• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

The + modles have a slight slanting outward of the rim. It is saposed to give a cleaner release but I have not throwen one yot.

The + modles have a slight slanting outward of the rim. It is saposed to give a cleaner release but I have not throwen one yot.

I throw the Lat. 64 Riot which has a very noticeable + rim and will agree it comes out cleaner but can be cause for early release also specially on the opto plastic but makes easier to power down also as the disc comes out with less snap.

+ rim. The inside of the rim is slanted more towards the center of the disc. I don't think the rims on any discs are truely vertical but the + rims are exagerated

Interesting. Thanks guys! I'm thinking about picking up a teebird plus....do you recommend it? or should I steer clear of the plus

I'm a big fan of the 11x eagles and have seen a couple of people in the market place and else where mention a ce blend champion plastic. Is there any validity to this or is that just what they call opaque champions?

CE was a very early blend of champion plastic that was discontinued by innova in the early 2000's. it is different than the champion plastic today, and much pricier. I'm not sure what, if any 11x molds were cast in CE. Three Putt or apdrvya could answer most of your CE questions if you contact them.

CE was a very early blend of champion plastic that was discontinued by innova in the early 2000's. it is different than the champion plastic today, and much pricier. I'm not sure what, if any 11x molds were cast in CE. Three Putt or apdrvya could answer most of your CE questions if you contact them.

or booter, cali, or lion

ok, my dumb question because I'm lacking search skills right now is where can I find the link on a discussion over at DGR about a story of two people and disc selection. One continues with fast discs and the other throws slower discs and in the end gets better distance with them. I'm just asking because i liked the post but cant find it. Any help would be appreciated. thank you!

Is it okay to play with a disc that's been dyed, right after it was dyed? Within say 4 hours?

Depends on the type of plastic, star/esp or champ/z, or other brands.
If you want the dye to "take" better, it it is recommended that you you cool it in the freezer for a couple hrs.
Otherwise, if you have rinsed the disc, and dried it, it should be OK to play.

That and there's a possibility that the dye will rub off on your other discs.

Hi!

Ive been lurking all summer- thanks for the knowledge. I've learned my game is inaccurate, noncompetitive, and full of oats.

-what is oop plastic?
-why is first run plastic so desireable?
-is cfr the same as champion quality?
-my drives sometimes come off with a wobble. Is this cause im new and sloppy? Is this OAT? Ive read up, but im still struggling to get them long and smooth (dont make a joke:sick:)
-is there a dg site with more than a handfull of people from the northwest?

Sorry ive only read half of this, got tired, and just asked.

Hi!

Ive been lurking all summer- thanks for the knowledge. I've learned my game is inaccurate, noncompetitive, and full of oats.

I think yyou mean "full of OAT." OAT is an accronym that stands for Off Axis Torque.

-what is oop plastic?

Out Of Production. Normally, we talk of a disc going out of production, but there are a few plastics that are OOP, like CE plastic, which is no longer available from the supplier.

I doubt it is the plastic thatis first run. Rather, the disc is a first run in a particular plastic. Each run tends to fly a little differently due to various factors, like changes in the plastic formulation over time, which the disc manufacturers don't control. The plastic suppliers buy their ingredients from different suppliers and change a supplier or change the formulation to save money or in response to complaints from another purchaser using the plastic for a different purpose, etc. Discs molds are also reportedly tweaked over time, and it's speculated that the discs runs can cool at different rates depending on weather when the run is produced, resulting in more or less dome, for example. So people who are used to throwing a disc of a particular run might try to replace it with another disc of the same run. The first run is somewhat collectable, but it is also going to be the most rare run available because people have been playing with them and losing them longer. That tends to drive up the price a bit.

Champion is a plastic, not a quality. CFR stands for Custom Fund Raiser or Candy Fund Raiser, because they are nonstandard production runs that are produced only for tournaments. So if you are looking for a DX big bead aviar, for example, or a champion gazelle, those would be CFR because they are not in standard production.
-my drives sometimes come off with a wobble. Is this cause im new and sloppy? Is this OAT? Ive read up, but im still struggling to get them long and smooth (dont make a joke:sick:)

Yes, that's OAT. Focus on learning to drive putters, then mids, and then take an understable driver (such as a leopard) and learn to throw hyzers with it when you try.

Not that I know of. This one is the most active DG forum I know of.

Last edited:
Has anyone else developed "tennis elbow" from playing DG, and how long was it until a full recovery?

I am still feeling pain in the morning and at odd moments. I have not played in a while, and have not gripped a disc hard in months.

How do you know when a disc is starting to beat in? I have a Star Teebird 170g, and about 3 out of 5 times I can get it to do a slight S curve. I have had it for less than a year, approx 10 months. I have been using it for my main driver from march until the present. It has seen its fair share of tree hits, but is still in good shape. I also have 2 other star teebirds and I just cant get them to s Curve. Both of the other two were found in a lake, still in good shape however, so I have no idea what the previous owners did to them. They still fly straight and fade at the end. Will the other two teebirds ever break in? I have been using them more and saving my S curve teebird because I don't want it to get flippy.

I guess the next question, and I'm sure this has been asked a million times, is how do you know when a disc is flippy?
Thanks in advance to the great disc gurus on this site.:thmbup:

I'm dealing with the same thing. I think it's due to poor technique/lack of follow through and trying to strong arm the disc. I'm RHBH but am naturally left handed, so i'm working on my LHBH and LHFH also. I'm just leaving my right arm alone for a couple of months (except putting practice). I'm still going to need to learn how to throw properly, as i'm a 240-300' thrower.

Hi!

-what is oop plastic?

Sorry ive only read half of this, got tired, and just asked.

On your second to last question:

If you are throwing forehand, and your disc is wobbling right afte th release, this is NOT oat! This is caused by having a to high of a arm speed to wrist snap ratio. slow down the arm speed and concentrate on your wrist snap. You will see a big difference

Has anyone else developed "tennis elbow" from playing DG, and how long was it until a full recovery?

I am still feeling pain in the morning and at odd moments. I have not played in a while, and have not gripped a disc hard in months.

I did not get it from Dg , but I do have tendinitis in both elbows and shoulders. It is no joke!! Take time for a full recovery!! Once you get it, it never goes away

Latest posts