• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

KJ's bag @ the USDGC

This thing is a monster, pretty sweet.

Awesome to finally see this course in person.

Can't wait for the small version for myself

Attachments

• DSC_1489.jpg
    DSC_1489.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 260
Currently carrying an E2, but it guys my lower back, as the plastic molding the discs rest on drills into me. I can't decide between the Octothrope, or the Simian. What should I get, and why. Disc storage is fairly important, today I've got 22 I the bag, I don't always carry that much, but close. Hydration is important. I try to play as many tourneys as work will allow. I think I've got 12 so far this year, so food for my round is a must..i keep going back and forth. One day I tell myself the simian, the next is the Octothrope. I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy over this. PLEASE HELP!!

Octothorpe, hands down.

We need more pics!!!!

Looks like the main disc compartment is the same size, just the side pockets are larger??

That is exactly right. All the side compartments got bigger, and Levi added compression straps. The storage and side disc compartments are all 2" wider. Each one. And both side have the one big pouch. It can hold over 40.

Octothorpe, hands down.

That is exactly right. All the side compartments got bigger, and Levi added compression straps. The storage and side disc compartments are all 2" wider. Each one. And both side have the one big pouch. It can hold over 40.

40 discs or 40oz?

Currently carrying an E2, but it guys my lower back, as the plastic molding the discs rest on drills into me. I can't decide between the Octothrope, or the Simian. What should I get, and why. Disc storage is fairly important, today I've got 22 I the bag, I don't always carry that much, but close. Hydration is important. I try to play as many tourneys as work will allow. I think I've got 12 so far this year, so food for my round is a must..i keep going back and forth. One day I tell myself the simian, the next is the Octothrope. I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy over this. PLEASE HELP!!

I have both the Simian and the Octothorpe. I understand that everyone carries different numbers of disc types (driver, fairway, mids, putters), so this is my personal take.

Disc Space:
Simian will comfortably carry 12 in the main compartment and 3 on the bottom, and 2 putters in the putter pockets. It breaks down with 4 disc in each divider area and 3 on the bottom zipper. You can carry 3 or 4 in each of the side zippers, but I leave those for towels and snacks. I find that I don't use the side pouches that much for discs because when I have discs in them, I tend to forget about them, the same can be said with the bottom zipper area. Total discs: 17. (4 putters, 1 mid, 4 fairway, 8 drivers)

The Octothorpe will hold 15-18 discs in the main compartment and 5 on top. The larger side pocket can hold about 3-4 as well, but again, if I have discs in there, I tend to forget they're there. The two vertical pockets next to the main compartment can hold a disc or two, but they're not ideal for carrying discs. I just keep a towel or two because if it gets too tight in those spaces, it will push into the main compartment space, making disc grabbing harder. Total discs: 23 (6 putters, 1 mid, 5 fairway, 11 drivers)

Comfort:
They are both comparable in the comfort department, that means I never chose which bag to take base on the comfort.

Quality:
This goes to the Octothorpe. Don't get me wrong, the Simian is well built, but as an overall package, the Octothorpe just screams high quality; from the sealed zippers, rainfly, fabric, and even the stitching. It should though because it costs more.

Non-disc storage:
Simian has much more storage space that is easier to get into. If you have the side pockets filled up, it won't affect the water bottle pockets or the main disc compartment. As for the Octothorpe, I'm not a fan of the two thin vertical storage space. It's a very tight space that's barely good for anything. Too much stuff in there and the outside pockets (larger pocket and water holder) are difficult to use. Too much stuff, and the main disc compartment gets squeezed tighter making it harder to pull discs in and out. I do love the pencil and phone pockets on the Octothorpe though.

I won't go into anything else unless there's something specific that you would like to know. So how do I chose which bag I take? For casual rounds, if I know the course that I am playing, and the setup, then I usually load up the Simian. I don't need the extra disc space. The Simian gives me a seat, two water bottle pockets, and two large pockets for snacks, sewfly, seeds, and anything else I want to take. If I'm playing a course for the first time or a tournament, I'll take the Octothorpe. I can carry more discs, however, I have to carry a stool.

I ended up with both bags because I pre-ordered the Simian and then ordered the Octothorpe. I was going to sell the Simian when I got the Octothorpe but have decided to keep it because I have found myself using it enough to justify keeping it.

I say, get both, but if I had to chose just one bag between the two, it would be the Octothorpe. Hope that helps.

I have both the Simian and the Octothorpe. I understand that everyone carries different numbers of disc types (driver, fairway, mids, putters), so this is my personal take.

Disc Space:
Simian will comfortably carry 12 in the main compartment and 3 on the bottom, and 2 putters in the putter pockets. It breaks down with 4 disc in each divider area and 3 on the bottom zipper. You can carry 3 or 4 in each of the side zippers, but I leave those for towels and snacks. I find that I don't use the side pouches that much for discs because when I have discs in them, I tend to forget about them, the same can be said with the bottom zipper area. Total discs: 17. (4 putters, 1 mid, 4 fairway, 8 drivers)

The Octothorpe will hold 15-18 discs in the main compartment and 5 on top. The larger side pocket can hold about 3-4 as well, but again, if I have discs in there, I tend to forget they're there. The two vertical pockets next to the main compartment can hold a disc or two, but they're not ideal for carrying discs. I just keep a towel or two because if it gets too tight in those spaces, it will push into the main compartment space, making disc grabbing harder. Total discs: 23 (6 putters, 1 mid, 5 fairway, 11 drivers)

Comfort:
They are both comparable in the comfort department, that means I never chose which bag to take base on the comfort.

Quality:
This goes to the Octothorpe. Don't get me wrong, the Simian is well built, but as an overall package, the Octothorpe just screams high quality; from the sealed zippers, rainfly, fabric, and even the stitching. It should though because it costs more.

Non-disc storage:
Simian has much more storage space that is easier to get into. If you have the side pockets filled up, it won't affect the water bottle pockets or the main disc compartment. As for the Octothorpe, I'm not a fan of the two thin vertical storage space. It's a very tight space that's barely good for anything. Too much stuff in there and the outside pockets (larger pocket and water holder) are difficult to use. Too much stuff, and the main disc compartment gets squeezed tighter making it harder to pull discs in and out. I do love the pencil and phone pockets on the Octothorpe though.

I won't go into anything else unless there's something specific that you would like to know. So how do I chose which bag I take? For casual rounds, if I know the course that I am playing, and the setup, then I usually load up the Simian. I don't need the extra disc space. The Simian gives me a seat, two water bottle pockets, and two large pockets for snacks, sewfly, seeds, and anything else I want to take. If I'm playing a course for the first time or a tournament, I'll take the Octothorpe. I can carry more discs, however, I have to carry a stool.

I ended up with both bags because I pre-ordered the Simian and then ordered the Octothorpe. I was going to sell the Simian when I got the Octothorpe but have decided to keep it because I have found myself using it enough to justify keeping it.

I say, get both, but if I had to chose just one bag between the two, it would be the Octothorpe. Hope that helps.

Thank you soo much! That was a huge help. I do have one question though. With discs in the side pockets, is there still room for snacks? I play a fair amount of tournaments. So cliff bars, and a few sandwiches are a must. Also, if you have ever hung a bladder I the simian, could you also fit some discs in the same pocket? You've been a huge help. I wouldn't have to go through all of this, but nobody I play with had either. Thanks again! I think i know which way I'm going now (probably both, but one at a time). My hope is that your answer will seal the deal for me.

I don't own my Simian anymore , as I sold it awhile back. I do however, own and love my Octothorpe. If hydration is important, the Octo is probably the best bag on the market for carrying lots of water. Pounds website suggests and sells the 2L Hydrapack bladder, but I can personally tell you the 3L Hydrapack fits and works well. Having the bag designed around the use of a bladder is awesome, and my bladder was one of the best purchases I made this year(didn't buy it when I bought my bag). Combine having the 100oz bladder filled, with a 40oz Hydroflask and you are all set for hydration.

I really did like my Simian, especially having the integrated stool. But IMO the Octothorpe is a MUCH better bag. The limited disc storage always bothered me with the Simian, and wasn't crazy about the putter pocket style. The Octo carries all the discs I ever need for the day and some, and the putter pocket design is the best on the market. Octo still has plenty of storage for snacks, extra towels, hoodie/jacket etc. And finally it has the best rain fly on the market as well.

Thank you soo much! That was a huge help. I do have one question though. With discs in the side pockets, is there still room for snacks? I play a fair amount of tournaments. So cliff bars, and a few sandwiches are a must. Also, if you have ever hung a bladder I the simian, could you also fit some discs in the same pocket? You've been a huge help. I wouldn't have to go through all of this, but nobody I play with had either. Thanks again! I think i know which way I'm going now (probably both, but one at a time). My hope is that your answer will seal the deal for me.

"With discs in the side pockets, is there still room for snacks?" I'm not sure if this was directed towards the Simian or the Octothorpe, so I'll answer for both. In general, with anything that goes in the side pockets, in addition to discs, the discs will be difficult to get out or the extras will be difficult to get out. You'll most likely have to remove one to get to the other. The Simian will probably be better because of the wider side pockets. I have packed my sandwiches in plastic food containers and stored them in the bottom zipper area of the Simian, because sandwiches can be flat in there. For the Octothorpe, you can use the larger side pockets for sandwiches, but again, it holds about 4 putters nicely, so you can weigh how many sandwiches you put in there. You can always take some discs out of the main compartment of the Octothorpe and put snacks/sandwiches in a plastic container and put in the main compartment and still have the same amount of discs you would vs the Simian, so it's really a toss up.

I bought a Hydrapak 3L (100oz) bladder for the Octothorpe, but I never got around to using it. I use the bladder compartment to store my rainfly, rule book, and other flat items, like an extra mini. I've never tried to hang it in the Simian either. I don't see why you can't. The one thing about the Simian that I wish they did was add another zipper for the side pockets. It only zips one way, and sometimes I wished the zipper would close/open in the opposite direction for the things I put in there. If they did that, you'd really be able to use the side pockets all the way to the top because it's fairly deep (towels bottom half, discs on top of towel).

The putter pockets of the Simian doesn't really bother me, but I love the top pocket of the Octothorpe. It can hold 5 discs comfortable, making your most used discs easily accessible. I load 5 putters (2 putting putters, and 3 driving/upshot putters).

Personally, it's still a toss up. You'll just have to weigh the pros and cons of each bag and how it affects your game and the courses you play on, plan to play on. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Both of them have great resale value and they're both sought after bags. If only Simian didn't require you to pay when you order, and charge you only when they ship, then that would buy you some time (but that's not the case). Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care. -GB

"With discs in the side pockets, is there still room for snacks?" I'm not sure if this was directed towards the Simian or the Octothorpe, so I'll answer for both. In general, with anything that goes in the side pockets, in addition to discs, the discs will be difficult to get out or the extras will be difficult to get out. You'll most likely have to remove one to get to the other. The Simian will probably be better because of the wider side pockets. I have packed my sandwiches in plastic food containers and stored them in the bottom zipper area of the Simian, because sandwiches can be flat in there. For the Octothorpe, you can use the larger side pockets for sandwiches, but again, it holds about 4 putters nicely, so you can weigh how many sandwiches you put in there. You can always take some discs out of the main compartment of the Octothorpe and put snacks/sandwiches in a plastic container and put in the main compartment and still have the same amount of discs you would vs the Simian, so it's really a toss up.

I bought a Hydrapak 3L (100oz) bladder for the Octothorpe, but I never got around to using it. I use the bladder compartment to store my rainfly, rule book, and other flat items, like an extra mini. I've never tried to hang it in the Simian either. I don't see why you can't. The one thing about the Simian that I wish they did was add another zipper for the side pockets. It only zips one way, and sometimes I wished the zipper would close/open in the opposite direction for the things I put in there. If they did that, you'd really be able to use the side pockets all the way to the top because it's fairly deep (towels bottom half, discs on top of towel).

The putter pockets of the Simian doesn't really bother me, but I love the top pocket of the Octothorpe. It can hold 5 discs comfortable, making your most used discs easily accessible. I load 5 putters (2 putting putters, and 3 driving/upshot putters).

Personally, it's still a toss up. You'll just have to weigh the pros and cons of each bag and how it affects your game and the courses you play on, plan to play on. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Both of them have great resale value and they're both sought after bags. If only Simian didn't require you to pay when you order, and charge you only when they ship, then that would buy you some time (but that's not the case). Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care. -GB

Thank you. You've been more than helpful I my decision making. I'm thinking I'll start with the Simian.

C'mon smaller Octothorpe!

Would that make it a Tetrothorpe?

C'mon Tetrothorpe!!! :popcorn:

Last edited:

Disc Space:

Comfort:

Quality:

Non-disc storage:

Thanks for the info, based on this write up, I just picked up a newer lightly used GB Simian for the wife instead of her current c14.
I have many friends that use the older GB Simian bags, and this newer version is much better.
I like it, and if she decides she doesn't, I will keep it for me for a casual bag.

Just not enough disc storage (without using all the extra stuff storage for discs) for tournament backups etc.

But if I had to pick only one, it would still be the octothorpe.

New Octo bag color scheme: Mutlicam Tropic

MCT1.jpeg

First. That camo pattern is so dope! Looks fantastic, seriously.

Second. Jesus Christ, plain and simple. That octo haul is a ****ing beast of a bag! That is some serious **** right there. Very cool features and design (for a mega bag).

Where's Steve Rico?! He'd have loved this thing when he was rocking that mega voodoo bag.

:thmbup: Levi

There appears to be two versions of the Octo-Haul, a bag with two expandable sides and the other with a single expandable side.
I like that there is water bottle conversion insert, great idea.
Also, blending the strap color with the bag color is a good look too.

KJ_OH.jpeg

KJ_OH3.jpeg

CD_OH4.jpeg

I didn't know standard Otothorps hand expansion straps on one side

I don't see straps on the new run of camo that was just released.

Latest posts