• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to stay current - DM posted another pic on the socials naming it the CD3.

As far as PDx clone - I'm guessing there's no reason to clone a mold they just made (which was iteslf a mold trying to mimic an earlier run). I would be shocked if they didn't take this opportunity to give Eagle a Max replacement. McBeth might also try it as he's never clicked with the Firebird and tried other things in that slot.

Just to stay current - DM posted another pic on the socials naming it the CD3.

As far as PDx clone - I'm guessing there's no reason to clone a mold they just made (which was iteslf a mold trying to mimic an earlier run). I would be shocked if they didn't take this opportunity to give Eagle a Max replacement. McBeth might also try it as he's never clicked with the Firebird and tried other things in that slot.

I'M SHOCKED

Some saltiness is because it's not what I was expecting... so there's pluses and minuses to doing the real secretive drama lead up. but also some of it was because I was really inspired by this interview by Jussi about DiscMania Spring 2015 (I read this magazine cover to cover each time it comes in the mail) and I liked his vision, I was fairly new to DiscMania. A line up of discs for Pros

it's an awesome article - http://www.omagdigital.com/publication/?i=247624#{"issue_id":247624,"page":16}

But since then I've seen in order (2015 - MD, FD3, PDx) (2016 - DDx) (2017 - CD3)
So he's true to his word they won't be releasing a lot of molds, one for each slot. But these don't quite seem like they are for the Pro, maybe some.

But Hey - I love me some TD so yay, a longer TD

Flight numbers look good but from a forehanders perspective I'm not sure how I'm going to like it in the hand.

Having thrown the CD3 I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by it. It really is like an FD that goes an extra 50-100' and feels great in hand. I had a measured 470' throw with it that I felt I was throwing about 75% power and it just kept going. We will have a more in depth review in the next few days!

This has the exact same flight numbers as the krait - right? I really don't see this as a need in the lineup but will keep an open mind once it comes out in s-line.

Was thinking this is kind of like between a saint and tern for me. Sometimes I need a couple extra feet from the saint. Going to the tern means well, more error and some unwanted drift.

So if it is like a longer saint with better than tern control. I'm in. Their is a spot for that!

Any hopes of more SPD2s being run any time soon? Seems as though most dealers are out or low...

Were all the CD3s released or will their be a restock? I was hoping to grab one but more than a foot of snow meant that I had to shovel my roof and I missed out.

Two 175g C-Line PDx
One 175g Metal Flake PDx
One 168g JL C-Line PD

What can I expect out of their flights? 400 maximum power, but I am looking for controlled shots 360 and under for these.

32649886473_ce5db8c6cd_z.jpg

I've thrown all 3,
C-pdx: most OS of the 3, it's between a firebird and fl stability wise, but faster and longer
MF-PDx: tick less OS than the C-line, but fairly interchangeable
Good amount less OS than the pdx, a little more beefy than a thunderbird.

I bag a C-PDx and a C-Pd for reference and for similar distances hat OP is talking about

I notice there is a lack of PDx video reviews online, at least on youtube, so if anyone knows of any, let me know.

Otherwise, I am planning to get out tomorrow (Friday) and shooting my own.

Two 175g C-Line PDx
One 175g Metal Flake PDx
One 168g JL C-Line PD

What can I expect out of their flights? 400 maximum power, but I am looking for controlled shots 360 and under for these.

32649886473_ce5db8c6cd_z.jpg

Any way to get free shipping at the factory store?

I think I had $80 in my cart and the shipping was over $10

I could be wrong

They mentioned in the Waco commentary that the Lizotte C-Line FD is fairly understable. What's the most stable FD in current production?

Status
Not open for further replies.