• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Discs Coming Soon

It's a slanted rim.

The DX Boss has to be garbage, it just has to be. That mold is at best underwhelming in Star and Champ, worthless in R-pro, and with the quality of DX lately, this might give the Groove some competition as the disc most left intentionally behind on the course.

Champ TL+ might be nifty.

Boss is a tough disc for most people to throw, myself included.. I can't really comfortably throw it backhand. I don't have the power, so I guess it's garbage... I wonder though, if it'll fly well into the wind at 150g?

However, I noticed on Innova's website that Gurthie had once thrown a R-Pro Boss 803 feet.... I am dumfounded at that...

I agree regarding the TL. It sure does look nifty...

champ tl+... hell yes.. although i also want plain champ tls in production.

champ archon... hell yes.. the cfr champs i have are way better than the stars

the rest of the discs.. eh, i dont really care.

the calender... oh yea, "the last calendar you'll ever need... that is, if you're mayan"

Man, I still wish Innova would put the DX stamps on some better plastic....

I think that boss stamp on the DX is just f$%#in' bad. I don't own a boss, and probably never will, but if anything would persuade me, its that stamp.

I too, was hoping that these were going to be new molds, but nice thread regardless.

the dx boss is going to be sold in 150-175g.....don't see why everyone is assuming its gonna be 150?
I think a DX boss will be fun to throw although the usefulness might be limited unless you have a very open course

The TL, Katana and Archon are already available as CFR's (although the current Champ TL's aren't the plus mold). The Champ Archons were extremely limited since I believe they were only released for Am Worlds. This just makes those 3 discs easier to get, but they're not new.

I'm most interested in the TeeDevils.

I think it is interesting that they are putting out some of their established discs in different plastics. I hope they do some more of this in the near future.

Also are any of the new molds produced by innova becoming popular? I see a trend with the teedevil at my home course a lot of players are really liking them and replacing them once lost..

Cheers - Koffee

Now they need to come out with a Pro Mako and Champ Pig.

The DX Boss has to be garbage, it just has to be. That mold is at best underwhelming in Star and Champ, worthless in R-pro, and with the quality of DX lately, this might give the Groove some competition as the disc most left intentionally behind on the course.

scratches head.....looks sideways?

The Boss is a popular disc...most liked it in the original pro....DX destroyers have a following amongst distance guys...why the hate?

Apparently a lot of pros stopped throwing the Boss and went back to Destroyers. I don't even think Feldberg throws a Boss anymore. I could be wrong about this but I swear I read it somewhere. But if pros don't like it, 90% of casual disc golfers can't throw it, and since wide rimmed drivers in DX become insta-flippy on all but the most open courses, then I'm inclined to think it will be garbage. It is a cool stamp and will probably sell like crazy for a little while though.

Really though, I'm just mad that they're doing stuff like this when they could be making pro Eagles. :mad:

The TL plus could be interested, maybe I wont have to hunt done CFR TL's as much any more.

I like how they describe the boss as not designed for players who throw under 300'

:)

I like how they describe the boss as not designed for players who throw under 300'

:)

They surely mean that if you don't throw a Boss under 300'. Should be fine if the Boss gets you from 275' to 300'. A nice strong armed flex shot and you will be bombing those things 300'+

*sarcasm should be assumed

Apparently a lot of pros stopped throwing the Boss and went back to Destroyers. I don't even think Feldberg throws a Boss anymore. I could be wrong about this but I swear I read it somewhere. But if pros don't like it, 90% of casual disc golfers can't throw it, and since wide rimmed drivers in DX become insta-flippy on all but the most open courses, then I'm inclined to think it will be garbage. It is a cool stamp and will probably sell like crazy for a little while though.

Really though, I'm just mad that they're doing stuff like this when they could be making pro Eagles. :mad:

I hear ya!! Or pro Teebirds at a normal price & not the super high over-inflated internet store amounts

DX Boss's are going to sell like hot cakes at your local Dick's and retail stores.
Champ Katans's - Finally reg runs, hopefully they will be domey since flat ones suck and dont glide well.
TeeDevil - meh whatever, still havent thrown one yet
TL + - Interested but will it fly like a TL. I want that nice consistent hyzer flip and reliable fade at the end.

I am curious how a high speed discs like the boss is gonna react to a tree hit the first time....though it might be a popular long D water hole disc at 7.99 a pop
Something like an R-Pro Boss?

None of these discs would find a spot in my bag, but they will make excellent prize discs for a short time