• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a Neutral Driver.......Your votes needed!

What Neutral Driver should I try?

• Discmania C TD

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Discmania S CD

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Discraft Surge SS

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • Innova Viking

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • Innova Krait

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Latitude Flow

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Latitude Riot

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Vibram Lace

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 52 43.3%

• Total voters
I totally agree on a slightly beat Pro Destroyer rocking. When mine was in it's 3-4 round sweet spot, it was good for a 400' hyzer flip bomb (relative to my normal drives). I just doesn't hold up very long. And I don't mind Distance Driver rims; I just usually don't have the room for a flex or a strong fade (LHBH so fades typically get me into trouble if not an open hole).

I just picked a star TL And that thing is STRAIGHT Small fade, but overall very straight and good glide.

i used to throw them when i wanted a bit more distance than my teebird, and also when i was in the wide open (also used to throw them further than most distance drivers cause they felt more comfortable)

but its a faster disc, similar numbers (or is -1, 3) and itll probably go the distance you need! give it a shot in star plastic!

Lat64 GL Strikers. Find the flat ones and they're easy straight and easily manipulable. And with oomph and some room can really fly.

That's. why I said star! Why add another mold into your bag? Keep it simpler and just add a different plastic, and it will flex for you. And you can bomb them too. For instance I have used my star orc on a hole where I need to flex it around 200 feet away from the teepad and have it come back. Works perfect. If you want a used one I would suggest a 6/10 or so and when you throw add a little extra spin on it

Just my opinion. I like to keep it simple, and throw same discs in different plastic cause I already comfortable with that disc

Good luck!

I said Lace, but maybe try a Vibram Trak. For my arm at least it's the definition of perfectly neutral. It flies straight and will hold a hyzer or anhyzer all the way to ground. And before I threw Vibram, my workhorse neutral driver was a TL and I don't know if it's the disc, or my improvements in form, but the Trak works the same lines but about 50 feet longer. Plus, according to rim measurements a Trak is more like a speed nine so its still a little faster than a TL.

C-FD/Jackal. The c line is just a tad more stable than the S line and it will hold a line forever. The glide is just sneaky on this disc, too. It has the gradual flight path of a buzz but the glide and speed to go way further.

OP already throws a TL. My "longer TL" is a Saint. My Optos fly like my Champ TLs did, and my GL straightened out after a few tree hits and hasn't lost much stability since then (and I use it a lot). Compared to my Star TL, even the GL has a lot better HSS and a less dumpy fade and a narrower flight overall.

Good luck on your search!

You have the correct answer in this post, yet the chatter continues needlessly.

SAINT

/thread

Seriously... Gl Saint is exactly what you're describing. You will not be disappointed. :thmbup:

Since your looking for a tree hole driver, I would suggest the FLX Surge SS. I use it on most tree holes that I need straight because the FLX plastic will fall down quicker rather than bounce further into the woods like most plastic. If you like the Wraith in general, then the FLX Surge could be an option on some holes. I have also been trying (very few weather permitted times) the Krait. It flies alot like a beat in Wraith which means it also has more anny potential.

Star Roadrunner perhaps. The TL (Star) is an amazing beast. they can fly as far as you want them to. pretty darn near as far as anything because of the glide and very low fade. Just because it's a speed 7 doesn't mean it won't outfly discs that are higher speed ratings. And when you move UP in speed you generally need more power. So if you are already at 95% power, work on maximizing the glide of the TL, it's one of the longest discs for neutral flights. PERIOD.

I have an EchoStar RoadRunner that's great for full turnovers or rollers but even I have too much power for dead straight shots (unless mega hyzer flipped which gobbles up some of its distance potential).

I throw an SL for this shot, it's really straight and the fade is dependable but not very far side to side. Since they are getting to be darn near impossible to find in weights under 175g, I just picked up a FLX Surge SS, and I will say that I am impressed. The grip is awesome, and it flies very straight. Even with my worn in SLs, the turn is small. For me STar SLs fly dead straight with tiny fade new, very tight S-curve broken in, and they just hold a gentle sweeping anhyzer when they are beat in (or strong armed). I only have one field session with the Surge SS, but so far it behaves the same. Very Neutral, sneaky long. The Saint have more turn for me, especially in GL. For the record I throw between 280-330 max distance with a Leopard, Bllizzard Wraith, or Star SL.