• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

If you're PDGA number expires at the end of the year, you play an event in January, and renew in August, does the event count towards my rating??

http://www.pdga.com/faq

If I join/renew late in the year, can I add past event results to my stats?

Yes, if it is within the current calendar year. Just send an email listing the event(s), division and place of finish to [email protected] and we will add the event(s) to your stats. There may be a delay in seeing an event in your stats if the tournament report has not been submitted by the tournament director. A good way to check this is to see if the online results state "Unofficial" or "Official". If it states "Official", the tournament report is in our possession and the event can be added.

i read that to get a rating over 900 you have to have someone join by your recomendation or something? is this true and if it is where does that person put your name?

Are there any other companies that make backpack bag/seat besides gorilla boy simian?

Does the innova seat that connects to your bag work well?

Thanks

Are there any other companies that make backpack bag/seat besides gorilla boy simian?

Does the innova seat that connects to your bag work well?

Thanks

Grip Equipment makes two tournament bags, here's the link, here's a pic:

tumblr_lobr14Wayi1qhena8.jpg

Not sure about the Innova seat though, hope this helped.

^you can't really sit on those though. I think that's what he was asking.

can someone explain to me the different molds? i have a star ontario and have heard nothing but bad things about it and also have a 2008 and 2009 USDGC stamped roc. to clarify. its is one single roc with a 2008 USDGC stamp and also a 2009 USDGC stamp on the same disc and everyone wants that one. how do the ontarios fly different from the others and so on and so fourth. thanks and sorry for being a noob.

Rancho>San Marino>Ontario from most overstable to least. Rancho is your run of the mill Roc every one loves, Ontarios are your least overstable, almost understable Roc. A good comparison of an Ontario would be a Comet. One of those USDGC Star Ontarios are really nice apparently, I can't remember which year but I think you've answered that question for us already. :)

its in "my bag" which is posted in my sig. its a red one near the first dew discs and here is a pic of the stamp. i wanna know why it is a 2008 and 2009. did one of the employees hang onto it for a year and do that?
IMG_20111218_193821.jpg

It's a double stamp X-out I guess. Sometimes they goof up the hotstamps at the factory and that's what you get.

Tyler...

If you took a fresh/new Rancho and threw it flat it would go straight and then fade left. If you took a seasoned Rancho and threw it flat it would start straight and then fade ever so gently to the right and finish back to the left just a tad. When a Rancho gets really seasoned it becomes just a gentle right turning disc...the old DX Rancho's were the "BEST," anny mids on the market....you could snap those things as hard as you wanted and they just took off like a bullet and would just glide forever...

If you take a fresh Ontario and threw it flat it will go straight and have that slightly right turn into it's flight already and gently fade back left when it slows down. Ontarios are basically a seasoned Rancho. But the more an Ontario breaks in the more hyzer you have to throw in on to stop it from being a right turning disc. By the way....Ontario's are great anny mids.....man do they love a nice hard snap in the anny position....they just take that line and hold it forever!!

But with all Rocs you have to get a little height to them and they just soar!

Does Innova make a putter that is comparable to a SOFT Magnet?
Also what is the equivalent to the Aviar in a Discraft putter?
Just curious.

You just answared both of your ?'s the Aviar putter is the Magnet equivalent. According to Joe's Flight Chart.

Does Innova make a putter that is comparable to a SOFT Magnet?
Also what is the equivalent to the Aviar in a Discraft putter?
Just curious.

i think the magnet is a bit faster (compare rim profiles) and more low-speed overstable than a regular beadless aviar, but nowhere as beefy as a big bead. i think a millennium omega would be the closest as far as feel and flight. innova's r-pro is close to the feel of a soft magnet as far as plastic goes.

Latest posts