• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Using a ZFlx zone for some flick upshots and loving it. How do the other plastics compare with ZFlx with regards to stability?

Curious as to how understand a Pro-D Zone can get. Mine has had enough use to just have a bit of fade at the end. Could it replace my Z Sol at some point?

Mine lost a little fade at a time and then one day just started flipping wildly under any power. It never lost its fade entirely though.

Beat pro-D Zones have an odd, yet beautiful flight. Kind of like a beat DX Firebird

Curious as to how understand a Pro-D Zone can get. Mine has had enough use to just have a bit of fade at the end. Could it replace my Z Sol at some point?

The ProD Zones break in to lose as much fade as they will. They become more of a mellow fading disc, then they just gain turn after that. I use beat ProD Zones for more technical forehands from those that go straight to ones that turn at the end. I really like then for those shots myself

Using a ZFlx zone for some flick upshots and loving it. How do the other plastics compare with ZFlx with regards to stability?

Z-FLX and cryZtal are the most OS zones out there. Puddle tops always help dictate stability too. ESP, x soft, pro d are slightly less stable as you go down the ladder closer to baseline plastics.

The bigger plastic difference I have found is that my ESP will skip, Z-FLX will not and I know people who carry both for this reason. Stability for me is about the same in all plastics minus Jawbreaker.

The bigger plastic difference I have found is that my ESP will skip, Z-FLX will not and I know people who carry both for this reason. Stability for me is about the same in all plastics minus Jawbreaker.

How is the jawbreaker different?

Anyone try Big Z? same as Z?

I find Z-FLX doesn't like to fly at all. It's very dumpy - you can throw it to the point in the sky and once it runs out of steam it will just dump straight to the ground. The other premium plastic Zones I've thrown (ESP/Z/Glow Z) tend to continue to fly forward as they fade so they get a little more distance/skip. The only other Zone I've thrown that lacked glide as much as the Z-FLX is the Ti Zone from last year.

Anyone try Big Z? same as Z?

I'm using a Big Z Zone right now. I don't have a Z Zone, but the Big Z is about the same as my Titanium Zone and ESP Zone. Maybe slightly less brickish OS, just a wee tad, but no real difference for me.

I find Z-FLX doesn't like to fly at all. It's very dumpy - you can throw it to the point in the sky and once it runs out of steam it will just dump straight to the ground. The other premium plastic Zones I've thrown (ESP/Z/Glow Z) tend to continue to fly forward as they fade so they get a little more distance/skip. The only other Zone I've thrown that lacked glide as much as the Z-FLX is the Ti Zone from last year.

Of the production runs, absolutely. The 2015 Ledgestone Cryztal FLX was the dumpiest I've come across, and that plastic was pretty close to the Z-FLX they're running these days.

Earhart's a pretty good Zone thrower (great flick approach game), and here's his thoughts:

I really don't need a new Zone. I always bag a Ti, supplement with a JB about 50% of the time, and have backups for both. But that video sells the Zflx really well. And personally I do like gummier plastic unless it's the dog days of summer. My brain says I don't need a new Zone for at least 2 more years, and yet...

The ZFLX is not THAT soft but it feels and flies great. . love the CryZtal (hard). . ZFLX (medium) and CryZtal FLX ( soft gummy) combo

The ZFLX I threw flexed in my hand while I was throwing it. It's really soft. Maybe Discraft has changed the blend to firm it up a little since the first release.

Last edited:
The ZFLX I threw flexed in my hand while I was throwing it. It's really soft. Maybe Discraft has changed the blend to firm it up a little since the first release.

I still rotate in a first run, when they started doing production Z-FLX (with the two part stamp), and it feels the same as the one I picked this last month. Was it a summer month? I have switched to ESP on 90+ days...

I still rotate in a first run, when they started doing production Z-FLX (with the two part stamp), and it feels the same as the one I picked this last month. Was it a summer month? I have switched to ESP on 90+ days...

It was in October and jeans weather. The disc was able to retain its shape so it wasn't floppy by any means. It wasn't even as pliable as the one (and only) FLX Surge I had. It was a flick, and I hardly have big distance.

I was honestly shocked that it behaved the way it did. Maybe it was an anomaly. I don't particularly care to swap out the two Zones that have been in the bag for years so I didn't bother to try any others to see if it was or not.

A year or twos ago were alot stiffer then the ones now. I have an extremely floppy Z flx zone right now

X soft is about the same as jawbreaker. They fly straighter and glide for longer, then have that classic zone finish. They beat in fairly quick though.

I've overshot some holes with my x soft. It basically goes as far as my wasp now. Hah!