• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These P-FDs are tasty! Smooth turn, less fade than an S or G out of the box, and the plastic blend is exactly what I'd hoped for. Many thanks to Ryan and the Discmania crew for making these happen!

Less fade than a G? Color me curious...might grab one for fun.

If you're around next weekend I think we'll be at brengle or kit

I'm excited to try mine out, they won't be here till Monday though =(

Are they more stable than the D Line's by much? I didn't care much for the D's I have.

Less fade than a G? Color me curious...might grab one for fun.

If you're around next weekend I think we'll be at brengle or kit

Honestly I had one G - production run - that was pretty flat and stable. But these Ps still fade less than the first run Gs I have. I should be able to make next weekend happen. :thmbup:

I'm excited to try mine out, they won't be here till Monday though =(

Are they more stable than the D Line's by much? I didn't care much for the D's I have.

Been a bit since I've thrown a fresh D-Line, but my gut is telling me yes. Still holds a nice hyzer line, and into a wind it flipped to flat, turned a bit, then still faded back a little. It's like a worn in S-Line, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Not flippy, but will get there faster than S and slower than D.

I posted something on FB over the weekend, but will post something here as well.

I really like what I'm seeing out of the P-Line's so far. The plastic fits right in between S-Line and G-Line in terms of grip and flex. The overall shape of them is similar to the run of C-Lines that were flatter(3rd run if I remember correctly). In terms of flight, they are definitely on the understable side for an FD right out of the box. I threw them along side a new S-Line, new Hybrid S-Line and a new Glow. The stability was similar to the Hybrid S-Line, with maybe a touch more turn to it(The Hybrids also have a bit of turn to them when new). Even though the P-Line's are a little flatter, they still have an amazing amount of glide...guessing that can be attributed to the plastic mix. For people that don't have an arm like Eagle or Simon, I can see these becoming a fantastic roller after a bit of wear. One other thing that I noticed when comparing the nose of these against the S or C line version, is that it seems to be just a tiny bit smaller. Guessing that is do to the cooling process of pro plastic, so maybe these might have just a smidge more speed to them as well. Anyway...really looking forward to throwing these some more.

Gawsh. All this P-FD talk makes me crave field work. Work and weather are keeping me away. I can add that the PLH of the P is right in between the D-line and C-line. I also agree that the dome matches my 3rd runs, but my 5ths are not far off either. I was suprised by the plastic. Nothing like my P-PD at all. Feels more durable(but that makes sense for the molds: you'd want an over stable pro driver to season faster than a stable/under stable pro fairway.

Love the plastic on the P-FD's, feels just like my favorite millennium baselines. I compared mine to my other FD's and they look to have the same PLH as my S Lines. Dome is pretty even to my 2nd runs. Biggest difference is the nose seems a little less blunt than even my S Lines.

Work is too busy for me to get a chance to throw them yet but from what everyone else is saying I am sure I will love them.

How about some P and S FD2's now?

I'm not on any social media (other than this site and discgolfscene) and don't get much of an eye on the current markets other than here. What the going rate for 10/10 2nd run FDs these days on the ol' interwebz?

I'm not on any social media (other than this site and discgolfscene) and don't get much of an eye on the current markets other than here. What the going rate for 10/10 2nd run FDs these days on the ol' interwebz?

If it's max weight, been seeing anywhere from $30-$40. The lighter weights seem to be a little less.

I agree, lets see P and S FD2. I worry a P FD2 would break in to replace my FDs though. I would be more exxcited about SLine.

If it's max weight, been seeing anywhere from $30-$40. The lighter weights seem to be a little less.

40 may even be on the low end. A lot of 4 recently sold on facebook for over 140, I never saw the final price.

I agree, lets see P and S FD2. I worry a P FD2 would break in to replace my FDs though. I would be more exxcited about SLine.

40 may even be on the low end. A lot of 4 recently sold on facebook for over 140, I never saw the final price.

Yup, saw that. I can still get 168s off the shelf for $13.99 though!

what about pat#SPDs and first run CPDs?

Pat# S-PD's seem to have come down a little in my opinion, but still bring decent money. Pricing has been all over the radar though. I've seen them go for as little as $18 on ebay recently, but have also seen some in the $35-$40 range.

New First Run C-PD's, especially if max weight, can bring a fair chunk of change. Probably in the $50-$75 range, depending on color.

i think a lot of folks are too concerned about everything having to be max wt. if you give them a 169g disc with no markings will they know the difference? hardly. and peeps concerned about anything under 175g being flippy, its more about individual PLH than anything else. 167 disc can be a pig, whereas same mold/ plastic 175 one can have turn if low PLH.

Status
Not open for further replies.