• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

I saw something online late last night with a side by side next to an aviar, looked like the graphics were produced by Innova. Sexton was holding it in the photo...doesn't really mean anything in itself, but with the talk of him throwing the caiman now maybe the grip is getting tighter on them throwing Innova only and not include the extended family any longer.

Or probably more realistic, the "contracts" in the past have been more gentlemen's agreements, now that these guys are getting multi year deals there are actually some ground rules to them? Especially if you're the team captain?

Surprised no one has been talking about the firefly

Fireflys specs shows its somekind copy of Dagger? Flightnumers says it has not so much of glide. Or maybe a Mercy? There also will be new plastic, Nexus.

"will debut in the new "Nexus" plastic, a firm plastic that's grippy and more durable than our DX line. It can handle tee shots. It can even take on the wind."

Firefly: 2-3-0-1 Mercy: 2-4-0-1 Dagger: 2-5-0-1

Firefly:
175.1g
21.1 dia
2.1 height
1.5 rim depth
19.1 inside rim
1.0 rim thickness
7.1 rim config

Mercy:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Maximum weight: 176.0 gram
Height: 2.1 cm
Rim depth: 1.5 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.1 cm
Rim thickness: 1.1 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 7.1 %

Dagger:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Maximum weight: 180.1 gram
Height: 2.1 cm
Rim depth: 1.5 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.1 cm
Rim thickness: 1.0 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 7.1 %

Sexton was holding it in the photo...doesn't really mean anything in itself, but with the talk of him throwing the caiman now maybe the grip is getting tighter on them throwing Innova only and not include the extended family any longer.

Or probably more realistic, the "contracts" in the past have been more gentlemen's agreements, now that these guys are getting multi year deals there are actually some ground rules to them? Especially if you're the team captain?

Discmania has been pushing this mysterious huge news for 2/14/2019... and some are speculating that Discmania and Innova might split apart, etc. If so, then Innova definitely would ask Sexton and their other contracted players to drop Discmania and throw only Innova.

Discmania has been pushing this mysterious huge news for 2/14/2019... and some are speculating that Discmania and Innova might split apart, etc. If so, then Innova definitely would ask Sexton and their other contracted players to drop Discmania and throw only Innova.

This^. Looking at the Firefly profile, it looks a lot like an Aviar. A slightly taller Aviar (Like a p2). Sexton putts with P2s, and he is shown here putting with this disc. So if the speculation is correct, Sexton and other pros would need a P2 like disc to putt with after dropping Discmania discs. Again, pure speculation, but this seems like line up.

Also, same flight numbers as the P2.

Nexus is a portmanteau of Nate Sexton right? Presumably this is a plastic made for Nate.

I'm curious to see if this Nexus plastic is like the Infinite Discs I-blend plastic. I-blend is really good plastic, and I'm just waiting to see when it shows up for Innova somewhere... :popcorn:

I'm curious to see if this Nexus plastic is like the Infinite Discs I-blend plastic. I-blend is really good plastic, and I'm just waiting to see when it shows up for Innova somewhere... :popcorn:

I need to pick up a Sphinx soon because I think the I-Blend plastic is what they used for the new Pro Teebird, but need to confirm for myself. Just waiting for a yellow Sphinx to pop up.

Nexus is a portmanteau of Nate Sexton right? Presumably this is a plastic made for Nate.

19zndp.jpg

Kind of surprised they didn't call this an AviarSomething and cash in on the name.

Kind of surprised they didn't call this an AviarSomething and cash in on the name.

Innova has used and abused the Aviar name to just about the point they can't do much more with it. There's the P&A, the Classic, the Big Bead, the KC Pro, the Yeti, the Aviar3, the AviarX3, and so on and so forth. This is actually a chance to branch out with some names and stop the massive confusion... :popcorn:

Innova has used and abused the Aviar name to just about the point they can't do much more with it. There's the P&A, the Classic, the Big Bead, the KC Pro, the Yeti, the Aviar3, the AviarX3, and so on and so forth. This is actually a chance to branch out with some names and stop the massive confusion... :popcorn:

The "VRoc" is using and abusing a name...this disc is so obviously an Aviar variant that it should have the historic name.

The "VRoc" is using and abusing a name...this disc is so obviously an Aviar variant that it should have the historic name.

Roc is certainly another one that has been used as much as possible to cash in on a popular mold name. Roc, Rancho Roc, Roc3, RocX3, Roc+, Classic Roc...No wonder many people "only throw Rocs for mids." Well when you've got 6 different mold variants to choose from but still call them all Rocs, then yeah it's not too difficult.

I'm lost, did Innova release a new Roc or Aviar name vairiant? Or are people just complaining because they didn't?

Complaining that they didn't. More specifically, complaining that the Firefly was not named the 'Aviar2' or 'AviarP2' or 'SexyAviar' or something... :|

Isn't mcpro plastic the same as kc pro? Just a moniker given to the mcbeth aviar

Latest posts