• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

A few months in and I'm still loving this bag. A couple mods I'm thinking of:

Outside water bottle holder on the pole (velcro) side - Maybe one of those shoulder strap water bottle holders sewn or otherwise attached to that side? The water bottle fits fine in the upper compartment, but extra storage never hurts.

Lower disc storage divider - I'm thinking a single flat piece of plastic about the size of the disc somehow attached to the PVC rails that can slide side-to-side. This'll make carrying fewer discs easier and add additional storage on the side not containing discs. Something like this (divider is the vertical bar): [ ___ |ooooo]

Any suggestions?

A few months in and I'm still loving this bag. A couple mods I'm thinking of:

Outside water bottle holder on the pole (velcro) side - Maybe one of those shoulder strap water bottle holders sewn or otherwise attached to that side? The water bottle fits fine in the upper compartment, but extra storage never hurts.

Lower disc storage divider - I'm thinking a single flat piece of plastic about the size of the disc somehow attached to the PVC rails that can slide side-to-side. This'll make carrying fewer discs easier and add additional storage on the side not containing discs. Something like this (divider is the vertical bar): [ ___ |ooooo]

Any suggestions?

You might be on to something with the divider thing. It might a little bit of configuring, but it could work.

Just curious, to those who are still using this bag. Have any of you constructed or cut a flat peg board to size for the middle above the pvc frame for support? If so, what would be the measurements. I'd measure myself, but I'm at work.:\

Big shout-out to MrGlass! Thanks again for the bag mate! Good shooting with ya too!!

Enjoy it!!!

divider idea.

I late night idea for the divider might be the plastic divider used in the carolina revolution bag. The divider's are able to be purchased on there from the looks on the revolution's web sight. There not that cheap but they seem to fit the idea of what you are after.

bag.jpg
LOVING THIS BAG, HOLD ABOUT 25 DISCS IN TOTAL( 23 IN BOTTOM AND 2 IN THE PUTTER POCKET). ABOUT TO MAKE THE PVC FRAME, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT NEEDED, SO THAT WAY I HAVE A SEAT ON TOP :D

Does anyone have an idea about where/how a Zephyr/Condor would fit in this bag?

The putter pocket is big enough for two putters, so I bet it'd fit one condor. You could also put it in the upper compartment.

Good to know about the condor, I'm looking at different backpack bags and want to be sure super class discs will fit.

If anyone has one of these they don't want anymore, or otherwise have access to a discounted one, let me know, I'm interested.

If anyone has one of these they don't want anymore, or otherwise have access to a discounted one, let me know, I'm interested.

If you wait for a bit, Cabelas out these on sale for 50 bucks SHIPPED at least twice in the last year

I late night idea for the divider might be the plastic divider used in the carolina revolution bag. The divider's are able to be purchased on there from the looks on the revolution's web sight. There not that cheap but they seem to fit the idea of what you are after.

Does anyone have a revo plastic roll cage and a cabela's bag handy that they try to fit it in? I'm seriously thinking of getting the roll cage. I bet it would fit.

35 is a bit much, but it may solve all problems

It's probably been mentioned before, but I've gotta do it again - The silver pocket on the side IS NOT A DRINK HOLDER. It's a mini dry bag, which makes sense given its intended purpose as a fishing backpack. On the bright side it's air tight, which makes it a fantastic place to store anything that may be, shall we say... fragrant.

It's probably been mentioned before, but I've gotta do it again - The silver pocket on the side IS NOT A DRINK HOLDER. It's a mini dry bag, which makes sense given its intended purpose as a fishing backpack. On the bright side it's air tight, which makes it a fantastic place to store anything that may be, shall we say... fragrant.

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png