• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

That option sounds expensive :p How about a max weight 8/10 SPD? It's got patent numbers, which makes it better than ones without. Or so I've heard. I could throw something else in too, if you want. My pile of unused discs is too big.

That option sounds expensive :p How about a max weight 8/10 SPD? It's got patent numbers, which makes it better than ones without. Or so I've heard. I could throw something else in too, if you want. My pile of unused discs is too big.

We need to meet up. I'll bring my boxes and you bring your pile.

Wait, that doesn't sound right...

;)

So.

Backhand mid month is over tomorrow. I'm not sure if my backhand has actually gotten better, but it might have. I'm excited to throw forehand, and drivers again though.

But here's what I'll be working with leading up to the GCO next month. Without long descriptions :p

gcobag_zps9a63e37b.png

Like the blanket? :p

Distance:
X Avenger: Overstable Control
Z Avenger SS: Max D

Fairway:
Champ Banshee: Overstable Utility
2 DX Eagle X: Overstable Control kinda, and one that's beat to straightish.
Beat X XL: Understable Driver, maybe rollers if I can figure them out.

Mids:
Excel Ghost x3:One's pretty beat, the other two are almost new. I'm gonna work in one of them though. Almost any sort of mid shot.
DX Stingray:Backhand turnovers, sometimes it just works better than a forehand. Alot easier for me to throw backhand. Also rollers.

Putters:
Champ Rhyno: Short drives, approaches.
R-Pro Polecat: Short drives, approaches. Again :p
DX Rhyno: Putts.

I need to work with the Avengers, I was having some nose angle issues when I tested them out when I got them. Anyone have any advice on fixing that? It seems to be my main problem.

Took out the Avengers. They don't actually go farther than my Eagles. I guess I need to work on my stuff more. The SS doesn't really turn much either. I'm a wimp c:

Might get a fresh DX Eagle, if it's still at the shop. There was a 170 orange last time I was there.

I had a similar issue with PD's and/or OLFs not really going much farther than Teebirds. I don't know if it's a matter of being weak, or just a matter of Teebirds and Eagles not lacking at all in distance potential.

I had a similar issue with PD's and/or OLFs not really going much farther than Teebirds. I don't know if it's a matter of being weak, or just a matter of Teebirds and Eagles not lacking at all in distance potential.

I'm pretty sure it's me on this one. The Avenger SS supposedly should fly like a Sidewinder/Roadrunner (I've seen it compared to both) but I can't get any turn out of it without OAT. And the X Avenger (which is apparently like a Viking/Valkyrie, with the other plastics being more OS) is pretty much a meathook. Although I can get it out farther than the SS on a flex shot, which seems a little odd.

I have heard about people using Teebirds in distance competitions, so I'm sure they have pretty good distance potential~

Last edited:
So. Shot under par for the first time ever (I think. (not counting doubles.)). It was at my home course, Fort Yargo State Park. I was using a pared down bag, with two DX Eagles, two Excel Ghosts, DX Rhyno, Champ Rhyno, R-Pro Polecat, and Champ Banshee. I don't think I threw the Banshee though. I was pretty excited c:

Also, made a really lucky/odd putt. I was about 35 feet out, no chance of hitting anything other than the basket, not much of a chance of going far away, so I just figured I'd just throw it kinda hard, straight at the basket. I did, and it hit the yellow band, bounced back like, an inch, and then went forward again and went in. It was pretty crazy.

I think I might be a wizard. Or my Rhyno is magic.

So. I've got the new plastic itch again >.> DX, of course.

Wanted to try out a Viper and a Leopard. Just because I haven't tried them before. Also, there's alot of preflight numbers Vipers in all the Academy's around here. So those are better, right? :p

If I like them, I'll try the other plastics. Or fresh DXs, in the Viper's case. Unless someone wants to get me a Champ c:

If I do like them, how would this work for a fairway lineup?

Fresh DX/Champ Viper: Overstable
Seasoned DX Viper: Semi-Overstable, long flex shots and things. Apparently, beat up Vipers are the kings of flex shots.
Champ Leopard: Straight, maybe slightly understable. I mostly just hear about how straight they are.
DX or Beat Pro Leopard: Turnovers, and hyzerflips, and powered down stuff.

Oh. And I'm not playing in the GCO. But I'm not too sad about it. Maybe next year.

I didn't read everything from start to finish, but what happened to the Viking? I was looking at one of those myself.

Don't have the arm for the Viking, I don't have the arm for anything faster than an Eagle, I've found. But there are more qualified people to ask about them.

Also, I switch my bag around alot. The only thing that's stayed in my bag since the beginning of this thread is the Banshee. It's coming out for a Viper (that I don't have yet)for the winter, but, who knows what'll happen. Not me, that's for sure :p

We need to get together for a field practice session Lucas.
That Avenger SS should turn for you.
Text me and we will set it up, I have a real nice practice area.

So. I got a DX Viper and DX Leopard. 180 and 171. I played most of a round at Herman Michael, although the last four holes were covered in people practicing softball.

I like the Viper alot. It seems easier to throw than my Champion Banshee, but with similar overstability. The main difference is it has aloooot more glide. Also, when it fades, it's still a (very) sharp hook, but it seems to hang in the air longer, so it gets farther right (RHFH) instead of just diving to the ground. I want more wide diameter drivers, someone find me a Python :p

On the Leopard: I'm not sure yet. It didn't throw it much. It seems kinda flippy, but it's supposed to be kinda flippy. Also, I might have been OATy this morning. First (relatively) cold round :p

So. The best way to learn a disc is to use it alot, right?

So. I'm going to use just these four molds/discs til... Uh. After Christmas. Sure.

Magnet-Ghost-Viper-Leopard.

Rules:

I'm only allowed to carry four discs, they all have to be one of those four molds, and there can't be two discs of the same mold.

I might be swapping out my DX Leopard for a Pro Leopard. But that's within the rules. And replacing lost discs/super beat discs is okay too.

So. I hope it goes well~

Attachments

• winterbagc.jpg
    winterbagc.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 11
So. The best way to learn a disc is to use it alot, right?

So. I'm going to use just these four molds/discs til... Uh. After Christmas. Sure.

Magnet-Ghost-Viper-Leopard.

Rules:

I'm only allowed to carry four discs, they all have to be one of those four molds, and there can't be two discs of the same mold.

I might be swapping out my DX Leopard for a Pro Leopard. But that's within the rules. And replacing lost discs/super beat discs is okay too.

So. I hope it goes well~

I spend most of the summer with the same DX Aviar and DX Roc. Its really good for learning discs inside and out. Solid setup and should cover a majority of the lines you will need.