• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbs make my day on a daily basis

All I've learned from this thread is that im not going to MN to play because obviously it's full of douchebags that think their better than you.

"No, seriously you can easily get a putter there and everyone knows that"

douchbaggiest remarks of the night.

I wish I was nearly as cool as the OP. Not helping him makes you average. Posting your disdain for new players here makes you a dick.

sometimes I have release issues and a disc will slip out of my hand before I get any snap on it.....and I get the eye rolls about how my disc selection is off and Im throwing too stable plastic
Truth is my form sucks lol If your gonna bash someone know what youre talking bout

I had 3 guys in front of me on 1 tee off. I was waiting for them to hole out and they wave me on. I grip lock the damn thing and throw it 90 degrees to my right. I laughed and shrugged. I'm sure they were thinking what a moron. I pull another disc and throw it hoping to the great spagetti monster I don't look like an ass twice. Thankfully I parked it and redeemed myself. But you know what. I have only thrown an actual 5 months. So why would I care if they think I suck? I throw with good people who a month ago were random strangers. No one makes fun of anyone. We laugh with each other at bad throws. We cheer for good ones and we have a great time.

It is all marketing. Thing is if this so called noob sticks with the sport he will dig deeper and see what potentially awaits him. He will find a roc or a buzz and pick up a teebird or an eagle out of curiosity or watching pros online throw them and realize that disc speed and stability aren't all they are cracked up to be. He'll realize he doesn't need a speed 13 disc to throw far and in the process he'll learn the finer points of the game. And if he doesn't, well then he is going to have a good time throwing his ape 250'.

Either way its exposure to disc golf and exposure for the game.

Throw on NOOBZ, throw on!

Wow, you guys are a little harsh here.
Im still laughing at the OP to due to last statement the kid said.
"yeah thats an Ape"

Yes help, but at least he didnt laugh in their face and call them idiots.

I look at newer players as trading opportunities. I get the latest and greatest for cheap, they get a much better disc to learn with and I usually play a few holes with them.

But I still prefer the kids that bring out the older brothers old discs... CE & kc pro anyone?

I wonder how many ignore lists I am on at this point? Thats fine, I just hope that those lists don't affect my PM's for marketplace items, that forum is all business / no trolling!

I obviously don't wish the kid ill, its not like I told him he sucked and should go kill himself. Like I said, its ok to not throw far. Its just shocking that he would get sold an Ape. The funny part about the whole situation was that he thought he could throw 250' because of the magical properties of the Ape mold. As I said, I almost guarantee he could throw much farther and more accurately with a different disc.

As to those who say I should have helped him out right there on the spot, I say, really? If you have bad spots in your form, do you really want a complete stranger going up to you in public and criticising it? When I head into guitar (rent a) center to noodle on a les paul I could never afford, the worst thing is to have some burnout come up and tell me to put some Lydian scales into my licks. All right john petrucci, I will sure do that, now get out of my face!

The shocking thing is that they didn't sell him a Shark or a Buzzz, and then just wait for the return sale for the Ape. You know they are coming back for it anyway, right?

And the worse part about guitar center are the burnouts that work there... and they do give the worse advice ever.

I started with a 150 cheetah. I don't even know how far I threw, and at 10 years old, I don't think I cared.

All I've learned from this thread is that im not going to MN to play because obviously it's full of douchebags that think their better than you.

"No, seriously you can easily get a putter there and everyone knows that"

douchbaggiest remarks of the night.

Come on now, were a good state all in all. Yes a few too many disrespectful high school stoner deuches on some courses (rosland and starring anyone?) but all in all were a great disc golf state

Hey man I'm a noob, I have a bunch of discs I can't throw. I bet you I will be out there giving it hell this weekend. To answer your question, if I was throwing, and you noticed something about my form or technique, I would gladly listen to your criticizm good or bad, thats how I will get better. Also do keep in mind, not everyone is DG'ing to conquer the world, some of us are playing to get out of the house. Enjoy some peace and quiet, and just have fun.

Noobs UNITE! (raises fist).....

I'm still a "noob" pretty much I guess.... I mean heck, I've only been playing for a little over 2 years. The fastest disc I have in my bag right now is a Z-Flash that I can seem to get some pretty righteous distance on.

I mean who gives a shat what these kids are throwing. Now I will admit, if I see a noob/kid throwing an Ape/Boss/Groove (etc.) on a 150 foot hole for example I will first chuckle inside and then offer them some advice. Maybe....:\

I'm still a "noob" pretty much I guess.... I mean heck, I've only been playing for a little over 2 years. The fastest disc I have in my bag right now is a Z-Flash that I can seem to get some pretty righteous distance on.

I mean who gives a shat what these kids are throwing. Now I will admit, if I see a noob/kid throwing an Ape/Boss/Groove (etc.) on a 150 foot hole for example I will first chuckle inside and then offer them some advice. Maybe....:\

I threw a 1st Run ESP Nuke on a 179ft hole in the woods last night and landed next to the basket. Am I a noob?

I threw a 1st Run ESP Nuke on a 179ft hole in the woods last night and landed next to the basket. Am I a noob?

You are a noob with 18+ years of experience.:rolleyes:

Nah bro..... Throw what you like man. If it works for you go with it. We already know you can throw down Chris.:|

My 2 sons play with me. They are 8 and 11 yrs old. I could only have wished I found this sport when I was that age but nonetheless, we're playing now. After I bought them each one disc, mid-range, they were hooked. My 8yr old used his own money and bought himself a destroyer. Yes a destoyer. He throws it a maximum of 30 feet and freakin loves it everytime. He throws his Shark twice as far but the excitement that comes over him when he pulls that destroyer out of his bag is something wonderful. I realize he's a kid but to the point...Ball golf and most any other sport has the same issues. The new $300 driver that makes you believe it will improve your drive and better your game.

What did the APE cost the kid? Probably the most of $15. The same amount it would have cost him for something else maybe more appropriate, but he's excited to go play.

And BTW...A word to Sloppy Disc earlier in this thread...anytime you want to play a round I'm ready. :)

I was admitting my faults, asking for forgiveness and advice, not acceptance. Why won't anyone help me?

C'mon now CH! You've been playing for 18+ years. You are exempt from advice (at least you should be). What am I gonna tell you that you dont already know?.... Not only that, who am I to really tell anyone?

You could have used a putter on that 179' hole but you chose not to.... like I said, you are exempt my friend.....:D

179'!!! He should have turbo putter his Polecat dammit! Loser with no game.

...as Sloppy throws his XXX thumber on the same hole.