• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

ESP FLX is gone I do believe, but my Z FLX Zone is pretty new, not new enough to have 5 flight numbers, but I think they are still making them.

2 of them would probably be a lifetime supply. Hard to lose because you know what to expect out of the flight, and largely impervious to wear. :clap:

I have 2, pink for summer and lime green for winter. Both are the old flight numbers.

I have almost lost a zone or two before due to it coming in at just the right angle and taking huge skips on a blind hole. I couldn't even fathom it being where it was, I had just completely given up looking in reasonable places and was checking the extremes.

This year has definitely endeared the mold to me so much more. I always liked it, but this year I have been really focusing on developing a usable forehand (at least from a stand still so I can approach and get out of trouble reliably) and it has been pure gold.

Picked up a new mcbeth z zone (not first run) and was pleasantly surprised by the overstability. It was the first new zone I've bought since '17 ledgestone cryztal (which was considerably more os than a fresh puddle top esp) and this new one has about the same flight characteristics while being a little stiffer.

I would like to see the zone in some more unique plastics. Rubber blend would be neat for those hit and stick approaches. And a CT photon would be awesome for that KC pro feel.

I would like to see the zone in some more unique plastics. Rubber blend would be neat for those hit and stick approaches. And a CT photon would be awesome for that KC pro feel.

Infinite has the Zone in 14 different plastics currently. Pro D, Z FLX and soft X all stick pretty nice.

Rubber blend would be nice. . Love my Buzzz in that Plastic . . but i only bougth one ;(

For now the CryZtal and FLX CryZtal Zone is in my bag

Odd plastics is fun

There's no shortage of current zone choices. But I think that's why I love ledgestone releases because they can come up with some interesting multi-blends of mixing different plastics. Oddities are kinda my thing right now.

I can't tell you how to spend your money. If you want to try a Zone, that sounds like a good one to try.

It'd been taunting me for too long. I picked up the pink, mega-puddletop McZone today (I've also had a lot of throws lately where I've been wishing for a beefy putt/approach disc). Excited to give it a throw.

Man when I started out a few years ago, you had ESP Zones, Soft-X, Pro-D, and boutique ledgestone runs etc.

Now I can just go down and buy a Z or ZFLX off the shelf? Spoiled!

Man when I started out a few years ago, you had ESP Zones, Soft-X, Pro-D, and boutique ledgestone runs etc.

Now I can just go down and buy a Z or ZFLX off the shelf? Spoiled!

I have a Z Zone labeled "Limited Edition", which cost a premium price. :doh:

I love my Z zone, it has a puddle top and is very OS. But my ESP zone is nowhere near as OS. Is there anything I can do to puddle top the ESP zone? Or make it more OS?

I love my Z zone, it has a puddle top and is very OS. But my ESP zone is nowhere near as OS. Is there anything I can do to puddle top the ESP zone? Or make it more OS?

I had a older run puddle top esp zone that would be what you're looking for. The new swirly esp zone are flatter and not as stiff as the older runs.

Most times, messing with the dome of discs doesn't change the flight as much as the feel. There are puddle topped ESPs out there. I'd recommend looking for one of those.

Curious as to how understand a Pro-D Zone can get. Mine has had enough use to just have a bit of fade at the end. Could it replace my Z Sol at some point?

Curious as to how understand a Pro-D Zone can get. Mine has had enough use to just have a bit of fade at the end. Could it replace my Z Sol at some point?

I don't think it will ever have the glide that the Sol does. The Sol will always be faster and longer imo.

err.... "how understable a Pro-D Zone":doh:
Stupid spell-check :thmbdown:

err.... "how understable a Pro-D Zone":doh:
Stupid spell-check :thmbdown:

To answer your question, I don't know.

But it is worth noting I have thrown the same Pro D Zone for most of the past 5 years. It was very beat up when I got it. It is not understable even now. That leads me to believe that unless very warped our seriously thrashed, a Pro D Zone will never be understable. For reference, mine flies like a fresh Neutron Envy, which is to say very resistant to turn but little fade, especially when thrown hard.

I beat in one Jawbreaker Zone, lost it, and am now beating another. The first one never gained any glide but lost a lot of the hookup at the end, was a useful upshot disc that flew where you threw it but still had that Zone doesn't fly flight dropping out of the air characteristic.

My Jawbreaker Zone experience is similar to mshelton's above. I'm RHBH dominant, with a very sloppy forehand that is used exclusively for upshots. I like the beat JB Zone better than a premium/fresher Zone for backhand shots, but the premium Zone covers up my FH shortcomings much better. As such, my Titanium Zone is a mandatory disc to carry for me, whereas the JB Zone is a 'nice to have' disc. On short courses I like to have more driving putter options, so the JB Zone goes in the bag. Or in wet conditions when I need the added grippiness of JB vice Ti. But on longer courses with normal weather conditions, I'm finding myself swapping out the JB Zone in favor of an extra driver.

Latest posts