• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

zj1002 said:
I wont be paying for the 2.0 that is the difference. From the day I got my bag and it was jacked up, I was told I would get a new one. If I were playing tournaments then I probably would have switched to something that can withstand a lot of wear. My bag was noticeably worn after playing in the Collegiate Nationals.

Now for those that don't have a grip bag, I agree that it probably isn't wise to invest in the bag until Grip-Eq shows the quality is vastly improved. I am pretty sure all these points have been addressed on the past few pages.

Can we just make an "Apoth crap bucket" for him to rant in rather than shitting up all these threads?

you took me off your ignore list! does this mean we can be friends now? :lol:

but you didnt answer my questions: what are the revolutionary features of your grip bag? do they justify the pain in the ass of dealing with grip?

I read your posts when I can see they pertain to topics of my interest

Quiver Pocket and front pocket are dope. Very useful for someone like me that throws a ton of putters

Lightweight feeling and forms to the back

Built in rain cover

The material used in the bag is actually durable. The only wear points have been caused by the inner lining constantly ripping at it(this is being fixed)

Has enough storage in just one pocket for my baseball, golden retriever, food and misc supplies. The other pocket is usually stuffed with towels and/or a rain jacket.

Oh yeah it also holds my discs. the main purpose of a disc golf bag.

Is this different from any top end disc golf bag on the market? no. every bag serves the same core purpose - carry your discs. they just all have slightly different designs and varying perks.

I think the putter quiver is a sweet idea myself too, I can't wait to see the bag in person sometime. I am going to put one on the next leather bag that I make for myself.

ZJ do you always carry a baseball glove around with you or was that just for reference? and if so, what are you using a baseball glove for during a DG round:)

zj1002 said:
Is this different from any top end disc golf bag on the market? no. every bag serves the same core purpose - carry your discs. they just all have slightly different designs and varying perks.

its different than my simian. my bag is a stool (the best feature ever to be integrated into a golf bag...something truly revolutionary)! :p

i just dont see what makes all of the grip fanboy contingent so hot and horny for them.

Here's Justin's response:

Our deadline with the factory is the 31st of May and they will be
shipping them either that day or the 1st of June. So we should have our
first shipment the first full week of June, then our second (much
larger) shipment about a week later!

if it doesn't rain tonight, i'll talk to justin about the bag. he told me a week or so ago that he was taking a 2nd run bag for test run.

jsun3thousand said:
if it doesn't rain tonight, i'll talk to justin about the bag. he told me a week or so ago that he was taking a 2nd run bag for test run.
And....? Details!

So if my first run were to... "break," would I get one one of those bad boys? I hope it doesn't hold up much longer if that's the case.

Apothecary said:
jnecessary said:
Still think the design of this bag is better than any other offering out there (potentially Majal is better if you want that much bag). Curious what the next couple years brings for Grip.

does the cool design really outweigh their god-awful production schedule and the shoddy construction? what do you find so revolutionary about them?

seems to me that dealing with grip is a roll of the dice.

Production schedule I could care less about, that will sort itself out when/if the company becomes more established, gets more bags going, cash flow, those sorts of things. I'm fairly sure the delay with the bags coming out isn't a big deal for 99% of people wanting them. Most anyone willing to drop the many bones a GripEQ bag costs, already has a bag and wants an upgrade. It won't hurt people to keep on playing with what the have for a bit. Otherwise, they can buy whatever else is on the market and be happy with that.

Shoddy construction, if you want to say the first run was shoddy, that's cool. There are certainly some issues with a bunch of them, but the fact that when I finally reported my bag as being jacked up the matter was resolved within minutes.

I don't find anything revolutionary about the bag. It is comfortable though, most notably on second or third rounds when you realize you still don't mind carrying the loaded bag around.

I won't go into details, but the kind of customer service I got yesterday only makes me happier with my purchase.

The frst batch of bags are going to those who requested a replacement because their first run tore. So who's on that list?