• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"New" Teebird

colombo117 said:
I asked the same question and was told that the original Teebird mold will remain.

Awesome then. I love a good stable TeeBird, but I love a straight one too, and it would just be a bitch if I had to start beating them up again, and with a beefier disc too.

Is it just me , or is Innova copying Lat 64? Was there any older discs that had the canter in the rim or was Lat 64 the first? I remember Dave D saying that he doesn't try out other companies discs so he doesn't really know why they do what they do, but it seems to me that he can't just think he made this up.

Is this a current legal disc? Are these PDGA legal b/c they are a Teebird already?

i honestly have no idea what you guys are all talking about. i bought two of these things and they fly no more stable than any other 11x teebird ive had that was relatively stable. still though i dont like them cause of the rim.

lordbyron001 said:
i honestly have no idea what you guys are all talking about. i bought two of these things and they fly no more stable than any other 11x teebird ive had that was relatively stable. still though i dont like them cause of the rim.

where did you get yours? The DGV ones are def. more over stable than any other TB.

I remember reading earlier in this thread that some colors were stupid overstable while others were very close to normal Teebirds...

lordbyron001 said:

Check the rim width and get back to us. the X has a bigger rim. I got a 'new mold teebird' from a tournament awhile back and it was just a normal teebird. I also got the teebird-x at doubles in bg and it is indeed an overstable teebird.

I got my yellow from DGV and I dare say it is MORE overstable than a firebird...and it gives me serious early release issues with its lame sloped rim.

tigel said:
Check the rim width and get back to us. the X has a bigger rim. I got a 'new mold teebird' from a tournament awhile back and it was just a normal teebird. I also got the teebird-x at doubles in bg and it is indeed an overstable teebird.

What's a teebird-x and where can I get one?

got mine from ls discs they are slanted rim and everything so they are certainly plusses. just arent very stable.

lordbyron001 said:
got mine from ls discs they are slanted rim and everything so they are certainly plusses. just arent very stable.

well hot diggity damn. maybe I'll give one a shot because mine is as overstable as an ape on antidepressants

I switched to these about two weeks ago. All three of my Teebird + fly exactly like my old Teebirds. I tend to enjoy the slanted rim, although I did like the regular ones too.

uh so I got another teebird+ to mess with and it is actually really nice. Less stable than a normal star or champ teebird, the rim isn't that bad and it has a decent amount of glide. Am I a bad person for liking it?

Frank Delicious said:
uh so I got another teebird+ to mess with and it is actually really nice. Less stable than a normal star or champ teebird, the rim isn't that bad and it has a decent amount of glide. Am I a bad person for liking it?

No, you were a bad person before that :p

Frank Delicious said:
From what source? Maybe the ones that didn't get MASHED with that Big D stamp are the better ones?

NoLifeLeft said:
Frank Delicious said:
From what source? Maybe the ones that didn't get MASHED with that Big D stamp are the better ones?

From a local tourney, it was actually bottom stamped which I am sure helped preserve it's dome.

Star Shark said:
Frank Delicious said:

No, you were a bad person before that :p

You sir, have an awesome name/avatar. I approve.

I picked up a tournament stamped TB+ last weekend at our local B-Tier. Flies really nice, and glides like the dickens - even for a teebird. Not so understable that you can't tell it isn't a teebird, but I'd guess it isn't that great in a headwind. The feel is still a little odd to me, but I could certainly get used to it.

Obviously it's not as nice of a disc as the 11x teebirds, but it is a really good disc regardless.