• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I disagree that slow discs reward nose up. To get max distance (like those 400' putter shots you mention), you can't throw the disc nose up. They're certainly more tolerant of nose angle variations and won't punish a nose up throw nearly as much as a driver, but having nose angle control still helps when throwing putters.

Thanks. What I mean to convey is that if I release my putters on a 45 degree hyzer angle, they fly straight and do what I would expect them to do. I was throwing them 280 in some case.

When I throw my drivers I do not throw them with that much hyzer angle. If I did then they would likely go "200' out and 60' up". Normally I throw them flat and they do what I want most of the time. I was trying to throw a putter round to clean up my form.

I realize I probably have some OAT issues, thus me trying a putter round. My main question is, when I threw great long straight (slight helix in some cases) putter throws, I was releasing what I thought was a 45 degree hyzer angle.

Am I masking my OAT by doing so? Or is releasing on what I think is a 45 degree hyzer angle actually flat as was determined by the feedback that the putter gave me when I release a good shot?

I miss read your question initially, sorry for the confusion. Throwing 280' you shouldn't have to put 45° on most putters to keep it from turning over on you. You aren't masking your OAT by doing so, you're over compensating for it. If you're one of the chosen few and have pristine form you could release a putter flat for a 280' shot. For most people with clean form you'll have to throw with some hyzer (10-15°). But if you're really bent over at a 45° then it's very likely a case of OAT. Now, once you start clearing 350' with your putters then maybe 45° is what you'll need, but sub 300' focus on a flat/nearly flat release.

I also agree with Mashnut. I don't think putters, mids, and slow plastic in general reward nose up. I don't think it's possible for any disc to do so. They're certainly more forgiving of nose up which, along with their speed, makes them so ideal for diagnosing form problems. Aside from being intolerant of OAT, they allow you to focus on one problem like wrist roll without having to worry about nose angles, getting the disc up to speed, etc.

Hope this helps!

Here are a couple!

1) what is a flex shot?

2) when someone refers to a PD, is that the name of a certain disc? Or is it short for a certain disc?
"I just bought a PD and I love it!"

Guess I could have included that
icon_lol.gif

Flex Shot - Flight path also known as a helix or S-Curve. In the beginning of the flight (for right hand backhand) the disc will travel right then fade back left to make an S curve. This is often acheived throwing an overstable disc with anhyzer angle. The disc will travel right and flex back to the left as it decelerates at the end of its flight.
This might be helpful...
http://www.discgolfstation.com/Disc-Golf-Glossary_c_157.html

For a lost disc off of a drive, is your re-tee shooting 3 or 2? I thought it was 3 but the rule book led on that it is 2.

Flexibility and preference, some people report more bounce outs and roll aways with harder putters. I honestly don't have enough experience to add info...

Quick question, didnt feel like making a whole new thread

Im looking for 11x champ discs. Are these all the ones? Am i missing any?

Aviar
banshee
eagle
firebird
gazelle
teebird
whippet

To make it clear just the 11x champ and not 11x Kc pro

Last edited:

Latest posts