• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Okay another question.. Does weight have any affect on how much a disc fade at the end. So if I had two Champ Valk one was 160g and the other was 170g would they both tail off the same at the end if there was no wind whatsoever.

If they were both from the same run, then most likely yes, you wont be able to see any difference.

NOOB QUESTION: How do I add 'Throwing Style:' 'Courses Played:' 'Years Played:' to my profile

When Innova first introduced CE plastic, it was the leader in durability over thier other choices, which were the DX and Pro blends.

The new plastic held its original flight characteristics far longer than anything else they had made, by far, tree hit after tree hit, crash landing after crash landing.

The one downside it had was, it got slick when it was wet. or cold, which made it hard to grip.

Star was introduced to have a plastic that offered better durability than Pro , or DX, but superior grip, in any conditions.

It does this VERY WELL.

The best feeling plastic from most companies, including Lat GL, Westside Tourney, and Star, are all very similar, and also the most expensive.

Star does beat in faster than Champ, but thats not always a bad thing.
A disc usually gains glide as it wears, extending its distance, Star just gets to the sweet spot faster than Champ does.

It just depends on what you want the disc to do for you, and how soon.

I dont mind paying more for Star plastic, I prefer the grip over Champion, its worth the extra buck or two.

Echo is a scam though. :D

Thanks man, I've only been in the game for about two years so it's good to know the history of it.

So, I thought I would add a few thoughts here that I have when putting. If anyone wants to chime in, feel free. This is a list I made for myself when I'm practicing and hopefully creating muscle memory, but also something I can refer to if my putting isn't going so well during a round.

1. Think Ballerina: Smooth amd Graceful Movement

2. Rock back and forth a few times before you putt so you remember to push off

3. Graceful leg extension in conjunction with arm and wrist extension. This gives me balance, like two opposing levers.

4. Pinch disc with thumb and bird finger to create a pivot point (even tho they don't exactly line up)
**Side Note: how come no one on DGCR ever told me to apply pressure with my thumb and finger? I have struggled w/my putter looking like a wounded duck for 3 yrs!**

5. Vertebral extension on follow-thru w/small amt of Anny on long putts. Mostly created by fully extending my body and arm towards the basket.

6. Take your time, you have 30 seconds.

Last edited:
I forget to push off when I putt sometimes and it always goes either low or short. But when I remember to reach for the basket and push off I make a good deal more putts.

I forget to push off when I putt sometimes and it always goes either low or short. But when I remember to reach for the basket and push off I make a good deal more putts.

I do the same thing. It is total extension of every part of your body towards the basket.

I shouldn't have said "twist" in my original post, what Elaine King does is not so much a twist as it is arcing of her back to get that Anny Angle with her putter. It's pretty much the same form: 'sticking your chest out and bending your spine backwards' on an anny drive.

Elaine's putt is money...probably up to 40 ft.

4. Pinch disc with thumb and bird finger to create a pivot point (even tho they don't exactly line up)
**Side Note: how come no one on DGCR ever told me to apply pressure with my thumb and finger? I have struggled w/my putter looking like a wounded duck for 3 yrs!**

Thanks for this tid bit..... I had been cradling the bead with my dip joint (farthest joint from knuckle) of my index finger and placing most of the pressure between that and thumb. Result..... wounde duck. Just switched to mip on my index finger and pinching with my middle finger and thumb and now they look pretty.... and hopefully catch the chains better.:thmbup:

Sorry if it has already been covered, but several 'searches' have given me zero results. My simple question is..... If you have two of the same mold in the same plastic and similar weights and one is flat and one is domey........which is more likely to be more overstable and why?

Thanks, Mashnut.......to be more specific.... I have 2 champ orcs.... And was just wondering which one (domey or flat) would have more fade at the end of a flat RHBH throw

What it is the difference between Pro Rhynos and Pro line Rhynos?

Different plastic.
Pro plastic is a DX upgrade with more grip, ProLine was the name they used for Champion plastic, after they stopped calling it C.E., and before they called it Champion.

Sorry if it has already been covered, but several 'searches' have given me zero results. My simple question is..... If you have two of the same mold in the same plastic and similar weights and one is flat and one is domey........which is more likely to be more overstable and why?

Either. :D

There are great examples of overstable discs that are domey, like first run ESDS Destroyers, and also overstable flat tops, like 11X Firebirds, Eagle X's, and Gazelles.

Domey, by the laws of physics, should create a greater difference in air pressure between the top and bottom of the disc, generating more lift and glide than its flat counterpart, which would also cause more high speed turn, or less stability, but parting line height is usually a much better way of determining differences in stability between discs of the same mold.

Thanks, Mashnut.......to be more specific.... I have 2 champ orcs.... And was just wondering which one (domey or flat) would have more fade at the end of a flat RHBH throw

They domey one should have more overall stability. The dome on a lot of molds tend to accompany a higher PLH causing the disc to be more stable. Dome doesn't always mean a disc will be more stable, but if you compare the two discs, I'll would bet that domey one has a taller PLH.

We play everything a par 3(tourney rules as I've been told) and the worst you can do is 6 "strokes". I'm guessing my brother took it from our putt-putt days.
icon_lol.gif

I think it messes with the game, but it kind helps out the 1 or 2 people we play with that aren't great...