• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Is there a general rule for the change of flight paths when a disc breaks in?

For example, when "broken in" do all understable discs become more __________ (under/over/stable), and all overstable discs become more __________ ?

Disc will always become less stable over time. An overstable disc will start to flip easier for you and go longer. Understable disc will keep beating in to the point where if you just look at it wrong the disc will start to turn over. Different plastics will beat in at different rates.

Disc will always become less stable over time. An overstable disc will start to flip easier for you and go longer. Understable disc will keep beating in to the point where if you just look at it wrong the disc will start to turn over. Different plastics will beat in at different rates.

exactly right...of course you need to account for differences in your abilities.

Flipping a disc usually means the disc's stability threshold has been broken and it's trajectory is actively moving away from the disc's natural tendency. RHBH a disc will naturally fade left unless it's stability threshold has been reached, in which case the disc is flipped and it will turn right.

This flip can be short lived allowing the natural hyzer fade left to take over again. Conversely a disc can be flipped so severly that it may show little or none of it's natural left turn. Flipping a disc is also associated with glide, and controlled use of this energy is what allows for the remarkable glide some pros can achieve.

Flipping a disc usually means the disc's stability threshold has been broken and it's trajectory is actively moving away from the disc's natural tendency. RHBH a disc will naturally fade left unless it's stability threshold has been reached, in which case the disc is flipped and it will turn right.

This flip can be short lived allowing the natural hyzer fade left to take over again. Conversely a disc can be flipped so severly that it may show little or none of it's natural left turn. Flipping a disc is also associated with glide, and controlled use of this energy is what allows for the remarkable glide some pros can achieve.

Thanks for the good explanation!

Beads on discs: what are they and what do they do? Visuals would be appreciated (big bead vs small bead vs no bead examples)

beadnt1.jpg

EDIT: bro d beat me

The term bead makes more sense if you think of if you think of it as caulk or as someone who makes clay pots on a wheel.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it stands for anything. It may very well be "Just Long and Straight" like MrFixit says. I have no idear.

I saw it printed on a Millenium disc (been awhile back, it was on older disc) so that is where it came from.
Honestly, I'm not exactly sure...