• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I know, right? I can't believe how fast the pros are. I've been trying to develop that fast putt lately and it's hard to do. Is it age?

I think it has to do with confidence. They throw it at the basket knowing that if they miss they can still make the come backer. While most amateurs play it same and try to land it in the basket or somewhere close if they miss

You probably aren't shifting your weight enough or at all. This is where a lot of power comes from when you putt.

I believe Feldberg (or Cam Todd) talks about shifting weight in this video, but I can't remember. It applies to spin putting too.

Thanks so much for the info and tip, Triflusal. Yesterday, I also watched an Azalea video of the top card playing the final round at Castle Hayne. Justin Jernigan (World Champ Am '04) really inspired some changes in my putting technique as well. Same principle, with weight shift. I had both of my feet pointing at the basket and couldn't really get good bend in my back (L) foot. By pointing it about 90 degrees to the left, I was finally able to get some good push.

I think this was exactly my problem. My putting yesterday shaved about 6 strokes off my norm round. It finally felt right!!!

I think it has to do with confidence. They throw it at the basket knowing that if they miss they can still make the come backer. While most amateurs play it same and try to land it in the basket or somewhere close if they miss

I've been trying to develop that fast putt lately and it's hard to do.

This, too! Confidence. In PDGA's, I even get nervous putting routine 10 footers. I went for it yesterday and didn't even think about a difficult comeback putt if I missed, and my putter flew straighter than ever, mostly I banged them all in.

I am taking the next 6 months or so off from playing PDGA's. I haven't been doing terrible, but I haven't been doing great either and I think it's messing with my confidence. So, I am taking time to identify the things I need to improve and this felt like a fantastic start.

Thanks everyone for your input!!! :)

U NICED ME you are awesome. I want to revive this thread for any newbs out there for it tis' the season.

Let your insecure queries manifest.

When you join the PDGA and play in sanctioned tourneys, then your scores are recorded and you get an average. I think.

Is it just me, or do Preds have a microbead? Mine sure does. And I mean MICRO.
Not so much a bead but a v-shaped notch if I remember correctly. You might be mistaking flashing for a bead.
Another noob questions from me. What are ratings? And how do you get one?
Yeah, you have to join the PDGA, then play tourneys. Their ratings are derived from SSA or Scoring Scratch Averages. I do not know how they determine this but every course has its own SSA.

why did Frank Delicious get banned? (started reading at beginning and made it to page 85)

when throwing backhand should you try to keep it flat on release or throw a hyzer?

why did Frank Delicious get banned? (started reading at beginning and made it to page 85)

when throwing backhand should you try to keep it flat on release or throw a hyzer?

Frankie is just too much man for this board. :)

As to the flat vs hyzer release that's a personal style question. Some like stable discs on flat lines, others like flippy discs on hyzerflips. Personally I like stable to slightly understable sometimes releasing with a touch of hyzer.

I don't think this question is THAT dumb, I just did not want to start a thread. YES, its an ace question.

If a course rule on a missed mandatory is 'play it as it lies +1,' would an ACE be scored +1 or +2?

+1 for missed mando and it's lie is in the basket, or
+2 for missed mando, and playing it as it lies would be to re-place it in a score-able position.

Just curious if anyone has a real answer to this?

Sounds like the course rule doesn't match the PDGA rules. If you miss a mando, you need to throw the next shot from the drop zone (if provided) or near the mando missed (1m back within 5m of the mando).

Latest posts