• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"New" Teebird

victorb said:
I picked up a tournament stamped TB+ last weekend at our local B-Tier. Flies really nice, and glides like the dickens - even for a teebird. Not so understable that you can't tell it isn't a teebird, but I'd guess it isn't that great in a headwind. The feel is still a little odd to me, but I could certainly get used to it.

I think I'm going to retract this statement. I have way too many slip outs throwing these with a power grip. Not as noticeable with the R+ since I use a modified fan grip.

Not a consistent enough release for my particular grip and style. The slip outs have cost me too many strokes on the course already, and it's a shame since the T+ flies pretty well.

I picked a cfr glow Teebird + up off gggt last week just to try one out. After about 30-40 throws I'd say its as stable as most production run Teebirds I've thrown. It's not as overstable as all the reviews I've read say... but it could be due to the run. Has a slight turn and a soft fade. Pretty straight like most Teebirds with good glide. I did have have about a dozen crap throws due to the slanted rim so it wont be staying in the bag though.

Picked one up yesterday and added it to the bag. I normally throw my Star TB around 300+', and I found the TB+ to be slightly more overstable than my Star, but I'll chalk that up to the extra weight (Champ is 175, Star is 171) and the plastic. However, it really did not fly too overstable. I actually like the beefier feel, especially on forehand drives. Not so sure how everyone else found this to be too stable, especially since my max D is only around 325'

The highlight of my round with the TB+ was a forehand shot out of trouble. Threw it out of the woods with a touch of hyzer and it sailed right to the basket. Probably a 250' hyzer route. I feel like the glide is the same as my other TB's, and the fade still has a lot of forward motion.

Fightingthetide said:
Not so sure how everyone else found this to be too stable, especially since my max D is only around 325'.
Easy: Innova can't make a consistent product.

jubuttib said:
Fightingthetide said:
Not so sure how everyone else found this to be too stable, especially since my max D is only around 325'.
Easy: Innova can't make a consistent product.

Neither can any other manufacturer. The reason that so many people notice this more with Innova or Discraft is that their number of runs of a mold is MUCH higher than that of a smaller disc producer.

rehder said:
Neither can any other manufacturer. The reason that so many people notice this more with Innova or Discraft is that their number of runs of a mold is MUCH higher than that of a smaller disc producer.
Didn't mean to imply anyone else could. Though MVP comes pretty close.

jubuttib said:
rehder said:
Didn't mean to imply anyone else could. Though MVP comes pretty close.

Actually this is not certain. Im not knocking on MVP but they arent close to doing the number of runs that Innova/Discraft are doing. I hope you are right and that they will provide an incentive for other companies to follow suit. But time will tell if they can live up to it.

Plastics are a fickle bitch, so many variables its amazing they produce as well as they have. speaking from experience.