• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

How do I put a picture in my post? Like if right below this sentence I wanted to post a pic of a disc I got or something.

Everytime I try and use a power grip, I get grip lock. Is this an issue with my timing, or am I gripping the disc too hard?

it is more than likely a timing issue. most griplocks have nothing to do grip. your other grip is probably allowing your discs to slip out of your hand, so it is a timing issue.

probably gripping too hard if its locking

you can't grip to hard at the right time, but you can grip to hard at the wrong times. ideally you want to have a relaxed grip right before and up to the hit, and then you want to grip the shiz out of it.

What does this mean: "Pool A follows the USDGC model .........tee times on a 21 holes "

Does it mean one round per day?

Yes. That means that anyone playing in pool A will play one 21-hole round on tee times... basically how ball golf events are run.

What does this mean: "Pool A follows the USDGC model .........tee times on a 21 holes "

Does it mean one round per day?

more of an equipment n00b question but... would it be recommended to purchase multiple discs of the same mold in high and low weight or buy a single and break it in and then get a new one later to complement it? just going off general experience here. is the over/under stability of different weights enough to warrant purchase of two discs at once vs waiting til the break-in period is over.

thinking <170 and >=175

Weight doesn't affect stability as much as many people think. I highly recommend buying a single and breaking it in and then get a new one. For example, buy a Teebird and a Leopard, then once the Teebird wears in, buy a new Teebird and ditch the Leopard (or keep as a roller disc, etc.). Or, you could buy a Champ Teebird and a DX Teebird and thrash the DX one with some thumbers and tree hits and use that Teebird for understable until the Champ eventually wears in.

Now, having a drastically lighter version can be nice for distance, it's easier to get a 150 Eagle up to speed compared to a 175 Eagle.

Does higher lower wight in a driver affect the ease of getting the nose down at all? For example, would it be more difficult or less difficult to get the nose down on a 150 Teebird versus a 175 Teebird?

Weight doesn't affect stability as much as many people think.

it does if you have something that is way outside of your ideal weight range. if you are a beginner, unless you have a cannon arm - you do not need anything over 170 besides a putter (maybe).

discs that are too heavy and not flying up to speed will act (relatively) overstable. A 150 eagle isn't necessarily 'less stable' than a 175 eagle - it just has a lower cruise speed and is easier to get the intended flight characteristics from the disc.

Equipment opinion...

Still very new to the sport and the forums. I'm currently using a Camelbak Cloudwalker as my bag.
I'm throwing two drivers, one mid, and one putter. I also carry my camera, phone, keys, and a towel.

Thinking about a Disc specific bag, however, my current set-up works just fine, (also thinking that I should learn the game a bit more before thinking of gear).

Tell me why I should upgrade or why I should leave it alone.

Equipment opinion...

Still very new to the sport and the forums. I'm currently using a Camelbak Cloudwalker as my bag.
I'm throwing two drivers, one mid, and one putter. I also carry my camera, phone, keys, and a towel.

Thinking about a Disc specific bag, however, my current set-up works just fine, (also thinking that I should learn the game a bit more before thinking of gear).

The Camebak is a great choice for a disc bag if you can fit the disc's you need in it. I wish mine was big enough for disc's. I don't think you really need a disc bag untill you have multiple disc's of the same mold in different stages of wear. If you only have 4 disc's there is no reason to get a bag. I would suggest maybe getting a few back ups of what you have right now and work on learning just those 4 disc's. If you really want a disc bag play in an Ace Race. The bag that you get isn't the best but it will hold up to 9-10 disc's and you get 2 putters for playing and its a fun time.

If it works, why spend money on a bag that doesn't improve your game?

I have been tossing the idea around of getting a larger bag, but have held back because larger bags = the ability to carry more discs, and I'm pretty comfortable with the discs in my bag right now. I don't feel like I don't have a disc for a shot I would need. At this point, the only reason I would be upgrading my bag would be for a 2nd water holster, and larger pockets (specifically one for a golden retriever would be nice, that eats up a lot of space in the main compartment).

Found a cooler at walmart that fits 22 disc nice and snug for only 12.99 looks just a normal
disc golf bag, Even has a water bottle holder.

Would it be dumb to buy it:)

Equipment opinion...

If it isn't broken...

Latest posts