Nice simple setup. How did the tournament go? I sometimes do way better when I do a three disc round, versus my whole bag. I assume your bag is a similar concept having only four molds..

Not sure, there's six molds there :p

I did okay, didn't get last place. So... I accomplished my goal.

Also beat my dad :p

I have a strange urge to go back to Cobras. Not sure why, I'm doing fine with my Ghosts. I lost all of my Cobras. Although the King Cobra I still have flies like one of my beefier Ghosts.

Also want to try the Thief. And Hatchet. And Mace (not sure why on this one either, my other Roc clone is fine). And Bandit. And Sorcerer. (not that I can throw it)

This year is going to be expensive.

There's probably a Cobra coming this week....

King Cobra\DX Cobra combo is super nice. Birdied a hole I've never birdied before with the DX, laser straight up a hill. The basket is just past the top of the hill, on the down slope on the other side. It was a Cobra/King Cobra/Magnet round. I would have scored well, but I couldn't putt to save my life.

I have noticed that it's not quite as controllable as a Ghost. Just by a bit. It is a speedy little bugger. I like them alot.

I seem to be going back to molds I used to throw. Guess that means they're good :p

Cobra forever

Have an urge to go back to Eagles now >.> But I really like my XLs.

XLs come in sweet Elite X plastic, and don't start out as beefcakes. Especially in Z XL vs. Champ Eagle X. They don't start as beefy, but I can cover those beefier shots with DX Vipers.

Eagle X's start out beefier, but can cover a wider range of shots when cycled. DX isn't quite as nice as Elite X, but I still like it quite a bit. I think I can get them out farther than the XLs too. I'd have to beat some in to get understable slots... But I already have some beat up :p I'd still have to bag a Champ Viper and maybe one DX for very very OS things.

I wouldn't be cutting down on my number of fairways at all (3 Vipers/3 XLs or 2 Vipers/4 Eagles) So.... I don't know.

BUT. The Eagles going farther might overlap with my Avengers too, which would take out 3 discs. Hmmmm..... Tough choices.

Just played a round at Matthews, it's nicely cleared right now :thmbup: We'll see how it is as the season goes on. 60 degrees, a little breezy. Don't be jealous :p

Shot -1 if you go by course par, +2 if you go by "NO, EVERYTHING IS A PAR THREE!!!11!!!!1!!" par. That's pretty good for me.

I was throwing my Eagles pretty well. Sometimes. I keep wrist rolling them, and I know that I'm doing it. I can feel that I'm doing it. But I keep doing it >.> Need to work on that.

I keep underestimating how OS my Champion Viper is. With my DX ones, it goes straight for at least a little while. With the Champ I really have to rip on it to get it to go anywhere. If I don't, it starts fading out of the hand. Maybe I'm not manly enough to throw it yet :p

Didn't throw my Cobras much today, with the breezyness. I did overshoot the one hole I teed off with it on (number 7) and almost landed it in a creek. Thank you thorn bushes. I think.

Was hitting putts pretty well. I think I might be getting better. Maybe.

My Avenger isn't going farther than my Eagles. It's flying the same lines too. I was keeping just my beat X in the bag, because it was my max D disc, but... If it's not going farther, there's not much sense in keeping it in, right?

I have a TP Hatchet on the way to try for noodle arm max distance, maybe some glidey Scandinavian plastic will magically go farther :p

Finally got to throw my Hatchet some at doubles last night. I like it alot. It glides very nicely. It's also very controllable. Just need to work with it a bit more.

Does not like headwinds though. I think I'm gonna get a champ Eagle, for wind and such. It'll probably directly overlap with my sorta beat Viper in calm conditions (or maybe a bit shorter), but my beat Viper is domey, and doesn't like headwinds. My DX Eagles like to turn over in the wind, and my flat DX Viper just ignores the wind, and is still a meathook. I'm just looking for something that won't meathook, but still finish right (rhfh) in not-too-severe headwinds.

And that's all for today.

Alright, time to change my bag again :p Played with my dad's Z Comet last night, liked it alot, so I got one coming home today. I'll pair it with my Wasp I got a while back. The Wasp is a bit light, but it should be fine.

Also going back to XLs. Just because I like them a little more than the Eagles.

There's too many great discs everywhere.

i like to use my champ eagle in the wind. basically what you were saying, not throwing in a severe headwind, but for when i need to trust where it's going and don't want to sacrifice distance by using my blaze. i'm considering using a champ teebird instead though.

Well I played in the wind some more, and my beat Viper held up fine in a pretty strong headwind. I think I oated it the time it turned and burned and made me think it didn't like wind. So I'm back to Vipers and XLs. The champ Eagle was very very beefy.

Played a round with the Comet, Wasp, and two Magnets. I like the Comet. Half of the time it was magic, the other half it was mean to my oats. Like the Wasp too. It's a 168, and seen quite a few trees. But it just barely flips up on full power drives. Very reliable and such. It's pretty beefy, and more forgiving than my King Cobra.