• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

I played a new course with this setup today, Little Mulberry Park. Just opened on Tuesday. It's pretty long, and wooded, so, not many birdie opportunities for me. I find I'm missing my beat X XL alot. So many spots where easy turnovers would have made shots... Easy. I'm gonna stick it back in. There's just enough room for it. Other than that I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Still like the Voodoos. I'm actually thinking I might like a stiffer one, which is weird. But I'll stick with these til the end of minimalist time. I do need to work with them some more, I keep shooting past the basket on layups.

I think gateway got it right with just the normal soft of their putters. Any SS or SSS discs I owned never beat in how I love but the softs remain firm and grippy still

Which run of regular softs? :p

Finally, someone else posted here ._. It's been a month and a half of just me.

I've felt some softs, the ones I've felt have been too firm for me, and not enough tack. These SSS are actually stiffer than the Soft Magnets I was using before. I'm kinda surprised I want something firmer, I was way into soft putters for a while. Just a bit firmer would be nice, like if I tossed these in the fridge for a while. I'd be fine with a bit less grip too.

I think I'm going to beat one of these up, and use it for US things, have an Evo for straight drives, and putt with an SS. With a VP for beefier things. When minimalist time is over.

On a side note, I lost a DX Viper today. It wasn't worn in at all, so I'm not really feeling sad or anything. More of a, "There goes 8 dollars." I even have a backup, so... Yeah.

I like the chalky runs personally. I've got probably 30 soft wizards from 5 years of random 1-2 disc purchases and all have similar feel. I've got one waxy one though that I'm glad I only ordered 1 of. I assume I got lucky with that.

I'll be ordering some voodoos from phantom discs probably. Gonna get white with blue stamp and it's sweet you can get multiples of same exact disc with them

I haven't thrown my vipers yet. How would losing your broke in one feel instead? How do they break in? It's hard to lose discs here, but I've broke a few beat rocs in winter and never felt like it was that bad

Edit :
I usually read your bag thread because you post pics and your posts are usually pretty funny, sorry for not chipping in!

It's fine, it just gets boring talking to myself :p

That pink Viper is my first one actually, so I'd probably feel pretty bad if I lost. It's been bagged since... Last November I think? So I really only have experience with one Viper break in. It started out really OS, and then started getting longer and fading later. The fade is getting smaller now too. I might put it at a 7/6/-.5/2.5 right now. Maybe. Maybe less fade. I think it's going to start turning more soon, though. Maybe not. It's just a feeling.

It's time for an experiment. Or.. Just messing around. Experiment sounds cooler though. Just for one round.

I swapped out half of my bag for discs that I used to think were pretty awesome when I started that I haven't thrown in a while. Namely, the Viking, Panther, and Cro. I left my Vipers and Voodoos in, and my flippy XL.

It's also an experiment in long mids/speed 9 "fairways". Just a small one though.

So today it's...

Champ Viking: Main driver, stable, max D? Maybe.
DX Viper x2: Whatever
X XL: Flippy whatever
Champ Panther: Main mid, probably main disc in general. Not too flippy, I'd call it a -1,1. If I remember right.
Star Cro: Stable mid. Not too OS though. If I remember right. Good at approaching.
Voodoos: Puttever.

Good thing I already lost my slightly better tag >.> It'd be pretty cool if I got it back with this setup though :p

Nevermind that setup, I shot an 80 :p I guess that's what I get for switching up half of my bag.

I still can't throw the Viking, and the Panther is not understable. It's kinda beefy, really. I don't have anything bad to say about the Cro, though. But the beadlessness bothered me.

Nevermind that setup, I shot an 80 :p I guess that's what I get for switching up half of my bag.

I still can't throw the Viking, and the Panther is not understable. It's kinda beefy, really. I don't have anything bad to say about the Cro, though. But the beadlessness bothered me.

Experimenting can be good and bad. Have you ever tried DX Teebirds?

Nope, I haven't. I really like XLs, although I did used to use DX Eagles. They're nice too. But I like XLs more. I feel like I'm set on my fairways, don't get me wanting to try more :p

Nope, I haven't. I really like XLs, although I did used to use DX Eagles. They're nice too. But I like XLs more. I feel like I'm set on my fairways, don't get me wanting to try more :p

Yeah, I went through a practice phase of using D Cyclones (stable/understable) and DX Vipers (overstable) and I quickly found the need for a driver that was more overstable than a Cyclone yet longer than the Viper and the DX Teebird was perfect.

Also, you might want to try a DX Banshee. Would work like a slightly faster Viper and I hear they season great in DX like Teebirds.

Yeah, I went through a practice phase of using D Cyclones (stable/understable) and DX Vipers (overstable) and I quickly found the need for a driver that was more overstable than a Cyclone yet longer than the Viper and the DX Teebird was perfect.

Also, you might want to try a DX Banshee. Would work like a slightly faster Viper and I hear they season great in DX like Teebirds.

My Z XL flies very Teebirdish lines. It sometimes shows a tiny bit of turn, but it's usually straight to fade. Maybe I just don't throw hard enough :p And my beat Viper goes plenty far. I think as far as my beat XL does on a hyzerflip. I replaced my Orcs with it, haha.

I have a DX Banshee. It flies pretty much like an Eagle for me though l:

The new Soft Wizards I got are pretty firm, and somewhat slick. Chalky is pretty nice, as are Eraser. They're both typically SS firm, with Chalky being a little tackier, and ER being more velvety.

My SSS were feeling a bit too soft (just a bit) in the 90+ weather, but on cooler days they feel just fine. I think I'm going to stick with them. Unless I find an Organic SS Voodoo. That'd be neat.

I use anything from M to SS, depending on the weather. SS in winter, M in the dog days of summer. I have sets of each for practice and replacements.

Using only a few molds is still going well. I don't know if I'm actually getting better, but... It's kinda fun :p

Voodoos are still nice, surprisingly. I usually would have gone through 8 putters in the time I've had them bagged. Lots of very, very near misses on long putts at Monday night doubles. Still want an Evo, too bad Marshall Street seems to be the only place that has them.

I was thinking about trying another distance driver when minimalist time is up. I haven't tried any of those kooky MVP discs yet, so I was thinking about an Inertia. Or an Impulse. I dunno yet. But I'm leaning towards the Inertia.

Ace!

With Mr. purple face Voodoo. It's my first one. Hole 9 at Yargo isn't too tough, but it's still exciting. People say if no one sees it, it doesn't count... But hey, I saw it. And who lies about getting an ace? "Hey, I threw a frisbee in a basket from a chunk of concrete, I'm cool now, right?"

I certainly wouldn't choose the shortest hole on the course if I was making it up :p

I got an Inertia for my birthday c:

And minimalist time is over, so I added that, a VP, and another Ghost to my bag. Had to break out old Crunchy to hold them all, it's such a big bag.

Shot an 89 at Lake Russel, which is the course par, or +8 if you play only 3's. I probably would have shot better if I hadn't thrown a new disc on most drives but... Whatever.

I think my Inertia has a high PLH. I'm not really sure, since I have nothing to compare to, but it seemed pretty beefy. I'm having nose angle issues too (like it going way up high, and fading out pretty hard) Of course, the one shot where I was trying to get it to do that, it went like how I thought an Inertia would fly. Some turn, then going straight for a reaaaaally long time. Like really. Left me in some weeds and trees, but it was pin high. Made a lucky putt c:

Was hitting lots of metal on long putts, which I suppose is an improvement over blowing by the basket, or not making it to the basket. Just got to get them in.

My beat XL did what I wanted it to almost every time I threw it, I think I really have it dialed in. It's lots of fun to throw.

So, in conclusion, my Inertia seems beefy, and I'm getting closer on long putts. Still want to try an evo Voodoo though.

Gotta work on them nose angles.

Congrats on the ace!

I think it's great that you are trying different discs. I'm finally figuring out what discs I like. It took a while but I think it's worth the effort. It's fun too. It will be interesting to see what you end up with.

I'm finally figuring out what discs I like too. I know I like the XL, Viper, Ghost, and Voodoo. I'm pretty set on the VP too.

I like Magnets, Rhynos, Polecats, Cobras, Fugitives, Wasps, Stingrays, Eagles, Banshees, and Orcs too, but just not as much :p

Haven't done this in a while ._.

Still the same bag, mostly. Took out the Inertia for my Orc, I still think I got a freaky stable Inertia. My Z XL is in a pond, I'm gonna have to get a new one. Still want a Evo Voodoo. And my ol' DX Stingray is back in the bag, for million dollar challenges :p

I haven't been playing much, I need to get back into the swing of things. A Marshall Street order might be in... order. But I can't seem to justify ordering from them without spending 50 dollars >3> Evo Voodoo, Z XL, that's only like 25 bucks. Hmmm....

Latest posts