• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Overstable Putter Advice

Also, what is discrafts ti plastic like? And is there flx stuff as floppy as gstar? I'm not a huge fan of that stuff.

Discraft Ti plastic is like (relatively) firm Star or like Trilogy's Gold Line/Fuzion plastic. I like it. Yes, FLX Ti is a lot softer (I have a Challenger putter in this Ti FLX plastic), and is not unlike GStar; I don't like it nearly as much as I like regular Ti.

As to the OP question, the Discmania P3 is overstable and not beaded. It's shallow: it actually feels more like a mid than a putter in my paws. I believe the Prodigy Pa-2 is not beaded. I don't know if the new Marshal from Trilogy is beaded or not, but it's overstable from what I've seen on the videos.

ESP Zone.

If it is going to be a Zone, ESP is the choice. :hfive:

Again, they are very overstable and may require more effort to use on approach lines than something a little slower and less OS.

Sinus is a good option, 3 plastic options so you can find them from stiff to soft to in between. Great hit and stick discs.

I like the discmania P3 putter as it is very shallow. However, it's only made in d-line and c-line. I have a d-line P3 but it did not stay as stable once worn in. I am thinking of getting a c-line P3 but I would love Discmania to put out a s-line P3. The P2 is too wide for me.

I am using a Opto Pure the most for stable putter upshots these days. However, the Pure is just slightly larger in depth than a P3 and not quite as comfy in my hand.

I also carry a esp Zone. However, it is just pure beef and too stable for some shots.

Champ Rhyno imo. Not as stable as the harp though. Pig is more OS and flat like a harp, but odd rim.

Last edited:
Safe to say that, the answer is Zone if you want noticeably OS flight no matter the conditions, but if what you want is closer to neutral flight not changed by wind (i.e. good HSS but not aggressive fade,) there are various good options out there?

I carry a Zone. For Zone stuff. But it is REALLY OS. Everyone recommending them knows it. And I doubt anyone carrying a zone doesn't have another slightly OS driving/upshot putter in their bag.

I used to use the Scale in that spot. Love the flight (brickish and super rangeable) and they season in great. Good choice for a Wizard thrower, but in the end they just felt to deep for me. Switched to Rhynos. Again, great flight -- not as brickish or OS, and they come in tons of great plastic options. Less deep, but still felt a touch too deep for me.
Settled on Tanks -- they're beadless Rhynos. Still OS, not nearly as deep in the hands. Super rangeable but workable.
A beefier Envy isn't a bad choice either, but they're much longer and creep on my Rocs.

I carry a Zone. For Zone stuff. But it is REALLY OS. Everyone recommending them knows it. And I doubt anyone carrying a zone doesn't have another slightly OS driving/upshot putter in their bag.

This is the point I was trying to stress. Better to look for a more workable disc that doesn't require so much effort to shape.

I used to use the Scale in that spot. Love the flight (brickish and super rangeable) and they season in great. Good choice for a Wizard thrower, but in the end they just felt to deep for me. Switched to Rhynos. Again, great flight -- not as brickish or OS, and they come in tons of great plastic options. Less deep, but still felt a touch too deep for me.
Settled on Tanks -- they're beadless Rhynos. Still OS, not nearly as deep in the hands. Super rangeable but workable.
A beefier Envy isn't a bad choice either, but they're much longer and creep on my Rocs.

Tank looks like a Pig. alot.

That's exactly what I needed to hear. I would like to get my hands on a disc like the tank that you described. I have thrown envies and they feel too deep to me as well. Are there more discs that are similar to the tank?

Also, I ordered a zone based on all of the recommendations.

Safe to say that, the answer is Zone if you want noticeably OS flight no matter the conditions, but if what you want is closer to neutral flight not changed by wind (i.e. good HSS but not aggressive fade,) there are various good options out there?

The original purpose of this thread was to find a disc like you described. Closer to neutral and not changed by the wind. What are your favorites?