• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

I found a quick, cheap, and easy divider solution I'm pretty happy with:

KpjDGl.jpg

All you need is one medium / small bungee cord and one heavy duty ziptie. I hooked the bungee to the top rear PVC, brought it under the bottom front side, then looped it back to the top rear. The bottom front edge holds tight, but the rear top needs a bit of added reinforcement via ziptie - Just tighten it around bare PVC and the hooks won't slide past it. Everything is still adjustable, but it'll stay in place once it's fitted to your liking.

It's probably been mentioned before, but I've gotta do it again - The silver pocket on the side IS NOT A DRINK HOLDER. It's a mini dry bag, which makes sense given its intended purpose as a fishing backpack. On the bright side it's air tight, which makes it a fantastic place to store anything that may be, shall we say... fragrant.

So I shouldn't use it for my water bottle?? Because it holds a 1L bottle pretty well, and I need that when I play... I don't need to keep anything particularly fragrant dry or from being smelled. People will use it as they see fit.

Last edited:
So I shouldn't use it for my water bottle?? Because it holds a 1L bottle pretty well, and I need that when I play... I don't need to keep anything particularly fragrant dry or from being smelled. People will use it as they see fit.

Use it for whatever you'd like - I'm just explaining why so many people in this thread are dissatisfied with their sub-par 'drink holder'.

Use it for whatever you'd like - I'm just explaining why so many people in this thread are dissatisfied with their sub-par 'drink holder'.

I think it works fine for standard bottled water. I could care less what it was intended for. I'm not fishing with it. :thmbup:

I was going to get a voodoo karma but I'm going to give the xpg pro a shot first. I'm going to construct an internal frame and use the dividers from my silverback.

I was going to get a voodoo karma but I'm going to give the xpg pro a shot first. I'm going to construct an internal frame and use the dividers from my silverback.

IMO - it's more comfortable than a tourney style bag with quad shocks, because it sits higher on your back - up near your shoulders as opposed to the small of your back. Lowes has the PVC fitting for the frame (Home Depot doesn't carry 3-way slip-fit elbows) for just under $10 for everything. I have 20 discs in lower compartment with frame.

would one of those u cradle disc dividers fit, want to buy one to use it in my bag

Mr. Glass told me that he used a comp divider (I assume that is the Innova Competition Bag U Divider) in his bag. However, I believe you have to have it in the top-down configuration (see first post on page 10) for that to work.

Mr. Glass told me that he used a comp divider (I assume that is the Innova Competition Bag U Divider) in his bag. However, I believe you have to have it in the top-down configuration (see first post on page 10) for that to work.

I mean the u cradle on discgolfcenter, and i have that setup

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but the corners of the bottom of the backpack started to fray. To fix this I taped off the bag and sprayed a couple of coats of rubber coating to toughen up the bottom of the bag.

Makes me feel bad for people who spent $200 + for a Grip... :|

You shouldn't. The Grip is a better disc golf bag. It's all about $$ versus features. Some people prefer the trade off the other way.

Ditto. :D

Or sarcastically: check out these plastic bags I got for free at the grocery store! Makes me feel bad for people who spent $50 on a Cabela's bag! :)

You shouldn't. The Grip is a better disc golf bag. It's all about $$ versus features. Some people prefer the trade off the other way.

Agreed, maybe I shouldn't feel bad for them...the Grip does some things better. But one bag's $200, one's $50.

I simply don't think the Grip is 4 times the bag this is. With the PVC frame, mine holds 19 on the bottom + 2 putters with more room for stuff in the top than the Grip offers. Those who want to spend $150 more for a Grip are certainly free to do so, I just don't see the value. You could buy this plus 10 quality discs for the price of a Grip.

This even costs less than a Fade Tourney or Innova Competition bag plus anyone's quad straps and is more comfortable, too. Unfortunately, I just don't think a DG company can generate the volume necessary to match Cabela's price.

Last edited:
Ditto. :D

Or sarcastically: check out these plastic bags I got for free at the grocery store! Makes me feel bad for people who spent $50 on a Cabela's bag! :)

I mean, I'm not going to knock anyone who wants to make their own bag. Look at my signature, I am obviously fully supportive of the DIY movement. I enjoy it. But if someone doesn't get that the Grip is a better bag with 0 effort for disc golf purposes, they're either in denial or live in Colorado (ha, pot joke).

The Cabela's bag is great. The Swiss Gear bag is great. Some people just don't want to build a PVC frame, pin stuff together, put drinks in a tackle pouch, etc. to make a DG bag. Some people want a rainfly, and two insulated drink holders, and pockets built for pencils, minis, scorecards and all that good stuff.

My DJ Armory bag is far cheaper (in both price and quality) than a Cabela's bag, and I love it. But I'm not naive enough to think it compares to a Cabela's bag. They all do the basics. Hold discs, and get carried around. That's effectively all a disc golf bag is. The quality of it's ability to do that against the work you have to put into making it do that is what determines the right bag for the player. No option is "better" or "right."

Mine is holding up good still. I'm using my competition divider in my bag and it is working great. The only gripe I have is that the seam in the middle of back strap that sits in between my shoulders is starting to slowly pull apart. I need to reinforce that stitch with some heavy duty thread. That's my only gripe. Plus, it doesn't help when i pull the bag up over one shoulder and let it hang for short walks to the pad either.

cabelas.jpg