• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They mentioned in the Waco commentary that the Lizotte C-Line FD is fairly understable. What's the most stable FD in current production?
I throw a lot of FD's and right now I would say the most stable to slightly OS ones I've recently thrown are max weight Lusters and VERY SURPRISINGLY a lightweight, pop-top C-line that was said to have come right in between the 2nd and 3rd runs. It is the same stiff plastic as the 2nd runs, with bubbles in the rim, but with some serious dome. It flies with more turn and less fade than the storied 2nd runs, but definitely finishes a bit harder than the 5th-6th runs. The fact that it's 160g makes it a lot of fun to throw too. Looks like the DM store is out of stock on those, but Infinite Discs has some... pink with a gold stamp is a dead giveaway for those run of discs.

Outside of those I mentioned, FD's all seem to be flying pretty much the same right now.

Discmania Support Reply

Just goes against their convention when FD CD DD PD and the stable to overstable lines

The TDx is going to be a great disc. We cannot disclose exactly what it will do, but we know there will be a mass of speculation coming anyway. We are all going to have one in our bags for sure!

Am I the only one who thinks that the TDx is going to be a turning driver, except with positive turn? Lol, the stego is 3 1 +1 +4. 11 4 +.5 5?

This disc will definitely have some turn, as it is in the TD family. More information will be released in the coming months and all of the questions will be put to rest

They want to keep them as CFR and tourney fundraisers. Kinda like what Innova did with champ rocs for years with the USDGC

why is the PDx being delayed until 2018? To build up the hype? I'm definitely not one to question Discmanias marketing strategy, but I don't really understand why Discmania wouldn't do it soon to play off the hype this disc is getting? Just don't really understand . Clarification would be great

The PDx is under contract with the DGWT as a strictly fundraiser-only disc. This agreement has not changed and will be released as a stock option after that point. We wanted to have a very special disc that represented the tour well and also something that players could look forward to. Discmania does not have any discs other than this one that are exclusive for one purpose. Though we know people are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the stock release, it will be just a little while longer before that occurs.

D line MD3, pretty please?

It's only a matter of time! We have some other jobs to accomplish first and then can pursue other things like a D-Line MD3. Great question!

ColorglowFD'spleaseandthankyou.

Color glow FD would be a great one. We have no plans at the moment to make those just yet.

Hear that Discmania? Don't make someone have to kill for one. Just make some P-Line P3's and nobody will have to die. :D

No one needs to die for sure! We have a new putter on the horizon and it is not a P-Line P3 but should be something that you are going to be thrilled about!

Discmania Support Reply

Time for a re-tooled whippet:

Whippet wing and FD top? Maybe one with a mild dome like a third run :popcorn:

I dont think you could do a FD wing and whippet top, that sounds like it would be an FD2 lol

We certainly are always on the lookout to re-create the 2nd run FD. That is our main goal. The TDx is going to be quite a bit different than people think. However, it will be quite a nice disc and everyone needs to give it a shot. We will all have it in our bags when it is approved.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1U2QMDBWu

Okay so one of the drivers is def going to be a Konopiste fundraiser.

CD3!!! People are loving these and we couldn't be more proud.

Wonder how much FD3 sales are about to surge after word of mcbeth throwing them spreads.

There has been a bit of a surge for sure. He really likes them!

big disappoint for me cause I was hoping for an fdx.

man, isn't the speed 13 market so saturated but they sell period.

got make money yo to have a company.

FDx will come one day. We have it on our radar. TDx first and then we can go after some other options. We also have plans to make another fast driver but none of the guesses from anyone are correct. The CD3 is amazing and although not a 13, is quite fast and very fun to throw.

I'm guessing 13/6/-4/1

Flippier Daedalus?

CD3 for the win!

Huh.

Well TDx would suggest something more understable than the DDx, like a Tern but the bigger gap I think is between the DDx and PD2

Jenga you are on the right track for sure. You will love the TDx

Discmania Support Reply

CD3 I believe is a PDX clone. Would be my guess. Their working the bugs out before they release the PDX.

The CD2 and Pd are so similar in that a broken in PD flies like a CD2. So if you increase the stability and speed. It sounds just like a PDX to me. This of course is generalizing a bit.

But we all know there are overlaps within Discs from manfacuturers.

It is not a PDx clone for sure. Fits nicely in the CD family as a faster and straighter flying CD2. Very good disc that everyone needs to give a fair chance. That being said, your descriptions of the discs above are good. Not everyone needs to have a PD and CD2 in the bag. All of us here definitely bag both and multiples of each. And now we bag the CD3.

ALSO - Does anyone know if new D P2 will have the Psycho stamp? I have 1 but I'm thinking of keeping it out of the practice stack and in the bag only.

I hope they plan to run 50,000 more DP2 - saw they were back in the store, waited until the next day and POOF all gone.

There will be more. People were so excited to get their hands on the new batch that we sold out almost immediately. There has been a re-stock since and I believe there are still some there. Very very very good run of P2's that literally everyone needs to check out. They feel incredible. About the Psycho stamp on the putters, that will likely never be done again.

Is it shallow like a ddx?

It is deeper like the CD but faster than CD2 and gets a bit more play in the air. Very fun disc to throw.

Discmania Support Reply

Having thrown the CD3 I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by it. It really is like an FD that goes an extra 50-100' and feels great in hand. I had a measured 470' throw with it that I felt I was throwing about 75% power and it just kept going. We will have a more in depth review in the next few days!

Very good description! It has turned out to be quite the nice surprise that no one was really expecting. Granted, everyone just knew it was going to be some sort of Max replacement and was indeed no such thing. So far, we have gotten very good feedback on the CD3 and can't wait to see videos and pictures of people loving their new discs. Keep up the good work!

Flight numbers look good but from a forehanders perspective I'm not sure how I'm going to like it in the hand.

That is a valid speculation. We would guess that yes, this disc would not be the most favorable option for the majority of forehand throwers. We have seen some very positive results from forehand throws with the CD3 but would advise that only players with a fine tuned forehand rely on this disc as an option in their round. Most folks don't like to throw Valkyries for this reason but it too is a fantastic disc to throw forehand if you are skilled enough to do so. Just a comparison that I thought of. CD3 makes for a fantastic sidearm disc, you just need to find a way to tame it

Some saltiness is because it's not what I was expecting... so there's pluses and minuses to doing the real secretive drama lead up. but also some of it was because I was really inspired by this interview by Jussi about DiscMania Spring 2015 (I read this magazine cover to cover each time it comes in the mail) and I liked his vision, I was fairly new to DiscMania. A line up of discs for Pros

it's an awesome article - http://www.omagdigital.com/publication/?i=247624#{"issue_id":247624,"page":16}

But since then I've seen in order (2015 - MD, FD3, PDx) (2016 - DDx) (2017 - CD3)
So he's true to his word they won't be releasing a lot of molds, one for each slot. But these don't quite seem like they are for the Pro, maybe some.

But Hey - I love me some TD so yay, a longer TD

We are working on new ideas all the time and do to meet the expectations and promises stated. There will be more new molds coming this year and they will be absolute crowd pleasers. Though we want to produce a majority of "pro caliber" molds, we also want to grow the sport as well. Our young players are the future of the game and young folks that don't even know what the sport is yet. Creating several new PD2-esque discs right away instead of something new that would benefit molding their game into something more would be detrimental to building a solid base of new athletes. We need to find a good mix between pro caliber products and discs that are friendly for everyone. The CD3 fits nicely in between those two categories.

We certainly are always on the lookout to re-create the 2nd run FD. That is our main goal. The TDx is going to be quite a bit different than people think. However, it will be quite a nice disc and everyone needs to give it a shot. We will all have it in our bags when it is approved.

I may be the only one who doesn't like second run FDs :D first run FD's all the way! My comment of the re-tooled whippet was more so for a "FDx" idea. speed 6/7 utility disc with tons of beef and a little play in flight!:thmbup:

Discmania Support Reply

They mentioned in the Waco commentary that the Lizotte C-Line FD is fairly understable. What's the most stable FD in current production?

The most stable FD in production is the bottom stamp 6th run FD. Very nice and reliable disc for sure. The newer FD's may be a touch less stable but not by much.

Non-First Run D-P3's are my main putters. I switched from XD's when they went away. I like beadless low profile putters and P3's are the only ones left in the Innova/Discmania line-ups. I honestly think the P3 was a big dissapointment for what it was intended- an overstable harp type putt and approach, but it works perfectly for me for putting. I'm going to speculate the P3x or new putter will be even more like the Harp which will be awesome for that slot which the line-ups are missing. Ultimately, I hope there will be intended investment into a beadless low profile putter in a harder Pro plastic. A Pro XD or P3 would be amazing or even something new to compete with the Pure.

Interesting discussion happening on the facebooks regarding these P2's - Two school of thoughts:

- Eagle deserves this signature P2 (no one is arguing against that) and the demand for white P2's/To Support eagle is there. Fair amount of excitement for these!

- People wanting DM to figure out stock molds first and then focus on signature molds/special stamps second. The online store has been one of the few places to max weight P2's, s-line PD2s, etc. and newer runs of each mold period. Most of these have a DM store specific stamp or limited stock stamp release. I will attest to the fact that my local stores have slim pickings of the new DM stuff.

Not sure where I stand... I haven't started throwing any of the new DM molds or runs of the discs. I love my old buttery DDs, first run FD's and soft blend of DP2s. However my P2 stack is thinning out and I would love to find max weights in the shop nearby :)

Last edited:
I'm on the fence with this too. Nobody know what the working agreement is between DM and Innova, but what I'm willing to bet is that the amount of plastic agreed upon manufacturing is enough for DM to move solely on their own site. If you can only get so much from Innova why wholesale it to other online sites and make a couple bucks a disc when you can sell out of everything at MSRP pricing.

The easy answer is just have Innova run more discs but it's not as simple as that. They have their own production schedule. If it's a choice between running star destroyers or p2s which realistically is going to happen? Frisbee factories don't operate with unlimited resources.

I'm on the fence with this too. Nobody know what the working agreement is between DM and Innova, but what I'm willing to bet is that the amount of plastic agreed upon manufacturing is enough for DM to move solely on their own site. If you can only get so much from Innova why wholesale it to other online sites and make a couple bucks a disc when you can sell out of everything at MSRP pricing.

The easy answer is just have Innova run more discs but it's not as simple as that. They have their own production schedule. If it's a choice between running star destroyers or p2s which realistically is going to happen? Frisbee factories don't operate with unlimited resources.

Yeah I am willing to bet the the DM % of all discs molded at Innova is not as big as some people may think. Not like they can just tell them to up it.

And I'm willing to bet a KP2 that the machines at this time of year are running 24/7 molding up discs. There's associated downtime and things, but they are likely turning out plastic day and night.

It's not a question if the discs will sell, it's just scheduling what and when. And the bigger questions of scaling up production with very big and very expensive equipment.

The tough thing is that scheduling part, when we like to complain that these special discs are coming out when there's no stock P2s and such to buy - anywhere.

And then I wonder why they're taking so long to add even more to the plate, with:

S Line CD2 (stock) (Using a S-CD and liking it for almost everything 275-350)
S Line FD2 (stock) (Using Star Teebird - 'cause what's better than that?)
S Line FD3 (stock) (Broke down and bought a swirly Lizotte to throw, just to support Simon)
S Line MD (stock) (Using Star Mako3 and it's buttery good)
S Line MD3 (stock) (Using Star Roc3s but need a Champ because Star is too stright, Ugg)
S Line P1x (Standing offer of $25 to DM to send me a pink one, since it was released)
S Line P3 (stock) (Using either Star Gator or Star Rhyno ATM)

In his Ask Me Anything interview back in December, 2016, Jussi said that several understable discs were in the works. I'm a geezer (64) with lower arm speed, so I would have great interest in these discs. Any timetable on these?

Status
Not open for further replies.