• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what did you guys get in your mystery boxes?

I just unpacked my small mystery box. Here's what it had in it:

ASaPL_hDpA8TU9FSLcGNHmRzaCTvthZZ2ZAJ-orsTAw2BZh0qVIhH7N-yLTAH9SoXLcWmiTufmoO3eCR9G0e1t5QCATE40cgaTLNkI7rXiOX9JQxmVAwpVhyJ825Vuw3UMtB3FCGdynoMRgzIpwtNe7BssynY8h9G1juwW94h32zPG3fAjGN9Hb787MH1NhZkaZkvRFZj8O1NSbi6ZPwERNystO8O_c33etI0-Ni6zXeoyCpKXOMv_D5wP9MZIKEV73XzK5yIkcsH8TmdDIgWflR2J0bcitVe-hoyrCFiZHNjKjpBcZTzVgDyqV9FNfAf6uhkyvRK5KeS_6_TLjrt6X8KNhEBQf33eDUKj2OBrWxe2AI8Urf97J6aDhCP5cWVQPaKStIbPY9WiFXnufR6quDfqBkBve_8_a4putRz84toPHV9VArQ62OPXnf0udEtWuXA5tAwaVytQlGJXXlvQxVzDnHmFjOPFTtEgmUnmQ62hBUagSowiNdCHXHk68eVliCcSQXucjot4D8NriuHCmcbd84NaNEuYN9pdRM2sY=w1596-h897-no

G star vroc3 180g with president's cup stamp
S-line FD 175g w/flying circus stamp
C-line DD2 166g w/flying circus stamp
1st run D-line P3 175g

The FD will absolutely get thrown, and I'll give the vroc3 a shot at making the bag. The other two will probably be given to friends or traded for something else.

so I put my rego bag/discs away for the winter and busted out some goodies from the stash for shiggles. I have so many discs doing nothing it's awful, I felt like I should use the off season to throw the darn things.

just an FYI the sixth run CPDs (flat JL) has straight up TURN...the max weight xouts I had stashed away fly like valk/CD/beat PPD (fast turn at high speed with minimal fade. On shots that I would normal throw flat and just to the right of the target, needed extreme hyzer to the left of my lines to play the turn (shots would end right). I could not get it to fly a golf hyzer line to save my life, pretty much had to use silly/creative lines.

I'm not necessarily disappointed (DM is just too good with transparency etc. etc.) but I will say that I'm going try and liquidate these out of my collection. My absolute favorite thing about PDs is the HSS :p This is the first time I've actually seen a PD fly like this out of the box let alone seasoned. I have a red workhorse SPD that's been in the bag several seasons that still has yet to EVER turn.

so for the sake of minimalism I can see this being nice. these could definitely fit the premium "PPD" flight slot.

first run CPD / SPD / 6th run CPD could probably hit every line on the course.

if anyone is interested in Gline PDs/6th run CPDs hit me up.

You must have freak ;) 6th runs. I have 4, it's my favorite tun of c PD, and they all fly exactly the same which is no turn at 380-400'. They definitely stay straight longer than the beefier runs but even the one I've been throwing for 8 months has no turn. It just fades out later.

Still waiting on C and S-line P1x's......

Just sayin

I would definitely buy a few S-P1xs. I use a P-line for lots of approach/driving duties (putt with D-line), but would like something a little less stiff for colder temps for sure!

Still waiting on more milky-white C-Lines so I can color coordinate my FDs with the rest of the bag. If you can do it for a C-Line PD as well and I am willing to pull out the Thunderbirds.

I would definitely buy a few S-P1xs. I use a P-line for lots of approach/driving duties (putt with D-line), but would like something a little less stiff for colder temps for sure!

Mane the X Line P1x would do

Just sayin

Still have $25 ready if you ship me a Pink S Line P1x!

Bet you feel silly now that the Colt is out in Star plastic already... ever look across the street :rolleyes:

I guess now that I just stocked up on a half dozen G Lines for a perfect winter bag, I'll take a GP1x to go with the rest...

But also an S Line too

.... And a standing $25 offer for a pink S P1x specially for me.

The $25 offer may have to start dwindling a dollar a month... As a little motivation :) if it's released to the universe that'll be cool too.

Best part of the game is watching discs fly - Pure Magic

Best Disc Golf Company in the Game

As for the monster stamps, I like the Jackal, Hysteria, Rush, and Chaos stamps.

The freak and craze stamps just never really did it for me.

Thank you for your input! We appreciate the connection we have with our fans!

I'm with you on these, minus the Chaos. Give us some more crazy animal stamps! ;)

Also, I am reading between the lines that the P-FD is closer to reality than fantasy. In which case

They're here!

Aww man the Freak is the king of the monster stamps! It not only once or twice that I have though about getting it tattooed, but sadly I am a sissy. Also the Frenzy is very nice, it must be the flying hair that does it for me (even though it reminded some people of Michael Jackson )

The PD freak stamp is very popular. You must be a true Discmaniac if you're thinking of getting one of our stamps on your permanently!

Hysteria is a beautiful stamp. Wayyyyy too stoked on the P-FD's.

Thanks for the input!

anybody throwing the p line md3?

There should be quite a few people throwing them now a days

Said it a dozen times already, but again: PMD3 bestmold of 2015. Tunnel shots never been so easy. Brought the midrange game back in my bag.

Thanks for the input! I'm glad we could help you fill a crucial part of any player's bag.

He's right. That's my prototype. My flippiest, hyzer flip it and it can seriously go as far as my FD's... Just a glide machine!

I got 6 of the production ran big stamped P-md3's, and they are overstable. Amazing feel in the hand. Favorite mid, I haven't played much since I got them but the newest run is 10x better than the proto's and I'm glad I bought 6 haha, It's like a KC pro Roc. Full power rips and it was still hyzering for me honestly. They are going to season in to such amazing discs.

Thanks for the input! We love it!

MOAR D FD's !

If you guys are feeling up to it, mold up some FDs in the stiff MD3 pline while your at it. I guarantee they will sell!

We're working on the D-FDs. There's a possibility of the stiff FD in the future but for now we chose the softer more durable plastic for P-LINE because it's winter and you need more grip out there.

Interesting. My white & black PMD3 protos are exactly the samd as the colored run oranges. Some HSS and LSS when new, but will beat straight very quickly. Havent beaten one "too understable" yet. Feels like it is that initial breaking in period and then your good to go on straight shots/small hyzerflips with zero fade. Flies like a putter but longer and lower lines. What more could you want on tight wooded fairways?

That's a very good spot to use the MD3s for sure!

just for clarification.

I've seen people beg for (stiff chalky roc plastic) KCpro teebirds for years now and I think innova has made a misstep not making them. I think discmania could easily capitalize on this and at least experiment with a KCpro FD. A slightly more durable DFD/Base line that seasons a little slower would be AWESOME !!

We have heard this too. Thank you for the clarification.

I agree, KC pro Teebirds would be money but I'm sure the FD would be awesome in that plastic too! To be honest, what wouldn't be.. Whatever kind of plastic blend you're going to choose for the P-Line FD, please don't make them floppy!

The plastic is grippy but firm. It shouldn't be considered "floppy". What are thoughts of you that have tried them?

Seeing green Vaviars makes me very hopeful for green d-line p2s :D

Anything is possible.

Any chance that there is going to be some KP2s in the near future?

Actually all of the K-P2 and P-LINE P2s are made of the same plastic. Sometimes it comes out a little softer or more firm. The current run is firm like the original KP2 run. The only actual difference of these discs should be the writing on the bottom.

what are the chances of running a kp1x? Also, got one of the proto p-line fd's in mail, really excited!!

We have run a P-LINE P1x in the same firm P-LINE material. We are currently out of them.

The P-P1x are real stiff if that's what you're looking for. I got a pair of them and they're great in the hot summer time

This is what I was talking about above.

Yeah, the 6-ish P-p1x I have had have all been pretty much Kp2 stiffness.

That's because it's the same material.

thats what im lookin for, love my kp2s!

We will be looking to have more later. We'll do our best to let you guys know when they're ready!

These P-FDs are tasty! Smooth turn, less fade than an S or G out of the box, and the plastic blend is exactly what I'd hoped for. Many thanks to Ryan and the Discmania crew for making these happen!

Thanks for the kind words. We hoped you all would like them!

I'm excited to try mine out, they won't be here till Monday though =(

Are they more stable than the D Line's by much? I didn't care much for the D's I have.

They are more stable than D-LINE for sure. We haven't really had a run of the FD be as understable as the current run of D-LINE FD.

Honestly I had one G - production run - that was pretty flat and stable. But these Ps still fade less than the first run Gs I have. I should be able to make next weekend happen.

Been a bit since I've thrown a fresh D-Line, but my gut is telling me yes. Still holds a nice hyzer line, and into a wind it flipped to flat, turned a bit, then still faded back a little. It's like a worn in S-Line, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Not flippy, but will get there faster than S and slower than D.

That's a fair statement about the P-LINE FD.

I posted something on FB over the weekend, but will post something here as well.

I really like what I'm seeing out of the P-Line's so far. The plastic fits right in between S-Line and G-Line in terms of grip and flex. The overall shape of them is similar to the run of C-Lines that were flatter(3rd run if I remember correctly). In terms of flight, they are definitely on the understable side for an FD right out of the box. I threw them along side a new S-Line, new Hybrid S-Line and a new Glow. The stability was similar to the Hybrid S-Line, with maybe a touch more turn to it(The Hybrids also have a bit of turn to them when new). Even though the P-Line's are a little flatter, they still have an amazing amount of glide...guessing that can be attributed to the plastic mix. For people that don't have an arm like Eagle or Simon, I can see these becoming a fantastic roller after a bit of wear. One other thing that I noticed when comparing the nose of these against the S or C line version, is that it seems to be just a tiny bit smaller. Guessing that is do to the cooling process of pro plastic, so maybe these might have just a smidge more speed to them as well. Anyway...really looking forward to throwing these some more.

Thanks for the input, we really appreciate players following up with us!

Teasing me with that mystery box, Discmania!!

sorry, sometimes we can't help ourselves!

Gawsh. All this P-FD talk makes me crave field work. Work and weather are keeping me away. I can add that the PLH of the P is right in between the D-line and C-line. I also agree that the dome matches my 3rd runs, but my 5ths are not far off either. I was surprised by the plastic. Nothing like my P-PD at all. Feels more durable (but that makes sense for the molds: you'd want an over stable pro driver to season faster than a stable/under stable pro fairway.

Thank you for the feedback on the plastic feel!

Love the plastic on the P-FD's, feels just like my favorite millennium baselines. I compared mine to my other FD's and they look to have the same PLH as my S Lines. Dome is pretty even to my 2nd runs. Biggest difference is the nose seems a little less blunt than even my S Lines.

Work is too busy for me to get a chance to throw them yet but from what everyone else is saying I am sure I will love them.

How about some P and S FD2's now?

Did you try them yet? We'll think about the FD2.

although I've been wanting the PFD for a long time I'm relying on you guys to turn this into a production run. BUY EM ALL UPS!

Please let us know what you think of them too!

I'm not on any social media (other than this site and discgolfscene) and don't get much of an eye on the current markets other than here. What the going rate for 10/10 2nd run FDs these days on the ol' interwebz?

if it's max weight I think I saw someone buy one for $50+

If it's max weight, been seeing anywhere from $30-$40. The lighter weights seem to be a little less.

Which is strange because most of the lighter ones are more overstable.

what about pat#SPDs and first run CPDs?

First run C-PDs have been seen over $100 but that seems to change based on the stamp.

I agree, lets see P and S FD2. I worry a P FD2 would break in to replace my FDs though. I would be more exxcited about SLine.

40 may even be on the low end. A lot of 4 recently sold on facebook for over 140, I never saw the final price.

Yeah, they have been going up in price.

Pat# S-PD's seem to have come down a little in my opinion, but still bring decent money. Pricing has been all over the radar though. I've seen them go for as little as $18 on ebay recently, but have also seen some in the $35-$40 range.

New First Run C-PD's, especially if max weight, can bring a fair chunk of change. Probably in the $50-$75 range, depending on color.

And stamp. The ones with our First Run stamp have seemed to be the holy grail so far from what I've been personally asked for.

i think a lot of folks are too concerned about everything having to be max wt. if you give them a 169g disc with no markings will they know the difference? hardly. and peeps concerned about anything under 175g being flippy, its more about individual PLH than anything else. 167 disc can be a pig, whereas same mold/ plastic 175 one can have turn if low PLH.

Especially for the 2nd run FDs.

pricing doesn't make sense on the DM mystery box..

Sorry about that. We had it posted for like 2 minuntes and working out the kinks and people still found it!

I snagged a large box as well. Figured what the heck...need to keep my mail lady in check with weekly DM deliveries

We hope the nice white box gave you a nice surprise!

Hey what are the chances of a run of Glow KP2?I love KP2's and think a Glow run might actually be an upgrade,if that's possible.

That's interesting. There's always a possibility. Thank you for your input.

well... d-line glow in general would be cool!

Another interesting proposal.

Do you plan on replicating some of the unique runs of the PD2 your pro's carry?

Simon has that flat first run that is stiff and seems to be one of a kind, I feel something like that would sell well!

Eric has the PD2 that produces great turn and doesn't seem to fly like a PD2.

Then on a slightly related note, Eagle throwing a max for stupid OS needs. What about a metal flake PD2 or maybe if you got a run flat and pearly (like Simons or 2nd run FDs) that could be a new option! (shout out for MF FD's and MD3's as well lol)

While those runs would benefit the team, it would also give us DM fans something fun to play around with!

We did recently recreate as close to the First Run PD2 as we can so far. Simon, Eagle and Eric are all using the newest run. (it was hard to convince Eric that the new discs were as good ☺ )

Any chance that we'll ever see a D-line MD3?

There's always a chance. A D-LINE MD3 might fill the gap that the MD2 fills though between the MD3 and MD. What are you guys thoughts on the MD2?

Thanks gents! I just picked up more stuff I don't need but desperately want. code is good for free 3-day priority shipping, fyi.

Thanks for supporting Discmania!

The wife saw the free shipping today and the discount on D-Line P2's. She says...why don't you go ahead and order a few of those for Christmas. If she only knew....

12299317_10201206656044172_498634868968964767_n.jpg

We're gunna have to work on getting more D-LINE P2s because of you guys!

I would think so! I mean they do have the d-line Md2, would only make sense. I imagine they have a white board of every mold in order with different plastics to release. It seems like having to order through Innova each time can cause a small backlog when Innova is at full creation mode.

You're close there. We are just more specific on how and when we introduce discs, that's the main difference.

Why does Discmania make 150 open class PD2s if they're not overstable? I don't think I've ever seen one fly more stable than a PD within that weight range, so why make them?

The newest run is actually quite overstable. Even if you consider them "just as stable as a pd"… they're much faster and fly further if you can get a 12 speed disc up to speed. We only wish they were available for the last Japan Open, Simon told us he wished he had this disc because it's more overstable than almost all other lightweight discs he's thrown.

Not everyone uses PD2's to be OS. A lot of people even like the 170-175 runs that produce turn and don't fly true to the numbers.

also – there aren't many lightweight discs that can be used in the wind… the PD2 is one of them if not the only one?

I just unpacked my small mystery box. Here's what it had in it:

G star vroc3 180g with president's cup stamp
S-line FD 175g w/flying circus stamp
C-line DD2 166g w/flying circus stamp
1st run D-line P3 175g

The FD will absolutely get thrown, and I'll give the vroc3 a shot at making the bag. The other two will probably be given to friends or traded for something else.

What did you think of the contents? Was it worth your money?

Is there plans for another run of swirly S-Line PDs?

We have a few were working on getting released. Keep your eyes on the Discmania Store!

so I put my rego bag/discs away for the winter and busted out some goodies from the stash for shiggles. I have so many discs doing nothing it's awful, I felt like I should use the off season to throw the darn things.

just an FYI the sixth run CPDs (flat JL) has straight up TURN...the max weight xouts I had stashed away fly like valk/CD/beat PPD (fast turn at high speed with minimal fade. On shots that I would normal throw flat and just to the right of the target, needed extreme hyzer to the left of my lines to play the turn (shots would end right). I could not get it to fly a golf hyzer line to save my life, pretty much had to use silly/creative lines.

I'm not necessarily disappointed (DM is just too good with transparency etc. etc.) but I will say that I'm going try and liquidate these out of my collection. My absolute favorite thing about PDs is the HSS :p This is the first time I've actually seen a PD fly like this out of the box let alone seasoned. I have a red workhorse SPD that's been in the bag several seasons that still has yet to EVER turn.

so for the sake of minimalism I can see this being nice. these could definitely fit the premium "PPD" flight slot.

first run CPD / SPD / 6th run CPD could probably hit every line on the course.

if anyone is interested in Gline PDs/6th run CPDs hit me up.

that's very interesting. We haven't had this happen yet. Did the disc happen to have a warp in it?

You must have freak ;) 6th runs. I have 4, it's my favorite tun of c PD, and they all fly exactly the same which is no turn at 380-400'. They definitely stay straight longer than the beefier runs but even the one I've been throwing for 8 months has no turn. It just fades out later.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just sayin

We released G-P1x today… just sayin'

You might want to try the new G-LINE… it's very versatile for a throwing putter to say the least.

PDX approved: http://www.pdga.com/files/pdga_approved_discs_120915.pdf

rim 2.1 vs PD 1.9 and heigth 1.9 vs PD 1.7

Is this the Discmania Tern like disc? Faster, glidier PR that has some turn? #wildspeculationoutofmy***

I'll let you guys speculate more.

Still waiting on more milky-white C-Lines so I can color coordinate my FDs with the rest of the bag. If you can do it for a C-Line PD as well and I am willing to pull out the Thunderbirds.

We have glow or clear discs that appear to be white?

PDGA ruining the suspense Discmania likes to build haha :p

Or did they?

Mane the X Line P1x would do

The $25 offer may have to start dwindling a dollar a month... As a little motivation :) if it's released to the universe that'll be cool too.

G-P1x up at the store…

PD with X-Factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.