• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Discs Coming Soon

I might jump at the chance to grab a few from the factory store, but the whole reason I quit throwing my champ cobra was for fear of not finding a [reasonably priced/readily available] replacement. Even a brief regular production run would go a long way to fixing that.

Now they need to come out with a Pro Mako and Champ Pig.

Dunno man, a champ pig would be the meatiest meathook in meatville and a pro mako may get too flippy too fast seeing as it's best used for threading through trees... Just my 2 cents though.

I will be willing to pick up the Star TeeDevil. I never got my hands on the Champion and haven't heard too much about it. I will be willing to check it out though.

that's why i want them. the zone is a meaty meathook in meatville, everybody loves it. i have a 177 pro pig that's already a meaty meathook but it's to sexy to throw, so give me champ plastic that stays meaty meathooky.

and the mako, i want it under-stable. right now it takes forever for me to beat in makos where i want them.

The DX Boss has to be garbage, it just has to be. That mold is at best underwhelming in Star and Champ, worthless in R-pro, and with the quality of DX lately, this might give the Groove some competition as the disc most left intentionally behind on the course.
R-Pro Boss is a different mold (at the very least the core is different) from the Star and Champ Bosses. If the DX is made with the same mold as the premiums, it might not be all that bad. Limited use, sure, and you're definitely right about the quality of DX lately...
Apparently a lot of pros stopped throwing the Boss and went back to Destroyers. I don't even think Feldberg throws a Boss anymore. I could be wrong about this but I swear I read it somewhere.
He only ever threw the proto Pro Bosses, not sure if he still has those.

Man peeps stop hating on the boss. The boss is what it says it is. A BOSS. I love the boss and always have. But then again I'm not one of those people who throws less then 300. The boss is my go to distance driver. It compliments my destroyers very well.

that's why i want them. the zone is a meaty meathook in meatville, everybody loves it. i have a 177 pro pig that's already a meaty meathook but it's to sexy to throw, so give me champ plastic that stays meaty meathooky.

and the mako, i want it under-stable. right now it takes forever for me to beat in makos where i want them.

in my experience the zone, is not a meathook, its a very reliable approach discs, that skips but stops right where i need it too, one of my favorite approach discs seeing as i use it forehand

well every zone i've thrown has been beefy, and more OS than pigs.. so i'm not sure why there would be a complaint about a more OS pig.

honestly i don't get why people like to shoot down current discs in more plastics, if you don't like it then don't throw it. if you don't want a champ pig then don't get one, i'm sure there are people out there that would like to see molds innova already has in more plastics.

^^^ yeah i love the zone and havent really found another disc like it .. champ pig would be uber beefy.. sounds like a blast to me :thmbup: .. only thing i would be afraid of would be the domeyness.. a lot of the champ stuff i have seen coming from the factory store seem to be really domey

Wouldn't mind owning any of these discs. Most interested in Champ Archon (love my star, and it would be good to get a champ that should be just a tad more stable...in theory). Least interested in TL+, I have a love hate relationship with my star tl so i'm not in a hurry to try this new version.

Really baffled by the hate on the Boss. It is by far my most consistent try flyer in the bag (in the max distance driver category). If I stand at the tee pad (on a shot over 350') and have any ounce of doubt as to what I should throw (because of weather or obstacles etc., I throw my star boss, it NEVER lets me down! As far as the dx boss...idk, not real big of dx plastic to begin w/ so I'll probably pass on that.

I was really hoping new plastics of existing molds would include a Champ Vulcan or Champ Wolf. I like having two or three of each disc in my bag, but I worry about understable discs beating up too much.

Just to let you guys....

I spoke with my contact at the innova factory store. They are planning to run Champion Cobras and make them flat by experimenting with the plastic and molding to make that happen. Be on the lookout for these in the upcoming months.

speak to your contact and tell him we need Glow Champ Rhynos

FTFY

you have enough variations of the rhyno, us pig guys need some love.

I was really hoping new plastics of existing molds would include a Champ Vulcan or Champ Wolf. I like having two or three of each disc in my bag, but I worry about understable discs beating up too much.

What's up McClain? Welcome to the forums. :cool:

maybe ill try a teedevil since it wont be at a premium price anymore...

i dont need any of those new ones really.

pro eagle... yes preeeze.

you have enough variations of the rhyno, us pig guys need some love.

A gummy ce pig would definitely be worth a try.

Make this and an XG gazelle or leopard, combine that with a XG roc+ and a XG boss and you have the making of a great winter bag.

Latest posts