• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"New" Teebird

mzuleger said:
DGC has some TB+ CFR glow discs. I thought about this for a while and this doesn't make sense to me... I thought the mold was changing to allow the possibility of the clear-candy... CFR glow isn't a clear-candy so what's the benefit here? Any theories?

three words:

$.

$.

$.

(not that there's anything wrong with that... you go on with yo bad self big I.)

Thankfully I only bought 2 of these one to keep just to hang it on a wall cause the plastic looks so nice and one to throw, well I threw it and it's nothing like a Teebird, hell it shouldn't even be called a Teebird it's an insult to the real Teebird (Sorry TB I apologize for your daddy naming your terrible younger brother the same as you and just putting a + sign after his name.)

This thing will not go in my bag. If anyone one wants to try one out I'm selling mine, I think it's $10 bucks right now in my trade list. Grab it if you're interested!

Tim Red Beard

What does your Teebird do that a Teebird+ can't do. Also how long did you throw it for (# of rounds).

nohr said:
Tim Red Beard

What does your Teebird do that a Teebird+ can't do. Also how long did you throw it for (# of rounds).

My Teebird goes straight and I mean super straight. Teebird+ = OVERSTABLE I throw this thing just like my 12X Champ Teebird and it hooks left like a mother!!! Same weight on both of them. Totally different flight in my opinion. Teebird+ will not hold a straight line like my Teebird does.

My champ Teebird has a ton of rounds on it however, I have thrown a brand new 12X Teebird same weight as the Brand New Teebird+ and it was the same result.

Teebird = Straight and long.
Teebird+ = Overstable hyzer left hard after 100ft.

I guess what I was looking for was how many rounds with the Teebird+?

I would like to think that I can also throw a Teebird straight. I have a couple of these arriving so I will let you know how I feel about them.

nohr said:
I guess what I was looking for was how many rounds with the Teebird+?

I would like to think that I can also throw a Teebird straight. I have a couple of these arriving so I will let you know how I feel about them.

Rounds and field work with the Teebird plus has to be over 200 throws, same results. Sorry that's just me, I'll stick with the regular Teebird. If you find you like them let me know I'll sell you mine for $10 bucks.

TRB

My yellows are overstable, but my blues are perfect teebirds. They fly almost like brand new clear 11x teebirds, with the right amount of glide and stability.

I'm throwing the blue's just like i'm throwing my echo stars, hyzer flip to flat for long D.

Trey133 said:
My yellows are overstable, but my blues are perfect teebirds. They fly almost like brand new clear 11x teebirds, with the right amount of glide and stability.

I'm throwing the blue's just like i'm throwing my echo stars, hyzer flip to flat for long D.

is the rim crazy slanted on the blue ones too?

I found the green ones to be burly teebirds...similar to a brand new 11x. The stiffer plastic seems to make it a bit beefy. The red or merlot or champagne or whatever color...is a brick.

Spent a little time with this the other night. I was a yellow stiff teebird+ with a 12x champ teebird. The teebird+ was a little more overstable than the 12x. Several times when I hit the same line with both discs they had similar flight patterns.

The thing I don't understand is why fight this new mold. If you like teebirds and they are changing the mold of CFRs to this shouldn't you learn to throw it? I don't know about you guys/gals but I am a freakin basket case. If you tell me this disc is going to fly a certain way it probably will.

I now have about 18 older star teebirds in my fav weights as well as a small stock up on C PD's for my overstable teebird slot. Although i'm not really phased positively or negatively by the new mold, this just gave me incentive to make sure I have what I like in the backup boxes.

nohr said:
The thing I don't understand is why fight this new mold. If you like teebirds and they are changing the mold of CFRs to this shouldn't you learn to throw it?
Learn to throw a shitty disc you don't like. No.

The regular teebird is still being made.

Aubin said:
$.

$.

$.

(not that there's anything wrong with that... you go on with yo bad self big I.)
the higher selling price of CFRs puts that $$$ in the pockets of TDs and payouts ... Innova doesn't make extra $$$ from those. CFRs wholesale the same as any other low-volume wholesale rate.

Far less outrage-worthy :(
CFRs contain extra petroleum gotten from super dubious means. If that helps any :)

Just to be clear, this is only in CFR right, and not regular production?? I am going to be majorly pissed if they get rid of the current TB mold and switch it all over to the TeeBird+. To me the disc just sounds like a Banshee, and if I wanted a Banshee then I'd buy a Banshee.