• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

difference in overstable and understable

That is not a question. It actually isn't even a complete sentence. I'm sure it's already answered in this very thread and you should be asking how to use the search feature.

difference in overstable and understable

Assuming RHBH:
Overstable discs will fight to fade left and in general be harder to flip (turn to the right). Overstable discs also tend to carry less glide than an understable disc of the same speed.

Understable will be much easier to flip and will fade left much later in their flight if at all. Understable discs also tend to have more glide than an overstable disc of the same speed.

Assuming RHBH:
Overstable discs will fight to fade left and in general be harder to flip (turn to the right). Overstable discs also tend to carry less glide than an understable disc of the same speed.

Understable will be much easier to flip and will fade left much later in their flight if at all. Understable discs also tend to have more glide than an overstable disc of the same speed.

Some of this is right, but I believe there is a more detailed and accurate description of these characteristics somewhere in this thread.

What does the J in Millenium's JLS stand for?

The J stands for Jail. I'm not sure if I can tell the story of how that came to be. It's nothing untoward, it might just be a secret.

There was a rumor it was "Jessica", a rumored Houck love-interest of that period. This claim was never substantiated. I think "Jessica" might have been on the original hotstamp.

millennium_disc_golf_discs_jls.jpg

Alright you might say this belongs in the Technique section, but I think it might be better answered here. (And most of the time I am wrong.)

Would my game benefit if I played with a putter only for a month or two, then bring in my mids (classic roc, bottom stamp roc, elite z buzzz, and cryztal buzzz) and play for awhile with both and then much later bring in my slow drivers?

What do you guys think?

I like Mid only rounds. The reason is that the putter is more forgiving. If you develop bad habits, your putter will not be affected as much, you can throw nose up and strong arm it and a putter will still fly nice and straight.

Alright you might say this belongs in the Technique section, but I think it might be better answered here. (And most of the time I am wrong.)

Would my game benefit if I played with a putter only for a month or two, then bring in my mids (classic roc, bottom stamp roc, elite z buzzz, and cryztal buzzz) and play for awhile with both and then much later bring in my slow drivers?

What do you guys think?

This is hotly debated. Many people like myself prefer to keep a slow driver in the bag simply to help keep the nose down since mids and especially putters are more forgiving of poor nose angle. I think it's most beneficial to play with one of each for awhile (putter, mid, and driver) just to become intimate with the core of your bag.

I am fairly accurate and get good distance with my surge, would that be a good driver to keep in the bag? The only Mid I could live without is my Elite Z Buzzz. And I putt with a XD and with a Birdie... I do have two Aviars and a Magnet on the way. What should I putt with? (my putting is not very good)

You guys can tell me to shut up at any time! :)

There are a lot of acronyms for different plastics, and I would like to know what they are and what they stand for, plus what they mean to people.

For example, CE I think stands for "Champion Edition," which is what Innova called Champion plastic at first, but I think I read somewhere that I've seen some indication that the CE plastic, or at least the early CE plastic, is different from the Champion plastic, because the original CE plastic became unavailable for some reason. So when people are offering or seeking a CE disk, do they mean the same thing as a new CFR Champion plastic disc, or do they mean an old one from before the name changed, or from before the plastic changed, or what?

TFR I see means "Tournament Fund Raiser," and that can be any kind of non-standard plastic with custom stamp.

I think I read that CFR means about the same thing as TFR, but what does it stand for? Any other info on CFR and what it means to people?

There are a lot of acronyms for different plastics, and I would like to know what they are and what they stand for, plus what they mean to people.

For example, CE I think stands for "Champion Edition," which is what Innova called Champion plastic at first, but I think I read somewhere that I've seen some indication that the CE plastic, or at least the early CE plastic, is different from the Champion plastic, because the original CE plastic became unavailable for some reason. So when people are offering or seeking a CE disk, do they mean the same thing as a new CFR Champion plastic disc, or do they mean an old one from before the name changed, or from before the plastic changed, or what?

TFR I see means "Tournament Fund Raiser," and that can be any kind of non-standard plastic with custom stamp.

I think I read that CFR means about the same thing as TFR, but what does it stand for? Any other info on CFR and what it means to people?

See Zenbots Acronym thread, it has initials out the whazoo.
CFR is most commonly refereed to as Candy fundraiser

Last edited:
I putt with a Birdie... (my putting is not very good)

QUOTE]

You answered your own question :p The birdie sucks, but as stated putters are a personal choice, go with what feels good.

Birdies are only good for upside down turbo puts! Chicks dig them too because they are easier to throw with long fingernails.

And I putt with a XD and with a Birdie... I do have two Aviars and a Magnet on the way. What should I putt with? (my putting is not very good)

the best way to get better at putting is to stick with one putter for a while and PRACTICE. Get yourself a basket if you are serious. Worth every penny.

You answered your own question :p The birdie sucks, but as stated putters are a personal choice, go with what feels good.

The birdie does not suck, nor does the Rattler or any other 'lid' putter. They are great for upshots and not shabby for putting. Let's have a putting contest and I will whip you with my old slow putter :)