• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

That's what my old champ looks like. I'll have to look at the new champs next time I get to the store.

Now I just need a bag with room for that stuff :p I usually carry water. Or some type of beverage, like gatorade. Sometimes. That costs money >.>

Yeah and money don't grow on trees like it use to. :p

Pff. Didn't lose a disc today at doubles. Lost two >.> Z XL faded earlier than I thought it would, into a lake, and my DX Cobra didn't turn over, straight into the lake.

I think I'm gonna give up on the Cobras. They're super nice, when they go like I want them to, but that shot is 1/10 probably. They're pretty unpredictable. Or I might just suck. But there's three missing Cobras around here somewhere. I think I'm gonna try a Shark.

Also, I might try a new non-overstable driver. I only have my flippy X XL, and the ESP I don't really like left. I was thinking about trying Gateway drivers, just because I haven't used their discs yet. My dad has a Sabre I'm going to try, for a little, and I want to try an Apache~

Yaaay, mixing things up.

Alright. Again. I'm posting alot here :p

I played out in the field, for a little bit (it started raining) with an Evo-HPP Sabre, my DX Banshee, and a sorta beat M JLS. Found out the DX Banshee is just kinda finicky. If I mess up my form and stuff, it lets me know. Jerk. The Sabre was flippy. It's over max weight, I was pretty surprised. The MJLS was pretty nice. Less flippy than the Sabre, even though it's a 160 and beat up. The Apache is off the "To Try" list, the old mold was a fairway driver, the current retooled mold is a 9 speed "used to be distance, now a control driver" kind of disc. It's a bummer, it sounded like they'd be a perfect fit :l

And the verdict is... I should try something completely different :p

DX Eagle cycle, with my Banshees. I like DX alot. Don't worry, I know how to spot the difference between X and L's.

I was thinking about a Rival cycle, but then I found out they don't come in Excel yet. Although Skullboy's Excel Rival stamp is pretty cool :p

So, next time I go to the store, DX Shark and Eagle are on the shopping list.

Somehow my bag seems to be changing into all Innova. Used to have Lat, Discraft, and a Vibram too.

Last edited:
I used an all Innova bag for about 4 years when I first started. Then it was Ching,Discraft and some Gateway thrown in there.

My all Innova bag was pretty sweet though.

Yeah, everyone always says things like, "Oh yeah, this new disc flies just like that old Innova disc." So why not throw the old Innova disc? :p Plus, they have DX. More companies need baseline drivers.

I'm not sure why everyone complains about Pro-D though, my Pro-D XL held up fine, before I lost it.

Got a heftier Shark than the 147 I borrowed from my mom's bag today :p 175. It's pretty nice. Although I need to work with it more. They only had one DX Eagle at the store, and it was a 150 class :l So now I have two white, hopefully matching in stability, 170s coming in the mail~ It's pretty exciting, for some reason.

My Eagles still aren't here yet, but I did better than usual at doubles tonight. I was hyzer flipping my X XL like someone who knew how to hyzer flip, and I parked a few holes I usually/have never even come close on. Like on four, it's just kinda hard to find a path through all the trees, got it with the 150 class Shark. With a backhand, no less. On 6, it's pretty much the same story as 4, except uphill, and I got it with my heavy Shark forehand. And on 15, I'm usually way short/OB, and I hyzerflipped my XL about 10 in front of the basket. I was really surprised. Of course, none of those were CTPs :p

I was making some nice putts, but I missed quite a few that were reeeeeeeally close. I don't really mind if I'm like, 10 feet off to the right, you know, that's kinda funny. But when you hit the chains and don't go in, or knock the very top of the basket, like on the little nubs, UGH. You know.

My Champ Banshee is wimping out on me. It's getting longer and straighter, and even showing my OAT sometimes with a little turn. It's sad :( Although it's still my favorite disc. Might have to get a fresh one soon. That DX one is probably no beefier than an Eagle. I only threw that one once, badly.

Got my Eagles today. They're nice, and look nice. They're a little too beefy right now, but that's what I wanted. It'll be even nicer when they break in. Too bad I'm in a tournament on Sunday, and don't have time to break one in :l And don't want to throw one at brick walls.

They're alot better at flex shots than my DX Banshee, and alot less finicky than that disc too. I probably shouldn't say they, I only tested one. But they're like, perfect clones of each other, so I figure they fly the same. Same dome, plh, color, weight, stamp color... I had to write numbers on the back so I could tell them apart :p

Anyway.
Tourney bag. From overstable to understable. In speed categories.

171 Champ Banshee
168 DX Banshee (maybe)
170 DX Eagle (Not really understable, just slightly less beefy than that DX Banshee)
168 Elite X XL

174 DX Shark
147 DX Shark

175 DX Rhyno
168 DX Rhyno (putts)
160 R-Pro Polecat

I'll take out that DX Banshee if I find something neat. Or put in my other Eagle if I really beat up my first Eagle magically on the way there.

Got my Eagles today. They're nice, and look nice. They're a little too beefy right now, but that's what I wanted. It'll be even nicer when they break in. Too bad I'm in a tournament on Sunday, and don't have time to break one in :l And don't want to throw one at brick walls.

They're alot better at flex shots than my DX Banshee, and alot less finicky than that disc too. I probably shouldn't say they, I only tested one. But they're like, perfect clones of each other, so I figure they fly the same. Same dome, plh, color, weight, stamp color... I had to write numbers on the back so I could tell them apart :p

Anyway.
Tourney bag. From overstable to understable. In speed categories.

171 Champ Banshee
168 DX Banshee (maybe)
170 DX Eagle (Not really understable, just slightly less beefy than that DX Banshee)
168 Elite X XL

174 DX Shark
147 DX Shark

175 DX Rhyno
168 DX Rhyno (putts)
160 R-Pro Polecat

I'll take out that DX Banshee if I find something neat. Or put in my other Eagle if I really beat up my first Eagle magically on the way there.

That's awesome about the Eagle's. Eagle's are even better broke in. The ol S-Shot is what they excel at and they are great wind fighters.

I agree with your sig. A great Rhyno is a broke in Rhyno. I'm right now breaking in some R-Pro's that are going to be killer for putting. they grab the chains very nicely for me.

My bag got a bit bigger(mold wise) kind of went crazy with things,but everything works out pretty good and there is no overlap. :thmbup:

Haha, I even drew a beard on one. It means it's old, and full of experience :p Or just beat up. The red one is getting close, but it's not beard worthy yet. I think I've moved away from liking squishy putters. That red DX Rhyno and red DX Shark feel exactly the same, and they both feel awesome. They're pretty firm, but they have a nice texture. I can't wait for that Rhyno to be putting-worthy.

I'm liking the Shark too. It loses some HSS after a bit, but you can fix that with a little hyzer. And it gets super workable. But I want to get a Shark3, just so I can have a mid I can throw as hard as I want. I still need to play with the normal Shark some more to figure out how much I can put on it.

Still need a bigger bag. Can't cycle discs with no room :p

Haha, I even drew a beard on one. It means it's old, and full of experience :p Or just beat up. The red one is getting close, but it's not beard worthy yet. I think I've moved away from liking squishy putters. That red DX Rhyno and red DX Shark feel exactly the same, and they both feel awesome. They're pretty firm, but they have a nice texture. I can't wait for that Rhyno to be putting-worthy.

I'm liking the Shark too. It loses some HSS after a bit, but you can fix that with a little hyzer. And it gets super workable. But I want to get a Shark3, just so I can have a mid I can throw as hard as I want. I still need to play with the normal Shark some more to figure out how much I can put on it.

Still need a bigger bag. Can't cycle discs with no room :p

A bigger bag is awesome.

This is my bag. http://www.voodoodiscgolf.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41 :D

Your bag is a little too big for my needs, I think I could fit every disc I own in there :p

So. Had fun at my first tournament. Also had swollen ankles (from ant bites the previous days), got a sunburn, and came in dead last (I think). But I still had fun~

Got a Mako3 for being in the tournament (which I really didn't want)((Although I could have chosen a Roc3, which I also didn't really want)) But got a Shark 3 afterwards. It's a little light at 168. The box had already been picked through by the time I got to it. I could have sworn I had grabbed a 172 though... It flies pretty nice, although I only thrown it like, twice. Not as overstable as everyone is saying though.

Oh, and my putts were awful. I'm not sure what it was, I don't think I was nervous. I probably could have saved 5 strokes a round if I had aimed one inch higher. Darn baskets. Oh well.

Eagle is nice. Still. OH. AND THAT COURSE HAD SO MUCH OB. It was ridiculous. We actually got a list at the start describing the OB things ON EVERY HOLE.

Yup.

Oh, and I lost my DX Shark on the way up there. Sad :(

It's always a sad day when you lose a disc.

It's always good to have fun in Tournaments. I'll be playing in one on Thursday,I'll be in the Advanced division. It's a little tougher,but I think my Putting game will keep me ahead.

A Shark 3 is a great disc. I think it's better than a Roc3. The shark has that good penetrating fade where the Roc just fades too hard.

Oh yeah. My bag is a beast lol. Voodoo does make smaller bags. I would highly suggested getting a Voodoo bag. My Zulu is great.

I was thinking about a Mojo a while ago, but the Sailient Discs Catalyst bag caught my eye. And it's cheaper than a Mojo + straps :p

I was in novice :p Need to do more putting practice. Although it didn't help that my only midranges were a 147 dx Shark (extra flippy), and a Mako3 I didn't know how to throw correctly. 10 minutes before a tournament isn't the best time to learn a new disc.

But I'm just making excuses now :p

I was thinking about a Mojo a while ago, but the Sailient Discs Catalyst bag caught my eye. And it's cheaper than a Mojo + straps :p

I was in novice :p Need to do more putting practice. Although it didn't help that my only midranges were a 147 dx Shark (extra flippy), and a Mako3 I didn't know how to throw correctly. 10 minutes before a tournament isn't the best time to learn a new disc.

But I'm just making excuses now :p

It's understandable man.

I forgot my Buzzz's once and the guy that was my Partner let me borrow his beat up KC Pro Rocs. Wasn't sure how they were gonna throw,but I did good with them.

You need a disc selection like mine. :p You'll have all your shots covered and more. lol

I heard the Mojo is a great bag. It's probably the best bag in that size range.

Hrmph. I don't know about that Shark 3. Maybe the plus rim is screwing me up. Maybe I got a freak one. But I went out and threw it with a Comet, and the Comet was way more HSS. I mean, I wasn't throwing the Comet perfectly, but I was throwing it well enough to know I wasn't super OATy.

I seem to recall having similar problems with the Pain, but I guess I didn't notice as much, because it's more overstable.

So... New midrange again~ Requirements: Comes in base plastic (DXish) and easily obtainable Champ-ish plastic. Also fine with Gold Line, but not plus rims. Straight with fade when new. So that whittles it down to... Ghost?

Does the Mace have a plus rim? I mean, I'm assuming it does, but you never know. Mostly thinking about this one because I like to use maces in video games :p It's probably a terrible reason, but whatever~

Just did some field work. I almost played a round, but it's weird without a trusty midrange. Still need to grab a Ghost.

Had one of my longest throws ever (on flat ground) with my slightly worn DX Eagle on a flex shot. I was pretty excited, I actually cleared the field by about 10 feet. It's a good thing there weren't any cars in the parking lot :p I'm usually about 20 feet away from the parking lot, in the grass, on my good throws. It had just rained there I think, the grass was wet, and it was also recently mowed, so every time I threw my discs were covered in grass clippings. Didn't stay long. But that long throw was pretty exciting.

I think I'm gonna pull the DX Banshee, and put in my spare fresh DX Eagle. Just because they fly almost the same, except the Eagle is less finicky. My Champ Banshee still isn't going anywhere though. Also, had trouble throwing my X XL when it got wet. DX is much more water friendly.

Also also. Tried out my dad's Medium Trak. It was reaaaaaally straight. Really. I hope it's not supposed to be understable, because it just went super straight with a small fade when I threw it. Only tossed it a few times, I was focusing on my X XL, slightly worn DX Eagle, and Champ Banshee. But if I wanted a straight driver, I'd probably grab one.

Hrmph. I don't know about that Shark 3. Maybe the plus rim is screwing me up. Maybe I got a freak one. But I went out and threw it with a Comet, and the Comet was way more HSS. I mean, I wasn't throwing the Comet perfectly, but I was throwing it well enough to know I wasn't super OATy.

I seem to recall having similar problems with the Pain, but I guess I didn't notice as much, because it's more overstable.

So... New midrange again~ Requirements: Comes in base plastic (DXish) and easily obtainable Champ-ish plastic. Also fine with Gold Line, but not plus rims. Straight with fade when new. So that whittles it down to... Ghost?

Does the Mace have a plus rim? I mean, I'm assuming it does, but you never know. Mostly thinking about this one because I like to use maces in video games :p It's probably a terrible reason, but whatever~

Sorry man for late response.

Was the Shark Turning Over? It's late and I'm not sure If I understand 100%

Dude Straight with fade when new or for a freakish long time is a Discraft ESP Buzzz. I use mine just for that purpose. I pull out my Wasp when it gets windy.

I don't think the Mace has a Plus Rim,but I do know it feels like a Roc in rim Depth. I like the feel of a Wasp better,just because my Hands are smaller. The Mace does however throw like a well broken in Star Roc.

Just did some field work. I almost played a round, but it's weird without a trusty midrange. Still need to grab a Ghost.

Had one of my longest throws ever (on flat ground) with my slightly worn DX Eagle on a flex shot. I was pretty excited, I actually cleared the field by about 10 feet. It's a good thing there weren't any cars in the parking lot :p I'm usually about 20 feet away from the parking lot, in the grass, on my good throws. It had just rained there I think, the grass was wet, and it was also recently mowed, so every time I threw my discs were covered in grass clippings. Didn't stay long. But that long throw was pretty exciting.

I think I'm gonna pull the DX Banshee, and put in my spare fresh DX Eagle. Just because they fly almost the same, except the Eagle is less finicky. My Champ Banshee still isn't going anywhere though. Also, had trouble throwing my X XL when it got wet. DX is much more water friendly.

Also also. Tried out my dad's Medium Trak. It was reaaaaaally straight. Really. I hope it's not supposed to be understable, because it just went super straight with a small fade when I threw it. Only tossed it a few times, I was focusing on my X XL, slightly worn DX Eagle, and Champ Banshee. But if I wanted a straight driver, I'd probably grab one.

That's great about the long throw. I have gotten some of my bombs with a Destroyer on an S-Line. My Terns are however starting to take it's spot though and the Destroyer just gets used for wind or forehands now.

I still think a good trusty midrange would be a ESP Buzzz. I really like Buzzz's and I'm glad I went back to them. I can throw these Mids very far and with accuracy. You could still get a Ghost,but get it in premium plastic to go well with a Buzzz if you get one. :D

I was thinking about doing a Ghost cycle. I could do a Roc cycle, but I want to do a Ghost cycle :p They're pretty much the same disc, and I get to try a new brand. I hear their plastic is super nice, and they're coming out with a Pinnacle Ghost soon. And I already cycle Eagles and Rhynos, I just gotta have another cycle :p

If I changed up my grip and stuff on the Shark 3, I could throw it a little better. But I don't want to have to change everything around just for one disc. It was flipping like crazy. Comet was going almost dead straight, holding hyzer lines. But not the Shark. It was way over on the left.

And I don't like ESP. DX/Pro-D is my favorite, with Champ/Z in a kinda close second. Pro/X is okay, but Star/ESP is icky >.> Although GL is fine.

Last time I threw a Z Buzzz, it went straight, with a little turn and little fade right at the end. So it ended just straight ahead of me. Although it was kinda worn, and I only threw it once. Besides, I like beady mids :p

Latest posts