• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Timko said:
From Facebook:

is most thankful for the grace of our pre-order customers! You guys are the best! The tags and boxes are being printed... and the last bits of hardware are on the way... Packs... so... close...

I cannot wait. It is good to know that things are in the works instead of in some suspended state.

Since I don't use Fb I can't ask J@ directly, what are the odds of having the bag for my last tourney of the year on the 10th? Anyone know?

Yeah I saw that. n/m people, I forgot that this thing called email exists....

Just got an email, the feet should be in end of this week and then there will be an email sent out next week about final deliveries, so the 10th doesn't sound likely.

dgdave said:
Just got an email, the feet should be in end of this week and then there will be an email sent out next week about final deliveries, so the 10th doesn't sound likely.
also free T-shirts for your troubles.

Yeah I got the same email. Looks like I won't be using this thing until 2011. Sad really.

I don't want to bug Justin with it, but I heard it mentioned on DGCR that the bags are made overseas and that there will likely be a delay with shipping because of that...anyone with experience on this sort of thing?

Maybe Hoey knows a little something with the shipments they receive at MST?

They are being manufactured from an Asian company (I think in Vietnam). J@ had a reply or two for the people talking shit on the bag for it. He didn't deny it, so I'm assuming its true.

Leopard said:
booter said:
But 1st of all Y BELIEVE ANYTHING FROM DGCR J?!?!
well, no offense guys, but they are doing a way better job of bitching and moaning over this bag.

i believe that makes them the authority.

There's only about 30 pages of trolling by people that didn't even preorder it.

Here's one of the posts from the DGCR thread about the manufacturing.

Justin@ said:
Yes, you can expect to be able to purchase these in November, I also expect to have pre-sold bags to you in advance of the TX Teams Tourney.

And to the haters out there... please check your assumptions about Asian manufacturing at the door. It is unfortunate that poorly built products from Asia are the only ones that stick out in some people's minds. The factory I am working with, and in fact many Asian factories of note, are hound dogs about quality, equitable treatment of labor, efficient use of materials, and proper effluent disposal. It may seem counter intuitive but it is a plain fact (owing to cost of living and other factors) that with labor-intensive products, you simply get better quality for your dollar in Asia than in the US.

They will build things as well or as poorly as you specify. If you are used to Asian-built products breaking, it is the brands that you are investing in that are to blame, and not implicitly the country of Origin. Cheap s*** is cheap s*** no matter where it was built.

Many things are designed lackadaisically and/or to have a short life cycle so that you buy more of them, and too often companies have inadequate representatives dealing with their manufacturers which negatively impacts results. Frequently, too, designs and production specs are gutted in the name of low price-points. Unfortunately it is these products that we tend to remember most and which categorically form many people's perceptions. But I reiterate, cheap s*** is cheap s***. Invest in better brands.

But nevertheless I got into this business with the same skepticism and so I found a sourcing rep and a developer who are EXTRAORDINARILY experienced and talented in this domain and that could get my high-end vision of our products made. It is also important to note that the majority of delays we experienced were in order to adjust seams, materials, and components to make sure that the design and construction of these packs would hold up for years. Indeed, we have such faith in our designs and manufacturing that we guarantee the quality of our construction and materials for the life of our bags.

I apologize for getting a bit long-winded, but it is a necessary rant nonetheless. Cheers!

I've had experience in getting some things manufactured in China and shipping proto types and then the end products. Mind you we shipped a full containers worth once we had the real production run and I kind of doubt that J@ will be filling a container. You can ship stuff by air very quickly but it costs a premium. I had prototypes sitting in my office on Monday morning after the factory shipped them on the Friday for example. I'm assuming that J@ would have something like these bags shipped using someone like FedEx or UPS or something, but who knows.

Also, his point about getting things manufactured as well or as poorly as you specify is 100% correct. In my experience with getting things manufactured there, they will do things EXACTLY to the specs that you supply. The problems I ran into were when we didn't supply a spec for something. Then buy default they reverted to the absolute cheapest option. In the end though, after many proto types and an actual factory tour I was able to get a superior product from China for much less than I could have done in my own facility.

say word, this guy what'shisname speaks truth

<-- would have been pimping a sweet product 4 months ago, except manufacturing got delayed beyond our control, but since it wasn't announced till the production run was done, everything's gravy and you'll enjoy them next year, sans boohoo

fwiw i got a 0% knucklehead reading from J@. whatever the bottleneck is, it's not him.

Leopard said:
say word, this guy what'shisname speaks truth

<-- would have been pimping a sweet product 4 months ago, except manufacturing got delayed beyond our control, but since it wasn't announced till the production run was done, everything's gravy and you'll enjoy them next year, sans boohoo

fwiw i got a 0% knucklehead reading from J@. whatever the bottleneck is, it's not him.
Love the sig' Zam.

Make me sad that I have started reading DGCR forums at work just because they are active.