• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the proto/prerelease/FR business is pretty muddled nowadays and I think all of them were actually produced at the same time and only stamped differently and released at different time. Stock run may even be from the same run. They admitted to all the first runs of the FD3 to be from the same batch. (EO, FR, stock first run).

I love the DDx and was getting some serious D with it today at Jacobson and Graviss McDonald's in Lexington, KY. I was getting over 500' consistently but had a question. Is there a possibility you will produce a disc with just a tick more HSS? Mine turn *deeply* understable mid flight and then fight out of it. I'd love to have something that was ever so slightly more HSS. (Not as much as a destroyer, mind you.) Thanks and keep up the great work!

Discmania, please make a disc with the PD2 wing and CD3 top. The top on the CD3 is hands down the best feeling top among your higher speed drivers. DD3 perhaps? :thmbup:

I love the DDx and was getting some serious D with it today at Jacobson and Graviss McDonald's in Lexington, KY. I was getting over 500' consistently but had a question. Is there a possibility you will produce a disc with just a tick more HSS? Mine turn *deeply* understable mid flight and then fight out of it. I'd love to have something that was ever so slightly more HSS. (Not as much as a destroyer, mind you.) Thanks and keep up the great work!

Which plastic are you throwing? There is a noticeable difference between S and C and then Metal Flake. There is not enough to call them different discs, but there is enough difference where you might actually carry both in the bag.

I noticed that S has a touch more glide than the C; at 400 feet power, it is about 10 feet difference, but I get truer, more trustworthy flights out of the C.

it is around for sure, try searching anhyzer top

my opinion is
dd2 = katana
pd2 = destroyer
dd= wraith
ddx= tern
pd = firebird
cd = valk

not sure about the cd2, dont own one. i have a crazy guess on the fd and that its a TL wing with a whippet top...... then the fd2 has a whippet x top. the md seems like a mako. the p1 is an aviar, p2 is the aviar wing and aviar x top. p1x is vtech wing with aviar top. hmmmm, i think the fd3 is a firbird with starfire nose config. thats about all i know

Which plastic are you throwing? There is a noticeable difference between S and C and then Metal Flake. There is not enough to call them different discs, but there is enough difference where you might actually carry both in the bag.

I noticed that S has a touch more glide than the C; at 400 feet power, it is about 10 feet difference, but I get truer, more trustworthy flights out of the C.

Oops, I was throwing the C. I just picked up a swirly S to try. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. My Cs were getting a lot of glide but they just were turning so deeply mid flight that it was making them a bit difficult to predict.

I've also picked up a G-line PD2 to try and see if it might be something similar but with less turn. (May have to beat it in a bit first.)

Thanks!

it is around for sure, try searching anhyzer top

my opinion is
dd2 = katana
pd2 = destroyer
dd= wraith
ddx= tern
pd = firebird
cd = valk

not sure about the cd2, dont own one. i have a crazy guess on the fd and that its a TL wing with a whippet top...... then the fd2 has a whippet x top. the md seems like a mako. the p1 is an aviar, p2 is the aviar wing and aviar x top. p1x is vtech wing with aviar top. hmmmm, i think the fd3 is a firbird with starfire nose config. thats about all i know

pd2 is actually the xcal wing and the cd might have 2 different wings, the viking wing and possibly the valkyrie wing later down the road.

Attachments

• 12376621_10153605437092794_5868755357998294253_n.jpg
    12376621_10153605437092794_5868755357998294253_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Discmania, please make a disc with the PD2 wing and CD3 top. The top on the CD3 is hands down the best feeling top among your higher speed drivers. DD3 perhaps? :thmbup:

the pd2 wing is the xcal bottom and anhyzer top. if the cd3 has the anhyzer top as well then what you're asking for is basically a pd2 :\

Anyone have a comparison between the c-line luster PD2 (nasty overstable ones) and the g-line PD2? I've got 500' of d but can get the lusters out to about 350' when thrown flat. Just curious, as I'd like to have a PD2 that was a bit longer or even a slight hyzer flip disc. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Anyone have a comparison between the c-line luster PD2 (nasty overstable ones) and the g-line PD2? I've got 500' of d but can get the lusters out to about 350' when thrown flat. Just curious, as I'd like to have a PD2 that was a bit longer or even a slight hyzer flip disc. Thoughts?

If you want a hyzer flip PD2 you are going to have to buy a P line. I use CD3 for my hyzer flip distance shots.

If you want a hyzer flip PD2 you are going to have to buy a P line. I use CD3 for my hyzer flip distance shots.

Fair enough. Thanks for the input, skizzle.

I managed to get out for a minute in between rain showers and did a little field word with my g-line. It bombs! Thrown hard and flat into a minor headwind (5-7mph), it did a slight turn and went roughly 450' with a nice fade. (For comparison, my DDXs went ~510' going off google earth measures.) I threw it with a bunch of anhyzer (I hate throwing this way...) and it went about the same in a tailwind.

Verdict--I love this disc! I can't wait until it beats in a bit more and becomes a real bomber...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts