• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"New" Teebird

How do these differ from PDs? Essentially the exact same description listed for both discs by the people that throw them...

The PD is faster, longer, more overstable. IMO it's a distance driver where the TB is more like a long fairway driver that excells at going straight. This new teebird is not a teebird.

TeamTollandDG said:
The PD is faster, longer, more overstable. IMO it's a distance driver where the TB is more like a long fairway driver that excells at going straight. This new teebird is not a teebird.

So basically the TB+ is a Banshee?

I've never thrown a banshee but my yellow TB+s are shorter and more overstable than a tb, with a slanted rim.

TeamTollandDG said:
I've never thrown a banshee but my yellow TB+s are shorter and more overstable than a tb, with a slanted rim.

aside from the slanted rim, sounds a lot like a banshee.

Mine is yellow, stiff with the slanted inner rim. It flew VERY overstable and I had major early release issues with it.

Dave, does your blue have the slanted inner rim?

man i'm glad i didn't buy any of these.

Aaron_D said:
lametastic.

I think innova just guaranteed "old" teebirds will be worth some serious bank one day.

old mold isn't going anywhere, despite the lulz in this thread.

It makes sense that adding weight to the rim would make the disc more overstable. I guess it just adds another dimension to disc minimalism.

Got them today. 3 of the 4 Teebirds have a pearly/cloudy rim and the other one is totally clear. All four of the PDs have a cloudy rims, too. Is that just how it works?

mzuleger said:
It makes sense that adding weight to the rim would make the disc more overstable. I guess it just adds another dimension to disc minimalism.

Teebirds and TB+'s aren't minimalistically one mold.

There are two parts to why minimalism works:

1) The flight pattern is the same or very similar between your discs (especially in the same plastic) and if it isn't its because you spent the time learning it's nuances as you broke it in.

2) The feel is the same between the discs.

It sounds like the TB+ is different from the TB in both these regards (its overstable instead of stable, and the feel is different due to the slanted rim).

There's some mold changes that I feel still fall within minimalism. The MOLF 1.2 (2.1!) probably fits into this category even though it has a different top, for example.

DGC has some TB+ CFR glow discs. I thought about this for a while and this doesn't make sense to me... I thought the mold was changing to allow the possibility of the clear-candy... CFR glow isn't a clear-candy so what's the benefit here? Any theories?