• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nose up (and other) issues.. Help...

I think the Swedes just used a bigger rear arm swim move and more vertical swing. There are different ways to use the rear arm and ground and gravity forces.

would you say that it`s easier to generate power with the swedish style? Or is it easier to just learn the american style?

I advise to try everything, see what works and what doesn't, make your own swing.

Hi again guys! I was just wondering if you could take a look at this video and see if i overrotate with my upper body? I have become much more stable and can now throw around 400 feet (350 comfertably) but some days i find myselves pull the shots right or low.

And also do you want to kind of throw to 10 o clock or do you want to throw more down the line (If that makes sence)?

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHLM-5hN-E

Ah i think i get it! Thanks for the help!
But how much rotation do you want with the upper body?

Ah i think i get it! Thanks for the help!
But how much rotation do you want with the upper body?
In the backswing/stride your upper body should be pulled back as far as you want to throw like a sling shot/door frame drill and then automatically return to neutral during the throw and then finish around in followthru.

So when the body reach the neutral position is when you should release the disc? And then the follow through takes you forward?

So i play alot on wooded courses and i dont have a power problem. But i struggle to hit the lines that i want. Do you guys have some tips or mental tips to hit lines in the wood?

Thats gonna depend on how youre missing the lines if there's any pattern to your misses. But general tips that have helped me are to make sure I'm traveling across the teepad in the direction I want the disc to go, and to focus on my release point being at around 10 o clock, with 12 being the direction I'm throwing

I feel like hitting the lines and angles are rarely talked about here.
For me I always thought it would come naturally with form improvements. And while it's sort of true I had to activly change some parts of my form to start hitting lines consistantly.

While some parts of my form got momentarily worse from the changes I do belive that it helped my form in the longrun.

Here's the things I go through (maybe not everything at once) to be more consistant:

I make sure to find a small aim, just like staring down one link on a basket. I also make sure to envision the release angle och full flight I intend for the disc. This is as much about hitting the line as it is about analysing your throw. Did you hit the intended line and is it a disc/angle/release/aimpoint issue.

grip is always important eventhough I change it at the same pace as I change my socks. Also a real easy thing to check as it is done preswing for me.

wrist: So this might be controversial but I currently try to "lock" my wrist to avoid my bad habits of flailing the wrist out leaving me early releases and super releasepoints. its not necessarily me throwing with a stiff wrist but rather making sure it doesnt move in the backswing, pull or when the arm is arcing out.

Another thing that helped me alot that I'm trying to find a different solution to is the whole keeping my head straight forward for as long as possible and letting the shoulders push the head back in the backswing and forward in the followthrough. Had some neckpain recently so trying to find a different solution with a similar effect or atleast loosen up a bit more. The big point here is me maintaining the correct balance aswell as keeping the body closed to the target so that a full committed swing doesnt result in a griplock (I really dont like this word).

Brace: so I belive its rather hard not to strongarm before developing a brace. and strongarming is a real issue when trying to be consistant.

There is alot more going in to the swing that could impact your release, but when the things above click I feel like most misses will be consistant this in turn makes it easier to isolate the issue/fix of the day.

Long rant about my recent process and progress hoping something will help and make sense to you.

Last edited:
Hi again guys!
This week i have been getting a severe upper neck pain when throwing backhands. I have had it before (For about 4-5 months ago) and went to a chiropractor. That time he said that i didnt really have a stiff neck. I also changed my form around that time so i stopped having neck pains. But this week it has come back. Today i had a field workout and played a round and almost had to forfeit from the round because of the neck pain. I can also add on that i play almost every day.

My question to you guys is if you could watch the clip from my field workout today and see if you could sspot why i`m getting neck pain?

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpLQJ5IjHDI

Form critique is also welcome :)

Yeah it looks like injury, you fall over to the left tee off your rear leg into a too wide or staggered stance and your front leg is collapsing as you crash down into your hip, instead of catching yourself in dynamic upright balance with the front leg more underneath you and bracing/posting up on front hip. Note how your head stays looking back the entire time, so your lower spine is not shifting forward onto the front leg axis to rotate freely on, instead you crash down and jerk back up.

Stop doing an x-step, you are just going to continue hurting yourself until you figure out the fundamental motion pattern of a "1-2" shift from behind"(not shift from in front). Work from "standstill" or Elephant Walk or one step. These drills should feel very weird and foreign and maybe even wrong. For some reason players tend to think that effortless is wrong and not powerful, and they don't trust that effortless feeling, so they revert back to something that "feels" to them more "normal" and "powerful" and keep strong arming it and never make a real fundament change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogonOY1DoHU#t=40m

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139973
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118948
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136487

Latest posts