• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Just got a Zone in Big Z plastic. The plastic is okay, but not as great as my Ti Zone. The Big Z Zone flew... well, like a Zone. i got it to be a backup for the Ti Zone, and the Big Z Zone is pink, so I'll give it some work during 'Throw Pink' month.

Is the ti or big z more OS?

Is the ti or big z more OS?

Both are pretty fresh and new out of the box, about the same weight, and they're pretty much the same in flight. My ESP Zone may be a wee tad more OS and more brick-'ish', but we're not talking different enough that they wouldn't be redundant in a bag.

I don't throw Zones right now, should I buy it anyway and mess around with it? Or try to resell it if it doesn't work for me?

I can't tell you how to spend your money. If you want to try a Zone, that sounds like a good one to try.

I don't throw Zones right now, should I buy it anyway and mess around with it? Or try to resell it if it doesn't work for me?

Not sure where you are in your DG development, but I'd suggest the "buy and hold" method. Try the Zone, and if you don't like it, put it aside or practice with it, and it might gel with you later.

Got a CryZtal FLX Zone today and it had an extreme puddle top, so much that I feel the need to "flat" it out.....best way to do this? Turn it upside down and fill it with warm water ?

Got a CryZtal FLX Zone today and it had an extreme puddle top, so much that I feel the need to "flat" it out.....best way to do this? Turn it upside down and fill it with warm water ?

Just throw it like it is. Or trade it to someone for a flatter one.

Usually a puddle top is a good thing among Zones.

Usually a puddle top is a good thing among Zones.

It was packed with other discs and a t-shirt and a pair o shorts in a small box and the apparel have pushed hard against the ZONE on a 2week shipping trip halfway around the world. . .so it´s VERY puddle top.
But it´s very soft so it might "go back to flat" after a few days out of the box

It was packed with other discs and a t-shirt and a pair o shorts in a small box and the apparel have pushed hard against the ZONE on a 2week shipping trip halfway around the world. . .so it´s VERY puddle top.
But it´s very soft so it might "go back to flat" after a few days out of the box

This is pretty normal. I have a cryZtal zone that came the exact same way. I think it must have something to do with how soft the plastic is, allowing the top to kinda "droop" into a natural puddle top. I love mine and it flies great.

If it's too extreme, you might not be able to get it flat, but you might improve it a bit. Turn it upside down on another upside down disc (I use a small sauce pan), and put boiling water and a small weight (2.5lb or 5lb plate). I perfectly flattened a few ESP and a Colorshift. Never FLX though.

It'll lose some dump at the end...but that's how I like them.

Z FLX Zone is good Zone.

That is all.

Z FLX is what I've settled on for my bag. Sticks a bit better than the Ti Zones I threw for a long time.

Did I hear somewhere that Discraft quit making FLX blends?

I hope not. I bag an old Ledgestone Z FLX and an ESP at all times. Z FLX just hits and sits, but I need the firmer ESP for forehands.

Z FLX is what I've settled on for my bag. Sticks a bit better than the Ti Zones I threw for a long time.

Did I hear somewhere that Discraft quit making FLX blends?

ESP FLX is gone I do believe, but my Z FLX Zone is pretty new, not new enough to have 5 flight numbers, but I think they are still making them.

2 of them would probably be a lifetime supply. Hard to lose because you know what to expect out of the flight, and largely impervious to wear. :clap: